Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Valley Bluenose

Sorry i seem to keep pestering you

Im in Gran Canaria now with a bunch of bears

I bought the 3 match friendly package and it's showing as subscripton paid

but when i sign in on this link

I cant and couldn't watch the full game highlights of westham, the highlights show subscription only or "videos comng soon" on the last 2 friendly's. I tried like you suggested at after midnight and the Hammers game never appeared i tried all day the next day and still no sign, i had to watch a 5 minute highlights on youtube from some west ham channel very frustrating

im not using a vpn im genuinely in the canaries something just doesn't seem right

were in the bar waiting on he game god only hope it works

i cant see anything at all ive done wrong and undermy trv profile the 3 game package is showing as paid

Very Strange!
Ah, I think I might have misunderstood your earlier posts mate. The video packages - highlights, full games etc - are only available to subscribers. When you buy live streams of matches then that's all you get unless its one of the 3 Day Unlimited Packages that they tend to do throughout the season proper. If you bought the pre-season package you will only get the games. If you also have a subscription of any sort then they should be visible under the Latest Videos Section. Sorry if I confused things. I was sure you had a subscription.

You will get the live stream of todays game though if you paid, never fear.

@ScrabsterLoyal you bets note this as well in case I've assumed you have a subscription as well.

Last edited:
@Valley Bluenose

Sorry i seem to keep pestering you

Im in Gran Canaria now with a bunch of bears

I bought the 3 match friendly package and it's showing as subscripton paid

but when i sign in on this link

I cant and couldn't watch the full game highlights of westham, the highlights show subscription only or "videos comng soon" on the last 2 friendly's. I tried like you suggested at after midnight and the Hammers game never appeared i tried all day the next day and still no sign, i had to watch a 5 minute highlights on youtube from some west ham channel very frustrating

im not using a vpn im genuinely in the canaries something just doesn't seem right

were in the bar waiting on he game god only hope it works

i cant see anything at all ive done wrong and undermy trv profile the 3 game package is showing as paid

Very Strange!
Just checked here and none if the friendlies are showing for me either, just the video coming soon message.

The spurs game should come on fine for you though, just check half hour/ 45 min before kick off

Just checked here and none if the friendlies are showing for me either, just the video coming soon message.

The spurs game should come on fine for you though, just check half hour/ 45 min before kick off
See my post above. If all you bought was the pre-season games, and you don't have a subscription, then you won't have access to the other video footage of highlights, full match re-run etc. All you bought was the live stream. That's it.

Ah, I think I might have misunderstood your earlier posts mate. The video packages - highlights, full games etc - are only available to subscribers. When you buy live streams of matches then that's all you get unless its one of the 3 Day Unlimited Packages that they tend to do throughout the season proper. If you bought the pre-season package you will only get the games. If you also have a subscription of any sort then they should be visible under the Latest Videos Section. Sorry if I confused things. I was sure you had a subscription.

You will get the live stream of todays game though if you paid, never fear.

@ScrabsterLoyal you bets note this as well in case I've assumed you have a subscription as well.
Your a gentlaman Thanks very much i understand now, having a season ticket i dont subscribe to RTV only for the one off home games i cant attend

Got 6 burley Glaswegian's all relying on me so no pressure!

Thanks again Anxiety levels gone :)

Presume nobody has the Watch Live yet.

It appeared 45 mins before the programme on Wednesday but must be later today.

I always panic about it!

Your a gentlaman Thanks very much i understand now, having a season ticket i dont subscribe to RTV only for the one off home games i cant attend

Got 6 burley Glaswegian's all relying on me so no pressure!

Thanks again Anxiety levels gone :)
Presume nobody has the Watch Live yet.

It appeared 45 mins before the programme on Wednesday but must be later today.

I always panic about it!
Watch Live button now active on RangersTV. Coverage starts at 1430hrs.

Can’t help you with the casting mate as I’ve no idea on that.

For videos, they DO still do them. They are all there. Sounds to me like you are clicking on the link for each match where they previously put all the pre-match interviews, full match, highlights, and post-match interviews. Don’t. For anything at all on RangersTV the simple, easy option is to scroll down to the section headed Latest Videos. If necessary click in the worlds All videos on the right to expand it. That way, you will find all videos listed in upload order. All the highlights, full matches, goals, interviews, Away Days, Inside Ibrox are all there in all their glory. All in the order they were uploaded.
Thanks for this VB. I see them all now indeed. I was, as you say, clicking on the matches section as that was where I was used to finding the videos. That's one problem solved by yourself once more. Thanks a lot.

A question that frequently comes up is how you get the discounted RangersTV sub as a MyGers Member. It does say in the FAQ that details will be given in your MyGers welcome email. Note this is for new annual Standard (£60) subs only.

For clarity @Gers55 posted the following screenshots in another thread. Firstly of the details in the welcome email and secondly of the page it takes you to when you click on ‘here’ in the final paragraph as instructed in the welcome email:

Last edited:
When I try to play back the highlights of games on my laptop I am unable to scroll down to get a full screen and therefore end up only seeing the top half of the screen. Does anyone else experience this problem or is it likely to be one caused by the settings on my laptop?

When I try to play back the highlights of games on my laptop I am unable to scroll down to get a full screen and therefore end up only seeing the top half of the screen. Does anyone else experience this problem or is it likely to be one caused by the settings on my laptop?
Only place I’ve seen that reported is folk using a Fire TV Stick. Are you using a Chromebook, for example, or a device with a weird resolution?

Only place I’ve seen that reported is folk using a Fire TV Stick. Are you using a Chromebook, for example, or a device with a weird resolution?
No I'm using an HP laptop. I just checked it on the Toshiba laptop of my wife with the same result, ie only the top half of the screen is visible and scroll bar buttons don't work. I'm not sure about the resolution being weird but it may well be something like that. I have 1366 x 768, which is recommended.

Last edited:
I am having trouble casting live games from my mobile app to the TV. It comes up and in seconds I get a casing sign with ready for casting. Any ideas? It is with a google domgle.

No I'm using an HP laptop. I just checked it on the Toshiba laptop of my wife with the same result, ie only the top half of the screen is visible and scroll bar buttons don't work. I'm not sure about the resolution being weird but it may well be something like that. I have 1366 x 768, which is recommended.
I occasionally use a HP Laptop myself mate, with no issues at all. Resolution on mine is 1920x1080 right enough. Not sure that would impact on use of scroll bar right enough.

Visiting son at moment so just fired it up to check. Absolutely fine using Edge browser for me. The ‘white bar of death’ symptom is something I’ve only seen reported on Fire TV Stick and, I think, once on a Chromebook tbh. Maybe try using Edge browser if not already using it. I scroll using the roller button on my mouse (forgot to try using the touch bar but will give that a go tomorrow).

Make sure laptop is fully updated as well, obviously.

Last edited:
I am having trouble casting live games from my mobile app to the TV. It comes up and in seconds I get a casing sign with ready for casting. Any ideas? It is with a google domgle.
Is the phone/tablet Apple device? I’m not sure you can cast from an Apple device to a Chromecast these days. If it’s an Android device it should work though. Alternatively ditch the woeful App and try casting via the website. Could always try screen mirroring a Chrome tab using Google Home. Google for instructions.

Have to say casting isn’t my thing though so probably not much help.

Last edited:
Is the phone/tablet Apple device? I’m not sure you can cast from an Apple device to a Chromecast these days. If it’s an Android device it should work though. Alternatively ditch the woeful App and try casting via the website. Could always try screen mirroring a Chrome tab using Google Home. Google for instructions.

Have to say casting isn’t my thing though so probably not much help.
Yes, it is a Samsung android smartphone with a Google(is it called a dongle?) and using Google home. It worked perfect last season but having trouble this season. I can try mirroring from the phone.Thanks.

Yes, it is a Samsung android smartphone with a Google(is it called a dongle?) and using Google home. It worked perfect last season but having trouble this season. I can try mirroring from the phone.Thanks.
One last thought mate. Is it a Samsung TV? If so then post #1508 may be of relevance. Outside chance as that relates more to using TV browser rather than a Chromecast ( assuming that’s what you mean by dongle) but you never know.

I occasionally use a HP Laptop myself mate, with no issues at all. Resolution on mine is 1920x1080 right enough. Not sure that would impact on use of scroll bar right enough.

Visiting son at moment so just fired it up to check. Absolutely fine using Edge browser for me. The ‘white bar of death’ symptom is something I’ve only seen reported on Fire TV Stick and, I think, once on a Chromebook tbh. Maybe try using Edge browser if not already using it. I scroll using the roller button on my mouse (forgot to try using the touch bar but will give that a go tomorrow).

Make sure laptop is fully updated as well, obviously.
It really was that simple VB. The scroll bar doesn't work but using the cursor keys to scroll down does. I'm embarrassed that I hadn't thought of this myself but I suppose senility must be setting in:)):)):)). Thanks once more for your help VB. You're our El SalvadorB-D

Anyone else have issues with todays game (using a VPN)?
My picture froze a few times and had the message “not currently broadcasting” on the app a couple of times.
Ended up having to watch on Sky :mad:

My picture froze a few times and had the message “not currently broadcasting” on the app a couple of times.

Which VPN did you use? I couldn't get connected with one of my servers, but just tried another and it worked (Surfshark).

Which VPN did you use? I couldn't get connected with one of my servers, but just tried another and it worked (Surfshark).

Nord.
I started off in Netherlands then changed to Belgium but met with same problems.
I forgot to reset my broadband overnight, haven’t done that since last season so they may be the reason.

I was using NordVPN today and visited Netherlands also. I’m away visiting our son today so it was on laptop rather than my normal desktop setup but I had no issues at all. In fact I hooked it up to his tv and it was probably the best stream I’ve had. Only 35Mbps broadband as well. Surprised me.

That was via website though, I wouldn’t touch the App with a bargepole.

Reactions: BWO
Is the USG game on RTV next week if I’m on holiday ;)
Available to buy now for those overseas or with a VPN to appear overseas.

A wee word of warning though for anybody else. When I switched on my VPN on the desktop and went to check, the USG game was there first time. When I went to check on iPad, I had to switch between three different servers in The Netherlands before it showed. Might be something on mobile devices, might not. If you run into problems, try a different country/server. Been a couple of reports of issues like that in the last week.

Remember, click on the Subscribe button BEFORE logging in if you are trying to purchase. The buying process will take you through login.

Last edited:
Can RTV and Nord both function on a firestick for watching rtv games without having to use the laptop?
Yes mate. I’ve not tried it for a while as I seldom use my Fire TV Stick, but it did work. At least for live matches. Videos via the Fire TV Stick is much more complex. Best bet is to try and fire it up maybe 45 minutes before kick-off to make sure you are good. Have the laptop on standby just in case if fails.

One thing to be aware of, the VPN will slow down your broadband so you’d need to have a good strong Wi-Fi signal to the Fire TV Stick in the first place.

All that said, I always maintain the laptop/HDMI option is the best means to get it onto a tv screen.

Yes mate. I’ve not tried it for a while as I seldom use my Fire TV Stick, but it did work. At least for live matches. Videos via the Fire TV Stick is much more complex. Best bet is to try and fire it up maybe 45 minutes before kick-off to make sure you are good. Have the laptop on standby just in case if fails.

One thing to be aware of, the VPN will slow down your broadband so you’d need to have a good strong Wi-Fi signal to the Fire TV Stick in the first place.

All that said, I always maintain the laptop/HDMI option is the best means to get it onto a tv screen.
I've always casted from the laptop but thinking about a firestick.

I've always casted from the laptop but thinking about a firestick.
Honestly mate, connect laptop to tv via an HDMI cable and it will be the best - and cheapest - option. No faff with casting problems, no messing around with the Firestick. Messy, I agree, but it will be the best picture you will get.

Can RTV and Nord both function on a firestick for watching rtv games without having to use the laptop?

I don't use it for RTV as I am abroad, but I have NordVPN on my Firestick. I connect it to the UK then go to the Amazon browser and I can watch iPlayer and ITV player content no bother. I would guess it's as easy as doing that for RTV by connecting to any country outside the UK.

Usual few threads starting asking if the game tonight is on RangersTV, how to buy it etc.

Yes, the game is on. For those overseas.

Confirmation of that and advice on how to buy it is in the OP of this thread. This thread also gets linked in the OP of every Match Thread started by @DocStone so, even if you are too lazy to bookmark it, you will find it in the OP of every match thread. It’s not complicated to remember that much surely and spare us all the new threads - every bloody game.:rolleyes::)

Only other thing to remember, as the OP advises, do NOT login before trying to purchase the game. The buying process will take you through login.

Usual few threads starting asking if the game tonight is on RangersTV, how to buy it etc.

Yes, the game is on. For those overseas.

Confirmation of that and advice on how to buy it is in the OP of this thread. This thread also gets linked in the OP of every Match Thread started by @DocStone so, even if you are too lazy to bookmark it, you will find it in the OP of every match thread. It’s not complicated to remember that much surely and spare us all the new threads - every bloody game.:rolleyes::)

Only other thing to remember, as the OP advises, do NOT login before trying to purchase the game. The buying process will take you through login.
Hi in holiday in Spain but rangers tv thinks I am still in the UK. Do you know how solve that?

Hi in holiday in Spain but rangers tv thinks I am still in the UK. Do you know how solve that?
This has come up a few times recently. I'm guessing you are on a mobile device or using a mobile device as a hotspot? Quite often the mobile device 'hangs onto' the UK mobile data even though you might be using their partner network overseas.

Couple of things to try. Switching off mobile data and connecting via local/hotel wifi will almost certainly solve the problem.

Alternatively, try clearing cache/cookies and trying again - though I'm not optimistic that will work.

A combination of both - clear cache/cookies and switch to wifi - might be necessary.

Also, just in case it applies - make sure you are NOT logged in when trying to buy the game.

Good Luck.

This has come up a few times recently. I'm guessing you are on a mobile device or using a mobile device as a hotspot? Quite often the mobile device 'hangs onto' the UK mobile data even though you might be using their partner network overseas.

Couple of things to try. Switching off mobile data and connecting via local/hotel wifi will almost certainly solve the problem.

Alternatively, try clearing cache/cookies and trying again - though I'm not optimistic that will work.

A combination of both - clear cache/cookies and switch to wifi - might be necessary.

Also, just in case it applies - make sure you are NOT logged in when trying to buy the game.

Good Luck.
Both my MacBook and phone have same problem

Both my MacBook and phone have same problem
On wifi? No hotspot involved? If that's the case then I'm stumped mate. I did encounter a problem yesterday when using my VPN and had to try three different servers in The Netherlands to get it to register.

Did you try clearing cache/cookies? Also, I know on Windows there is a setting to change your region/location automatically but don't know if that applies on Mac.

One wee gotcha for overseas bears to be aware of: tonight's game is not available live on RTV in UK, Ireland, Belgium, USA, Australia, Hong Kong or Macau.

So for myself, looks like I'll need to pop over to NZ.

Have managed to purchase game through RTV using VPN in Cyprus for tonight. I do have premier sports but their app seems to not only geoblock but detect a vpn also, is there no way round this?

One wee gotcha for overseas bears to be aware of: tonight's game is not available live on RTV in UK, Ireland, Belgium, USA, Australia, Hong Kong or Macau.

So for myself, looks like I'll need to pop over to NZ.
Thanks for that. I missed the Clubs news release. I expected it to be unavailable in UK, Republic of Ireland and Belgium but those other countries are a new one on me.

Rights restrictions mean the match is unavailable if you are connecting from the UK, Ireland, Belgium, United States, Australia, Hong Kong or Macau.

Have managed to purchase game through RTV using VPN in Cyprus for tonight. I do have premier sports but their app seems to not only geoblock but detect a vpn also, is there no way round this?
I'm puzzled. If you are in Cyprus why would you need a VPN for RangersTV (unless its the old problem of connecting via mobile data and your device 'hanging on' to the UK)? Connecting via wifi (switch off mobile data), without a VPN, should be fine. Clear cache/cookies might help as well.

Can't help you on the Premier question.

Available to buy now for those overseas or with a VPN to appear overseas.

A wee word of warning though for anybody else. When I switched on my VPN on the desktop and went to check, the USG game was there first time. When I went to check on iPad, I had to switch between three different servers in The Netherlands before it showed. Might be something on mobile devices, might not. If you run into problems, try a different country/server. Been a couple of reports of issues like that in the last week.

Remember, click on the Subscribe button BEFORE logging in if you are trying to purchase. The buying process will take you through login.

I’ve had this issue a few times over the last couple of years. As you said, a change of location sorts it. I just assumed it must be a rights issue in my first location.

I'm puzzled. If you are in Cyprus why would you need a VPN for RangersTV (unless its the old problem of connecting via mobile data and your device 'hanging on' to the UK)? Connecting via wifi (switch off mobile data), without a VPN, should be fine. Clear cache/cookies might help as well.

Can't help you on the Premier question.
Yeh can't get it to work through mobile data, seen your other posts saying WiFi should be fine and it is.
Didn't actually realise the game was on RTV tonight so had been fannying about trying to get Premier, sorted now though with RTV cheers.

I’ve had this issue a few times over the last couple of years. As you said, a change of location sorts it. I just assumed it must be a rights issue in my first location.
Noticed the club news item for the match had some unusual places where you won't get it on RangersTV. I expected UK, Republic of Ireland and Belgium to be ruled out but there's some other important ones for this match as well. France, Germany or The Netherlands look best options for those on VPN tonight:

Rights restrictions mean the match is unavailable if you are connecting from the UK, Ireland, Belgium, United States, Australia, Hong Kong or Macau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back