New Edmiston House - What is going on?

My main concern at the beginning was the size of the bar for match days especially.

It looks tiny and I suspect if the place is mobbed, it will be big queues for serving.

When you think of the Louden, they’ve countless bars hence why you get served rapid which makes it even more of an attraction to paying customers.
It will be big enough, we cant have everything for everyone and the numbers will be limited.

My main concern at the beginning was the size of the bar for match days especially.

It looks tiny and I suspect if the place is mobbed, it will be big queues for serving.

When you think of the Louden, they’ve countless bars hence why you get served rapid which makes it even more of an attraction to paying customers.
We are hopeful of adding another bar and toilets in the Beer garden, depending on permissions being granted. It is important that people know they can come in and get served quickly

I don't think it's been designed for mass sales of beer on gameday - it's a family fanzone attraction.

The talk is to convert the current superstore into a bar for that purpose.

I remember when I first saw the drawings that confused me as FF is always "here" as my first thought.

First Floor as it turned out...

Either that or he's joined Marshall in the Edmiston House CIC and...well let's not start that debate.
I told Mark not to tell anyone

I don't think it's been designed for mass sales of beer on gameday - it's a family fanzone attraction.

I think the whole purpose is to have an all singing all dancing venue that can open matchdays, concerts, and dinners as well as conferences.
Open during the week for the museum, retail, and use the eating area for light snacks and coffee etc
I think it will be an unparalleled success

Might just be me but when I passed it looked bigger than I expected. Longer, wider and probably taller than the old one. Sadly delays and increasing costs are the norm for building projects these day.

I look forward to the eventual completion and opening of Edmiston House. It promises to be an exceptional venue.

I spent many a happy pre-match in the old Premier Club, upstairs in the original EH. No idea how many it held but it coped fine. If you wanted in you got there relatively early, that's all. I'd imagine the same will apply here.

As someone has suggested above, I think the Club will market this as a 'family' space for those enjoying the fanzone rather than a boozer and rival to The Louden, for example, that you go to to get tanked up before the match.

I spent many a happy pre-match in the old Premier Club, upstairs in the original EH. No idea how many it held but it coped fine. If you wanted in you got there relatively early, that's all. I'd imagine the same will apply here.

As someone has suggested above, I think the Club will market this as a 'family' space for those enjoying the fanzone rather than a boozer and rival to The Louden, for example, that you go to to get tanked up before the match.
The Premier Club had an official capacity for 500 at a night for Platoon, it was guys I knew that run them

I wonder how they are going to manage the expectations of fans?

This thread is bonkers :))

Obviously the delays are disappointing but the size of the place will be exactly as per the drawings and videos released months ago. Any idea of a 'scaled down' version just simply isn't true.

We currently have no indoor fanzone space nor a Musuem to compliment our tours and this will address both of these, with the added benefit of gig space for year round income. Even things like the Burns supper, POTY awards etc will now be able to be hosted onsite. It's going to be an excellent asset.

My only disappointment is it hasn't incorporated a ticket office.
Going to be even more suspicious when they hire Warwick Davis to cut the ribbon

If it doesn’t come to pass in this calendar year, expect the usual suspects to defend the great and the good, cite mitigating circumstances and decry all those who complain of being gaslighted as moonhowlers.

Even if it ends up being on the small side, has the Hinshelwood complex not been leased for use as a fan zone at some point? I’m sure I read somewhere that GCC had relented. Possibly larger bar and eating areas to be sited in there? And the museum, shop, venue and vip bar to be in a building that we actually own.
I imagine gas lights will be quite prominent in our museum since we won’t have the money for traditional leccy

Might just be me but when I passed it looked bigger than I expected. Longer, wider and probably taller than the old one. Sadly delays and increasing costs are the norm for building projects these day
Low bid to get the contract then nail the customer on extra's that they claim they didn't quote for, as well as blame rise in material costs. Like you say the norm these days

Brilliant.

Obviously won't be Barrowlands size but that place is on borrowed time with the state of it.

I'm sure the plan will be to attract bands who would normally use it.
I think it is designed to be smaller than the Barrowland. As far as I am aware it has been pitched to be inbetween the size of King Tuts and the Barrowland this grabbing a slice of the market that isn’t being properly catered for at the moment.

As an aside there are men working on the site just now.

Brilliant.

Obviously won't be Barrowlands size but that place is on borrowed time with the state of it.

I'm sure the plan will be to attract bands who would normally use it.
From the outside looking in it looks like they are trying to fill the void left by the demise of the ABC, The subway would be a good selling point, if only they would keep it open until midnight

The museum is going to be a huge let down.

There's no way a buiding as small as that can hold a top quality museum, club shop & concert venue.
I think a lot of people will be disappointed with the museum, I really can see it being anything like a kelvingrove type. A decent sized display room with a changing array of exhibits would be my thought for a space which will not be making any money.

Low bid to get the contract then nail the customer on extra's that they claim they didn't quote for, as well as blame rise in material costs. Like you say the norm these days

If the tender document is as tight as it should be, then that shouldn't be a problem at all.

Of course, inflation-index clauses and wild increases in material costs (I see it first hand, it's real) mean that cost increases will show - which will undoubtedly have been the case in this project, like every other construction project over the last couple years.

I think a lot of people will be disappointed with the museum, I really can see it being anything like a kelvingrove type. A decent sized display room with a changing array of exhibits would be my thought for a space which will not be making any money.

I think we can all agree it will not be Kelvingrove-like B-)

Can we wait to see the final result before getting tore into it at least?

But how will people be able to moan and cry about it? If they wait and it turns out good they won’t have anything to cry about and will feel robbed of their own tears!

I don’t know what people expect from the museum part of this facility. I think a lot of people will be let down when they see it.

I thought the superstore was to be a new ticket office so that we could get rid of the ghastly portakabins?

Please tell me this hasn’t been shelved

Typical Rangers good news story. Angry man , how can I trash the story.

I honestly don’t get it. I see something from Rangers and my first thought is good.

It’s the same people that are bemused that we didn’t offer Mbapae a contract along with Madrid and PSG. People who don’t grasp or refuse to grasp how much 2012 has hamstrung us as a business and think we are still in the 90s

I thought the superstore was to be a new ticket office so that we could get rid of the ghastly portakabins?

Please tell me this hasn’t been shelved

Is that the plan? I thought I read it was to be a bar/grill type gaff. The queues to get into the turnstiles around the store are always long. Would be carnage adding a ticket office queue into the mix.

Is that the plan? I thought I read it was to be a bar/grill type gaff. The queues to get into the turnstiles around the store are always long. Would be carnage adding a ticket office queue into the mix.
It’s a bit confusing but I’m sure I read the portakabins were finally being binned and a proper ticket office was to go in where the currant club shop is?

It’s the same people that are bemused that we didn’t offer Mbapae a contract along with Madrid and PSG. People who don’t grasp or refuse to grasp how much 2012 has hamstrung us as a business and think we are still in the 90s
Yep no easy feat to buy cheap , sell at peak and continue to win nearly every game. We need that CL cash.

Back