Official Women's Euro 2022

I've nothing against womens football, it just isn't for me - much in the same way I don't watch the A League here.

What does annoy me is the way its now reported. Take BBC for example, click on the football news and its plastered all over it with no differentiating markers stating clearly its womens football.
However, if you want to read about Scottish football, or even the European football, you need to click into specific pages to do so. Womens football should be its own similar sub-set

Bbc seem to be showing every game live on 1 and 2, not the iplayer or even bbc3 and 4 . It's a shame they don't see fit to show some other sports , in particular Boxing and Horse racing which they binned years ago ( I'm sure there's other sport that they don't show ) .

Good luck to Demi Vance and co for tonight. Unfortunately Norway will probably hammer them with the difference in world rankings.

Also, is Megan Bell injured or is there another reason she isn't in the squad? (edit: seen on twitter that she had hamstring surgery at the end of May).

Good luck to Demi Vance and co for tonight. Unfortunately Norway will probably hammer them with the difference in world rankings.

Also, is Megan Bell injured or is there another reason she isn't in the squad? (edit: seen on twitter that she had hamstring surgery at the end of May).
She had hamstring surgery in May

Bbc seem to be showing every game live on 1 and 2, not the iplayer or even bbc3 and 4 . It's a shame they don't see fit to show some other sports , in particular Boxing and Horse racing which they binned years ago ( I'm sure there's other sport that they don't show ) .
Yes I think they have to Women's football otherwise they will be accused of being sexist even although the standard and entertainment value isnt great IMO

They bought to a tournament and are promoting as such

Odd group game iPlayer only and one on BBC 3

As for other sports they have made they choice on that a number of years ago and even if did try and get them would they be successful that is another debate

As for other sports they have made they choice on that a number of years ago and even if did try and get them would they be successful that is another dedebate
Boxing had huge viewing figures when it was on bbc , especially during the 80s with Bruno, Benn ,Mcguigan etc , I think that's the reason channel 5 have started showing it again ..same with horse racing, itv have good figures for Cheltenham, Royal Ascot, Derby etc . Obviously they'd have to bid against rival broadcasters for other sports but they just seem reluctant to do so for some reason . Be interesting to see what the viewing figures will be for these euros .

Boxing had huge viewing figures when it was on bbc , especially during the 80s with Bruno, Benn ,Mcguigan etc , I think that's the reason channel 5 have started showing it again ..same with horse racing, itv have good figures for Cheltenham, Royal Ascot, Derby etc . Obviously they'd have to bid against rival broadcasters for other sports but they just seem reluctant to do so for some reason . Be interesting to see what the viewing figures will be for these euros .
Guess with budgets etc then they have choose which event they go for

Always found it proper strange how negative some folk are about women's football for absolutely no reason. If you’re not a fan of it then just don’t watch it? I’ve really enjoyed seeing our increased focus and investment in the Rangers women team over the last few years.

I think alot of it is down to the fact that the exposure & money their game is receiving is not proportionate to the talent on display.

For example, every player in the Scottish League 1 will be far more talented than any women's player but won't make anywhere near as much out the game. How is that fair?

It won't be long before teams in the Womens Super League are bringing in more prize money from their league than us which is sickening.

Gave it a go last night and now baffled that we have pundits and commentators who performed at that level I assume telling us where Kevin De Bruyne is going wrong :D

if that Leeds bird (I think it's her) was playing in the games, they'd have massive viewing figures for games :D

watched it last night, not the best quality but I did watch the women's CL final a few months ago with Barcelona/Lyon in it and it was actually a decent game so the Spanish team might be worth a watch whenever they play

if that Leeds bird (I think it's her) was playing in the games, they'd have massive viewing figures for games :D

watched it last night, not the best quality but I did watch the women's CL final a few months ago with Barcelona/Lyon in it and it was actually a decent game so the Spanish team might be worth a watch whenever they play
Aye it’s her, she could have toned it down a bit for that like! Maybe worn a hoody or something sporty.

As a coach of a girls team it is great to see how the women's game has really taken off. It is a different game but that's why they don't all play together.

Since we started with 7 girls just about 3 years ago we now have over 200 girls at our club and it's growing every week

I think alot of it is down to the fact that the exposure & money their game is receiving is not proportionate to the talent on display.

For example, every player in the Scottish League 1 will be far more talented than any women's player but won't make anywhere near as much out the game. How is that fair?

It won't be long before teams in the Womens Super League are bringing in more prize money from their league than us which is sickening.
I don’t really see what the issue is with the exposure, they’re showing games from the highest level possible. The women's game will also only get better with this increased level of investment which will drastically improve the overall game. Also, investing in the women's game isn’t taking any funding away from mens football.

I really don’t think you can compare women's teams playing at their highest level to league 1 players up here. You wouldn’t argue that league one players in scotland should be earning the same as premier league players. The money you earn is dependent on the level you’re at. The majority of female players outwith the big leagues will be on a lot less than those at a similar level in the mens game.

With regards to prize money thats completely due to the absolute disaster of the SPFL leadership up here. We’re not the best league in the world but we should be bringing in significantly more in TV deals and sponsorships.

I don’t really see what the issue is with the exposure, they’re showing games from the highest level possible. The women's game will also only get better with this increased level of investment which will drastically improve the overall game. Also, investing in the women's game isn’t taking any funding away from mens football.

I really don’t think you can compare women's teams playing at their highest level to league 1 players up here. You wouldn’t argue that league one players in scotland should be earning the same as premier league players. The money you earn is dependent on the level you’re at. The majority of female players outwith the big leagues will be on a lot less than those at a similar level in the mens game.

With regards to prize money thats completely due to the absolute disaster of the SPFL leadership up here. We’re not the best league in the world but we should be bringing in significantly more in TV deals and sponsorships.
League 1 players don’t earn the same as Premier League players because they aren’t as talented. The highest level of the womens game is still miles below the level of League 1 in Scotland so again why should they be paid more?

Better 2nd half for NI but 4-1 was fair. Maybe flattering.

Maybe answers the Vance/Docherty question for us next season. Docherty at LB and Vance as a left-sided midfielder is a decent option.

I still think it’s nuts the women teams are playing on same size pitches with same size goals as the men’s do.

The average height of a wlmen’s goalie is 5’8, in men’s football it’s 6’3.

I think it would offer more competitive games if the sizes of pitches and goals were adapted to suit.

Back