6.30 catering update

Very disappointing. Much less choice and no discernible difference in quality. And all they had was fucking BAKED crisps. Seriously, who the %^*& eats baked crisps.

Being a bit of a grubber I got one of each.
The steak pie was almost passable but not as good as last years (as if that was even possible) and the scotch pie was almost inedible.
My boy had the steak pie even though it was actually a scotch pie he ordered. His was ok. My scotch pie was solid on the bottom, would rather it was soggy and at least I could have bit into the thing!

Should have McDonalds, KFC and Greegs in the stadium. The staff that work up the road could get extra shifts at the stadium on match days. At tleast they would be quick and know what they are doing.
I don't blame the staff tbh as for minimum wage and a zero hours contract I wouldnt be busting a gut

My boy had the steak pie even though it was actually a scotch pie he ordered. His was ok. My scotch pie was solid on the bottom, would rather it was soggy and at least I could have bit into the thing!
Mine was the opposite, the bottom was so soggy I couldn't lift it out the container without it falling apart.
It ended up such a mess that most of it went in the bin!

Last edited:
On tonight’s showing I’d say the club have chosen the caterer that will generate the most profit rather than the one who will provide best quality or service.

Like I said on another thread you give concessions on teething problems.

That tonight was teething problems.

It was actually worse than last season in parts by the looks of it.

Honestly trying to punt hotdogs that have been sitting on the counter and not even in a hot holding cupboard.

Juice that you’d need 2 sugar and milk with.

Pretty embarassing. Be taking a juice for my kid in with me on Saturday rather than that shite

Govan front nothing before game apart from drinks, half-time pies back on. Feckinghell

Went down to get my young lads a drink on 30 minutes. Queued until just before the 3rd goal, around 45 minutes.

Absolute shit show. 2 folk working the kiosk who just weren't all there. I know there someone's weans and I shouldn't be harsh but Ibrox isn't the place for work experience type staff I'm afraid.

Finally got the drinks. No straws left and no lids. Great for a 6 year old.

Depressing as %^*&.

I was in Copland Rear, went down at HT and got a steak pie. Wanted a Fanta but were down to Coke Zero only by that point - pie was decent.

The club don’t give a %^*& about regular fans, that’s evident in the standard of facilities that have been a disgrace for years. Plenty of dough for fancy corporate makeovers but can’t provide decent toilets or food. Shambles
Corporate are getting shafted as well.

Buying water for £2.20 a carton in Scotland. You couldn't make it up.
The concept of paying for drinking water in Scotland remains a mystery to me.
Tap water is every bit as palatable and safe. If there any companies, locations or premises which prohibit entry in possession of a water container, whether empty or not, then they should be obliged to provide water free of charge, in either a closed or open container, or from a water dispenser.
Access to water should never be restricted, so that someone can the sell you the same product at a ridiculously inflated price.
If you are out and about, bring your water bottle home and refill it at home, be eco friendly.
If the tap water in the toilets at Ibrox(or anywhere else in the country) is not safe to drink, then it is being deliberately made so.
Airports are the biggest culprits for this, but you can take an empty bottle through security, and then fill it at a whb, or ask for a pint of water in the bar/ restaurant. Sorted.
Jesus we thoroughly horsed an EPL team tonight, and I'm still having a greet about something.

how hard can it be to supply ice for the fountain drinks? its the cheapest of the cheap way of serving soft drinks and the most profitable yet they cant serve it cold

this isnt just tonight, its been for decades on the concourses

Nothing for the kids like plain hot dogs

Some sort of chorizo dog with salsa, jalapeños etc. quite nice tbf

Choice very limited

No full fat coke, only Coke Zero and daft walkers baked crisps

3/10

I was in about 6.45. The shutters were half open and it wasn’t obvious whether they were serving or not. I ordered a burger and Coke Zero but the card machines weren’t working so I had to wait. Card only with no working card machines; brilliant.

The guy was mortified and couldn’t be more apologetic. A supervisor was called to get the card machines working and said to the guy to get my order ready whilst she was rebooting the machines. The guy placed a cheeseburger inside a tray in front of me and the supervisor says to him “we aren’t serving burgers tonight “ took it away and threw it in the bin. Weird.

I ordered a pie instead and couldn’t hold it without napkins due to the grease on the bottom of the crust.

I only went to the kiosk tonight due to the new caterers thinking it couldn’t be worse. Massive improvement needed already and I’ll eat elsewhere before games.

Nothing for the kids like plain hot dogs

Some sort of chorizo dog with salsa, jalapeños etc. quite nice tbf

Choice very limited

No full fat coke, only Coke Zero and daft walkers baked crisps

3/10
That’s what I found weird. No burgers or normal hotdogs even though they advertise a kids meal deal.

Not many kids are going to want a spicy hot dog with jalapeños and I think most would prefer a hotdog or burger than any kind of pie.

That’s what I found weird. No burgers or normal hotdogs even though they advertise a kids meal deal.

Not many kids are going to want a spicy hot dog with jalapeños and I think most would prefer a hotdog or burger than any kind of pie.
Exactly this mate

My 6 year old son got a packet of crisps and a Coke Zero, that was his lot, nothing else on the menu he would eat

Just arrived at game with 12yr old daughter, and bought 2 hotdogs (no burgers available), 1 dairymilk and 1 small diet coke. £16.50

Please Rangers, if anyone is remotely involved with this side of the business, sort this out before we go any further. This food is inedible. Its properly disgusting.

Historically I never bought the offerings inside the ground and always went to vans outside. However in recent years, and a mix of my lassie wanting grub and me having a sense of wanting to pay into the club, we got a burger from catering in the ground. It was never great, but it filled a hole

This new stuff is so bad. As a support we deserve better and I genuinely am left with a sense of wonder who at the club thinks this downgrade in scran is okay?

Rant over.

Horrible.

Our catering is one huge piss take and has been for years.

It shouldn't be that hard to provide decent food and drink and make a decent profit. Many others do it. Why are we so inept?

It's disgusting. The shit on offer, the prices, and the club not giving a damn about what's served up to the fans.

My boy bought me a steak pie tonight. I thought it was ok to be honest. Never seen what else was on offer and we never had drinks.

I did think the toilets would have had a pleasant new season freshness.....
Wrong. Honking.

Have they done away with the normal hot dogs altogether? The vegan meat probably won't be that different considering hot dogs are barely meat in the first place but that's just a guess. Don't fancy scranning jalapenos at the football though. :))

Trust us to actually make it even worse. Better variety and half decent food surely isn't too much to ask. Folk wanting KFC etc are wild though, imagine sitting eating greasy chicken thighs etc? Just no right. The likes of Greggs would be good but can't see it. Sure Celtic have had a Dominos amongst other things for years. (last time I was there was 2011 right enough)

AAFD51-C8-1-B01-4-BBE-8425-5-C2-A6-E6-DCAB4.jpg

Hot chocolate :oops:

Nevermind that, someone is Rinsing you on Bovril... I Buy it off Amazon 100 servings for under £11....

£2.70 for what costs 12p a shot in a cup twice the size :oops:

Absolutely shocking first impressions.

Was pretty much first in CR tonight. Tried to buy a burger because it was one of two options on the screen that weren't pies. No burgers.

Nacho Hotdog didn't really seem cooked but I'm an animal and it was actually OK. Looked entirely different than what was served up in another stand.

No hot water and one card terminal working. They seemed to sort this by HT.

Finally, some jobsworth manager speaking to the staff like absolute dirt and telling them to make sure nothing is left on counters as fans would steal it. Repeated it a few minutes later about chocolate bars. All in all a poor experience and it's no wonder the club were pushing Black Rooster on Socials pre-match.

Going to go out on a limb here:

The same staff are there from last season
The caterer is trying to minimise costs by not refrigerating drinks or heating food
In short, there isn't really much change
Copland front

I asked for a burger- none
I asked for the hot dog - none
I asked for a steak n gravy pie - none
I settled for a scotch pie - and it was too hot to eat
Fanta and Diet cola was lukewarm

But the big bonus I could buy a match programme from the catering outlet - £5 a pop

This is why I get food before going to games. Its abysmal service and catering.

I got a coke zero at the game and was talking to the lad behind the counter. Asked what the burger was like. He said they went to make them up and realised they didn't have any burgers. Said they weren't worth the money anyways. Some buzz.

Hotdogs also looked garbage.

Mental the club can't get this right
This aspect, which has dragged on for more years than we could care to mention, epitomises the slovenly attitude by the club to fans’ whole match day ‘experience’ (don’t laugh).

From potholed stadium foot print, a POW hut masquerading as a ticket office, and this shit excuse for catering simply oozes complacency, irresponsibility, lack of basic commercial foresight and laziness.

Absolute tinpot stuff from a supposedly big club.

Should have McDonalds, KFC and Greegs in the stadium. The staff that work up the road could get extra shifts at the stadium on match days. At tleast they would be quick and know what they are doing.
I don't blame the staff tbh as for minimum wage and a zero hours contract I wouldnt be busting a gut

Agree with this, just let out to the fast food franchises and get it over with.

At least the service will be rapid and the food half decent.

Last edited:
Back