Seat moves

Certainly, wasn’t the case in previous years. They were running seat moves and new season tickets purchases at the same time.
That's good if so. As i said, it doesn't impact me as im not moving,it was more a general musing.

Hopefully someone has moved out of BF4 or BF3/5 so I can hopefully get one of those seats for my son who is on the waiting list.

Still waiting on confirmation of my transfer . Wish they would hurry up. I’ve fired them a second email after hearing people got confirmation on same day as acceptance . Accepted on Thursday and heard nothing yet

Sent off an email to accept on Saturday and was phoned first thing this morning to confirm.

There was a price difference so maybe that’s why I got a phone call but all done and email with changes sent through already. New smart card will be sent out asap

Just got a email off Marion saying that if a seat becomes available I'll be offered it. They are still working through them... here's hoping

Sent off an email to accept on Saturday and was phoned first thing this morning to confirm.

There was a price difference so maybe that’s why I got a phone call but all done and email with changes sent through already. New smart card will be sent out asap
My price has went up as well . Any idea what the number started with so I answer it if they call and did you pay for your season ticket by bank transfer , direct debit or finance ?

Last edited:
Certainly, wasn’t the case in previous years. They were running seat moves and new season tickets purchases at the same time.
Which was a load of shite IMO, non season ticket holders were able to log into the site a get first shout at available seats, whilst current season ticket holders were getting told there were no seat transfers available, there were dozens of seats available that I would have gladly transferred to, the setup last year was so laughable it beggars belief

Sent my conformation on Friday but no email or phone call yet to get the online stuff changed

Which was a load of shite IMO, non season ticket holders were able to log into the site a get first shout at available seats, whilst current season ticket holders were getting told there were no seat transfers available, there were dozens of seats available that I would have gladly transferred to, the setup last year was so laughable it beggars belief
Of course it was, I was like you looking to transfer seats and didn’t get the chance.

My reply was just pointing out to another what has happened previously.

I think this year will be similar. New waiting list folk will have the option to goon and buy a seat. I know a couple of years ago when my mate got his it was a case of an email offering you a specific seat, take it or leave it.

My price has went up as well . Any idea what the number started with so I answer it if they call and did you pay for your season ticket by bank transfer , direct debit or finance ?

Withheld number. I paid for mine by bank transfer so just needed my card details.

Still waiting on confirmation of my transfer . Wish they would hurry up. I’ve fired them a second email after hearing people got confirmation on same day as acceptance . Accepted on Thursday and heard nothing yet
Thats surprising, I got confirmation the day after I paid the difference to the bank. Could be the hold up is at the bank. Still not received my smartcard tho.

Did anyone who was looking to move out of BF4 or 3 get an offer? Im hoping it frees up one for my son on the waiting list lol! That or that i can take what they offer him and request a swap!

I’ve been trying for 4 years to move two seats out of BF4 but nothing ever been offered, and nothing again this year

3rd year I’ve asked for a seat transfer so that me and my boy can sit together. Emailed every season and done the seat transfer registration a few months ago. Emailed the Ticket office again after renewal for next season explaining the situation. He isnt even at primary school age and our seats are 4 sections apart. When I bought his it was just a case of take whatever seat Rangers give you. There was no option to go on the map of the stadium and pick a seat.

3rd year I’ve asked for a seat transfer so that me and my boy can sit together. Emailed every season and done the seat transfer registration a few months ago. Emailed the Ticket office again after renewal for next season explaining the situation. He isnt even at primary school age and our seats are 4 sections apart. When I bought his it was just a case of take whatever seat Rangers give you. There was no option to go on the map of the stadium and pick a seat.
This is exactly what I am about to embark on. Will take whatever seat and then request a move to me every year until I get one and he can then come with me to games.

This is exactly what I am about to embark on. Will take whatever seat and then request a move to me every year until I get one and he can then come with me to games.
That was my thinking. Bought one as soon as I had the chance, get him a ST and on mygers and thought surely after 3 years he would have got a transfer but still no joy.

That was my thinking. Bought one as soon as I had the chance, get him a ST and on mygers and thought surely after 3 years he would have got a transfer but still no joy.
So am I right I saying your paying for a season ticket for him and get can’t even use the ticket?

That's a nightmare. I think the best chance of parent and child getting seats next to each other is to get 2 in the family stand (BR). they then have to transfer you out of there when the concession turns 16. At least you would have some years sitting beside each other.

So am I right I saying your paying for a season ticket for him and get can’t even use the ticket?
I will be doing the same but my brother will use it until I get a seat swap close enough o me that my son can come or until I go into the family section with him.

Correct bought one for when he’s old enough to start going so just been upgrading it to adult most weeks for mates to use or if not then seat sub it but want him to Start going this year.

Have you asked anyone around you if they would swap?
Most have been sitting there for years and the other seat is nowhere near as good so it wouldn’t be a good swap for people. Just need to keep trying every year for a move. I even said in my emails I would take another seat in the same section doesn’t have to be 2 together.

Last edited:
I just got this from the ticket office

"All supporters that have been successful for a seat transfer have been emailed. If you have not received an email, you have been unsuccessful for this season.

Due to over 45,000 season ticket holders renewing this season we have only had a very limited number of seats available for transfers."

"All supporters that have been successful for a seat transfer have been emailed. If you have not received an email, you have been unsuccessful for this season.

Due to over 45,000 season ticket holders renewing this season we have only had a very limited number of seats available for transfers."
No email here

Not received that email yet either.

Was this an email in response to one you sent or a generic out of the blue one?

Me neither. Unless they were responding to a specific query, I've not even had the email saying I'm not getting an email. If this happens eight or maybe nine more times I'm going to start taking this personally.
Need to pop in and have a word with them hahah

It was in response to me asking about a seat transfer

They were specific though that everyone that was to be offered on has been emailed
I emailed seat transfers on Friday spoke with them twice today n got offered one at half 4...just keep on them might work

It all sounds incredibly manual. Surely there’s some sort of computer programme that could analyse the requests and from a much earlier date.

It all sounds incredibly manual. Surely there’s some sort of computer programme that could analyse the requests and from a much earlier date.

I could put it together in less than a day, matching requests and swaps - so easy.

Here’s a point though - this doesn’t actually need to be done at this time, it could actually be done at any point during the season in terms of matching people looking for swaps. Granted just now there might be more open seats because general sale hasn’t started to new season ticket holders, but swaps could be done any time.

I really feel we need a thread where people can post their swap proposals and see if anybody wants to swap.

There will be a seat to MFM available, decided to decline as financially might not be the best for me going forward as the cost of living just keeps going up. Hopefully get an offer again in the future

There will be a seat to MFM available, decided to decline as financially might not be the best for me going forward as the cost of living just keeps going up. Hopefully get an offer again in the future
Offer it here as a ticket transfer.

Back