Official BBC statement on relationship with Rangers

Lol, just lol.

Is this why Dick Gordon has stepped back? I have no intention of ever going back to watching/listening to BBC scotland but I'm sure the angst of the likes of the torn-faced Micky Stewart, Jimmy Ping, etc will be well reported on here via their inevitable snide, sidelong, disparaging comments.

Doesn't address the issue at the core of the dispute.

Until such time as there is proper scrutiny in the recruitment process and the "credentials" of prospective employees, we cannot seriously expect things to change.

The BBC are admitting their own reporters have worked to an anti Rangers agenda! Shouldn't people within BBC Scotland be held accountable for this. They certainly should in my view, and it's not a failure that can be swept under the carpet with an apology.
Anyway, how are the BBC going to afford their coverage? Nobody is paying the licence fee anymore. I trust Rangers will not be giving these scum bags free access.

We played the long game and won.

Showed we will not be bullied and this is a massive victory for us and quite the red face for a behemoth of a corporation.

That statement was not put out lightly and will have been sanctioned from the very top.

No doubt our European exploits had a lot to do with it as well.
This is the comment. This is it in a nutshell.

Just lock the thread now as no other comments will do.

We played the long game and won. Simple as that.

That’ll hurt them to even admit bias for a start, and the fact that they’ve had to come grovelling, begging on their rotten knees to us asking for forgiveness just so they can get a piece of the pie.

Rangers are the ONLY draw in town ffs. They’ve started to see it.

Quite the apology after spending years claiming we were just at it. Likely missing out on the European run last season was the straw that broke the camels back to someone higher up in the BBC.

Too little too late for me. Won't be long until they start their pish again. It's what happens with the people that they employ.

They should also apologise to every fan who raised concerns and received a response basically saying nothing to see here. No one wants them to be pandering to us but Rangers should be right on their case and if things don’t change significantly they should push for heads to roll. They don’t have a leg to stand on with the admission they were biased against us

This has been on the cards for a number of years now, in fact it would have happened about 2 years ago if they didn't have another one of their editorial fùck ups.

Salford will have played a big part in this.

Great news, we should be getting full coverage on the national broadcaster. When did this start, I can't even remember, 5 years ago?

At long last. I have complained a few times to them and an agreement is good for both parties.

There are a lot of older Rangers Supporters who still use the radio (or wireless ) and want to see our players and management interviewed on BBC Television.

So do I.

It has gone on far too long.

Lol, just lol.

Is this why Dick Gordon has stepped back? I have no intention of ever going back to watching/listening to BBC scotland but I'm sure the angst of the likes of the torn-faced Micky Stewart, Jimmy Ping, etc will be well reported on here via their inevitable snide, sidelong, disparaging comments.

No, he’s only stopped doing Saturdays as he’s taken on a new role.

Well I officially gave my licence up last year and still will never pay it, unless forced to, like all of the Biased Bigoted Corrupt anywhere in the UK,I've been at war with them and the Herald since 2006,the BBC in the UK treat everyone as if they are fkn stupid,like the last 2 days of weather,their "Death is at your door"news piece and also Tuesdays the England womens team not being diverse,but publishing their 11 best paid experts,potato head big ears lineker( £1.3million pounds)top of the list,and everyone of them white the hypocrisy of this institution is disgusting and if you think I'm being harsh go and investigate BBC STUDIOS,if you do t stop your license after reading about it then you are fkn stupid!As for the above me thinks it's a little too late for me anyway, rant over!

Wonder who will be the first prick to overstep the mark with lies or bias against us

Stewart, English, McLaughlin (again), McLeod, McFadyen, ??

I will never trust them or respect the BBC

They are a vile organisation and their mask will slip. It’s just a matter of time and who does it

This absolutely confirms what the Club and the Rangers supporters have been saying about the anti-Rangers bias of the BBC. Well done to the Rangers board for sticking their guns over this.

I wonder what brought about the change of heart from the BBC? Instructions from London, Rangers European run and the BBC not being able to report on it properly, not broadcasting our managers post match interviews; who knows.

It’ll be interesting to see how long this lasts bearing in mind that we have been here before and it wasn’t long before they reverted to type. In any case I’ll treat anything from BBC Scotland with considerable skepticism.

Back