The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is going to set chaos on this discussion - however, some strong chat amongst bears in Asia (me being one of them) that the club has received a bid for a majority stake that has been treated fairly seriously and hence the delay on various signings to date.

I await to get battered by posting this....however, the chat is fairly strong amongst some credible bears.
I wonder if it’s that guy Stewart somebody who was rumoured to be investing before, sounds like he’s from good stock.

I don’t think there’s many transfers happened anywhere yet so there’s no reason to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5. Signings can still happen with investment taking place or not. We just need to be patient.

I suppose it depends on what is happening with Bassey. I’d bet my house on it that the club haven’t opened any dialogue with him yet on a new improved longer deal. If he was tied down I think Borna would go.
Must be weird for Bassey being valued at around 25 million and guys like Jack Simpson being on bigger wages than him. Bassey should be one of our biggest priorities for a new contract.

There should be a decent budget add in a player sale that should more than cover 3/4 quality signings this summer at the very least.

Expectations will vary but if there isn't quality additions added and we are stuck with the bulk of the same starting 11 that was built under Mark Allen then some big questions need to be asked of our strategy and namely Ross Wilson.

We should be turning over 1 or 2 players a season that's what should be used to fund transfers that has to be the model.

Mark Allen wasted a lot of money as well and the theory he built that full 11 was blown apart when Beale revealed it was him that identified Connor Goldson for example. Wilson can only operate with the budget he's given from the people running the club his hands are tied so not every signing is going to work.

Nobody at the club did. That’s the difference.
Thanks for this info. I had hoped he would stay but I think we all know the reality. Too many reliable people now mentioning it. Will be a hard one to replace, a real fantastic all round player and robust as they come.

I suppose it depends on what is happening with Bassey. I’d bet my house on it that the club haven’t opened any dialogue with him yet on a new improved longer deal. If he was tied down I think Borna would go.
Agree with that, reckon Bassey would be happy to do another year here if he was guaranteed to be the main man.

But again it depends if the right offer comes in we might not be able to say no.

I think Colak would be a very good signing.

Wouldn't like him as a Morelos replacement though.

Important we get new deals for Kent, Jack, Morelos and Aribo (unless we sell him on).

If we sell Aribo he will need replaced with a classy attacking midfielder that's a threat from range.

Other than that, the squad is looking good for me.

since Rangers is a business we should have to expect any player to leave as everybody has a price and that's the model we should be operating on some signings work some don't that's the industry there in

I don’t disagree Boab, I was just wondering if Empire had heard if there was any truth in the rumours on here.

Personally if we got a decent fee & replaced him with a younger athletic type I’d be happy.

Back to Colak, he just seems that he would be a really good fit for us. Hopefully that is a deal that could still be ticking along behind the scenes.

Seems built for this league, I'd be concerned if we gave up so easily on him.

PAOK aren't asking for too much.

It's not even July yet and we have people behaving like children, it almost seems as though some people would rather we bought anybody rather than the players we want

We shouldn't sign just anyone but on the flip side we should have had some kind of plan in place to get business done early considering the very early weeks of August will probably determine a huge part of our season.

We'll be playing against settled sides desperately wanting that champions league income soon and we don't know right now if we'll have a fit striker for these games.

All you need to do is look back to last season and how poorly prepared we were for Malmö. We are sleep walking into a very similar situation again.

Back to Colak, he just seems that he would be a really good fit for us. Hopefully that is a deal that could still be ticking along behind the scenes.
Colak doesn’t seem to fit our usual profile from signings over the last 4 years, to pay a couple of million for a 28 year old, Roofe is only player I can think of who was 27 when we signed him for a transfer fee. If Colak was our number 1 priority for striker I feel we would have done that deal already. Don’t really see what would cause a hold up, PAOK seem to want another striker in and last season let him go on Loan. I’m hoping Botheim or someone with similar profile is targeted.

After the UEFA Cup Final in 2008, we signed the following;

Majid Bougherra
Kenny Miller
Kyle Lafferty
Pedro Mendes
Maurice Edu
Andrius Velicka
Aaron Niguez
Andy Webster

We also signed Steven Davis on a permanent deal too.

Spent £17.8m
Brought in £12.3 (sold Cuellar, Cousin and Sebo)

Interesting comparison from when we last had a full season European run anyway. Hopefully we do the business before the UCL qualifiers as we don’t want another Kaunas situation here and most on that list above were signed after being knocked out the qualifiers and European football altogether for the season.

I think when Aribo is sold, things will probably also start happening this summer.
The majority of those signings were made after being knocked out of the champions league by Kaunas

Does anyone else think its a bit odd the Rangers Review have a video today titled 'Should Rangers lack of Transfer Activity be a concern?'.

I know its pre-season and they don't have much to talk about but surely that isn't a genuine matter of discussion.

We've signed Souttar, extended Godson's contract and as things stand, I know there's speculation, the squad is very healthy. Bids may come in for certain players that we sell, as all clubs do, but this rush just to sign people is a sign of a weird internet generation desperate for stuff to happen constantly, that isn't how real life works.

Changed days from spending pre-season doing other things out-with the constant need for information about singings, all you got was a player being announced and on the back of the papers in the morning.

I miss those days.
Rangers Review is a Newsquest venture. That's all that needs to be said about them.

The fact some jobber mob in PAOK are letting Colak go (relatively) easily is a bit of a red flag imo.

He looks a decent enough striker, but do people really think he's the best we can do? Mmm, I think there's better out there.
Hardly a jobber mob, they were a bawhair from the semi finals of the ECL.

Aribo and Kamara are extremely close off the pitch. They, along with Bassey are in London as much as possible. They are London boys. They want and yearn for down the road. I don't think that it will be a surprise if both Aribo and Kamara are sold.

Which I just don’t really get.
Yes we have suffered losses, but we’ve spent next to nothing the last 3 windows and are repeatedly told how well we are doing with merch, sponsors etc

Robertson was on record saying we should be turning a profit last year pre EL run, pre Patterson and pre Gerrard compo.

If we’ve not a pot to piss in on the back of all of that we are in real real trouble and are being run all wrong
Its been repeated multiple times now. The statement was around the time of the AGM, so was post-Gerrard compo.

There's other stuff to factor in and it bemuses me why folk don't look at the outgoings as well.

We settled with the Fat C*nt in February. My guess would be it cost us in excess of £3m - otherwise we'd have settled earlier.

We have an interest-bearing loan of £5.25m at 6% interest to three of the Directors. Have we chosen to pay that back?

We had another loan of £8.5m from investors after last year's Annual Report as well. No record of what the interest rate is on that one. Have we chosen to pay that back?

We potentially face a fine for the price-fixing allegations? Have we set aside a sum in readiness for that?

There would have been significant bonus payments to players and staff for the run to Seville. How much, we do not know. After Manchester though it was rumoured the bonuses came close to negating any cash we made from the run.

To balance all that, we had an injection of funds of roughly £4.5m from the share issue. Plus the first £9m from Patterson and whatever we got for Itten. Plus the aforementioned Gerrard compo of circa £4m.

I've been consistent in suggesting we will spend. I reckon up to £10m before any sales. Let's just wait and see - but let's also get away from this notion that we suddenly have a huge pot of money sitting there begging to be spent.

Last edited:
Colak doesn’t seem to fit our usual profile from signings over the last 4 years, to pay a couple of million for a 28 year old, Roofe is only player I can think of who was 27 when we signed him. If Colak was our number 1 priority for striker I feel we would have done that deal already. Don’t really see what would cause a hold up, PAOK seem to want another striker in and last season let him go on Loan. I’m hoping Botheim or someone with similar profile is targeted.
Guarantee we will be haggling over the fee anything over €2 million is too much imo.

I'm still holding out hope for Bothiem that's the calibre I'm wanting this summer again on a free transfer and our interest being genuine it's a no brainer everything should be done to get him this summer.

The fact some jobber mob in PAOK are letting Colak go (relatively) easily is a bit of a red flag imo.

He looks a decent enough striker, but do people really think he's the best we can do? Mmm, I think there's better out there.
That lot have Giawhatshisname, was terrible in Greece.

The style of football there really doesn't suit attackers. His record there was terrible.

Done well in Holland and Scotland since, Colak has performed everywhere else but PAOK.

I'd say it's more damning of Greek football than individual players.

Guarantee we will be haggling over the fee anything over €2 million is too much imo.

I'm still holding out hope for Bothiem that's the calibre I'm wanting this summer again on a free transfer and our interest being genuine it's a no brainer everything should be done to get him this summer.
Yeah exactly, have a feeling Colak is a backup option if Botheim or maybe a couple of other targets don’t happen. If Colak was our number 1 target it would have been done, PAOK don’t seem hard to deal with, especially just letting him go on loan last season to Malmo.

That is the managers decision though it might not be the right one and hes not a manager or even someone involved in the game anyone on here respects anyway

He will add so much more than goals and anyway you could do the same with every player find a useless boring stat which means little or 0, and just focus on it forever.

Well it will if he comes in and does the job and Rangers win our title back.
Ross Stewart is not better than Roofe or Morelos for that reason for me it's a NO.

Because pre-season has started and we're only several weeks away now from vital champions league qualifiers which will determine a huge part of our season. We have several players coming back from long term injury who might not be fully fit for these games as well.

We either don't have much money or were are sitting on our hands hoping for the best as we face a monumental task of getting into the champions league.

Or alternatively none of that is happening, things are being worked on quietly and multi million pound deals take time.

Yeah exactly, have a feeling Colak is a backup option if Botheim or maybe a couple of other targets don’t happen. If Colak was our number 1 target it would have been done, PAOK don’t seem hard to deal with, especially just letting him go on loan last season to Malmo.
I think we will get Colak too much in it I just don't want us to pay over the odds as essentially he will be 3rd choice.

Bothiem would be an exciting addition I just wonder would a deal be dependant on Morelos or Roofe leaving ?

If we went into the CL Qualifiers with Morelos, Bothiem, Colak as our options I'd be delighted I think that's the quality and strength in depth that we require.

Patterson £16m (obv not all in one go)
Gerrard £5m
Sponsors £37m (iirc the figure from Bisgrove)
Merchandise is anyones guess
ST and Match tickets
EL i’m not sure of the final figure either but apparently was more than we would’ve got for CL qualification (again if memory serves)

Now we have costs to come out of all that
obviously but if we aren’t seeing a healthy profit after all that then IMO we are headed for some really dark times again

Patterson and Gerrard cash flow was already used to plug in the gap in the cash flows last season.

Sponsorship figures are just sales. Revenue and cash flow from those sales may not hit the books and club all at once especially if the deals are multi-year deals.

We just came out of the really dark times the last two years financially and those gaps were narrowly plugged by investors. IF they are smart, they will avoid dancing on a razor's edge financially and be prudent on transfer spending unless we sell.

I know this is going to set chaos on this discussion - however, some strong chat amongst bears in Asia (me being one of them) that the club has received a bid for a majority stake that has been treated fairly seriously and hence the delay on various signings to date.

I await to get battered by posting this....however, the chat is fairly strong amongst some credible bears.

An interesting post. Do you have any further information to share mate?

Someone let Bassey go in a free

Someone let Tav go for a few hundred K

Someone let Alfie go for £1m
Bassey was 20 when we got him and was actually offered a new contract at Leicester.

Tavernier was 23

Morelos was 21

All these players at completely different ages and stages of career than Colak, Morelos, Tavernier and Bassey were project players.

Another Cammy Bell! :)-

RANGERS are in advanced talks to sign highly-rated Scotland youth international Cameron Bell, according to a report.

The 16-year-old has been with Everton since he was seven years old.

Cameron Bell is reported to be on his way from Everton to Rangers

But Rangers are working on a deal to bring the defender back to his native country this summer.

It's being reported by Football Insider that the Ibrox club have offered Bell a contract and that they are "increasingly hopeful" he will sign on the dotted line.

All going well, the move could be announced imminently.

Bell posted an emotional message on his Instagram confirming he IS leaving Everton - but left fans guessing as to where his next career move will be.

After the UEFA Cup Final in 2008, we signed the following;

Majid Bougherra
Kenny Miller
Kyle Lafferty
Pedro Mendes
Maurice Edu
Andrius Velicka
Aaron Niguez
Andy Webster

We also signed Steven Davis on a permanent deal too.

Spent £17.8m
Brought in £12.3 (sold Cuellar, Cousin and Sebo)

Interesting comparison from when we last had a full season European run anyway. Hopefully we do the business before the UCL qualifiers as we don’t want another Kaunas situation here and most on that list above were signed after being knocked out the qualifiers and European football altogether for the season.

I think when Aribo is sold, things will probably also start happening this summer.
The "concerning" thing is we'd be going in to play a team of a far higher standard than Kaunas.

Signings excite/inspire the existing squad and give the impression they want to do everything to succeed, when there's no activity it feels we're heading towards failure.

I think there will be signings but not as many or of as high quality as I'd of originally thought.

Given his age and record I'd think it would be a free hit of a signing in the sense if he comes and it didn't work out we'd at least recoup our fee.
Surely Dallinga is exactly the type of profile we should be after?
Exactly - if we could get him for around £2m, even if he didn't perform particularly well, you'd have to think we could still recoup the majority of that fee when he's 22.

FWIW, with the chances we make for players and the level of opposition we face, I could see him banging in the goals and his value soaring. He's only going to get better and working with Gio and Makaay (who he is said to be similar to in playing style) would only help improve him further.

A proper no-risk signing.

RANGERS are in advanced talks to sign highly-rated Scotland youth international Cameron Bell, according to a report.

The 16-year-old has been with Everton since he was seven years old.

But Rangers are working on a deal to bring the defender back to his native country this summer.

It's being reported by Football Insider that the Ibrox club have offered Bell a contract and that they are "increasingly hopeful" he will sign on the dotted line.

All going well, the move could be announced imminently.

Bell posted an emotional message on his Instagram confirming he IS leaving Everton - but left fans guessing as to where his next career move will be.
B team signing I guess, but definitely a good addition.

Might even make the jump earlier if he's good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back