The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it mental that not only have we failed to replace the number 1 spot but we've yet to add a midfielder.

I'd sell Kamara just to fund that midfielder we so badly require. We are in trouble if Lundstram picks up a knock. You aren't getting 50 games out of Ryan Jack.
I agree but why do we need to sell Kamara? We’ve only spent a fraction of what we have brought in on transfer fees. There must be money available for a quality CAM for around £5/6 mill.

Denis Bouanga?

Record reporting we've approached him about a transfer.

Left winger

Denis Bouanga is a fantastic player. We've clearly been looking at Ligue 1 if there is genuine interest given he will be the third player linked this summer.

Plays anywhere across the front three, not just left wing. Very similar to Ryan Kent but more clinical. Extremely hard working off the ball, again, similar to Kent. Great delivery.

Go and get him. Really talented player, strong too.

He does look decent but what YouTube clip doesn’t I suppose. Age would be a concern and AFCON again as he is Gabonese.

28 in two months. Why do we need another winger when we have them coming out of our ears? The daily record know nothing mate.
Do we though?

Kent - brilliant but injured the other evening
Matondo - unknown as yet, looked a good buy.
Wright - not fully reliable
Sakala - manager doesn’t rate and he wants to play as striker

It was baffling and I didn't want to see Mcgregor stay but it's done now and we need to move on accept the decision Gio has made. There's no point continually going on about needing another keeper because it's not going to happen as we aren't carrying 4 goalkeepers in the squad.

Obviously before we sold Aribo and Bassey Gio's had a budget and decided against using it to get a keeper. I don't quite buy the Mcgregor cost us the league theory that gets thrown about on here yeah he made costly mistakes but mistakes he made in games we also missed a load of chances in them or the spell after January was purely on how Gio approached games tactically it was a mix of things.
McGregor is done, I love the guy, but that's the truth of it.

My post was made in context of what sheddensbear posted nothing more.

I find it mental that not only have we failed to replace the number 1 spot but we've yet to add a midfielder.

I'd sell Kamara just to fund that midfielder we so badly require. We are in trouble if Lundstram picks up a knock. You aren't getting 50 games out of Ryan Jack.
I’d sell Kamara. We’ve seen the best of him. Punt him and sign a CAM.

I’d sell Kamara. We’ve seen the best of him. Punt him and sign a CAM.

Why would we sign another central attacking midfielder when we have Tillman, Lawrence and Lowry coming back too? We also have Arfield who can play there.

If Kamara was sold it would be a more creative central midfielder we'd need, it could be argued we need that now.

We tried “in vain” apparently. I don’t know, the Sakala situation is strange. Wild that we didn’t bring him on on Tuesday. I know his weaknesses but he’s one of the few who know where the goal is when Morelos and Roofe are out and the new signings are toiling. Maybe there’s something happening there.

I love how any player over the age of 25 is now ancient on FF.

It's a weird take.

Players in football are still considered young and developing until the age of 23 these days.

Prime years are 25-28.

Getting a player in those prime years shouldn't be considered a bad thing.

Don't think we need a CAM - Tillman, Lawrence, Lowry and Hagi can all play there. I'd look to sell Kamara and use the funds to buy a quality box to box number 8.
Everyone lost their minds wanting to sell Kamara but keep an injury prone Ryan Jack who looks like he’s towing a caravan when we he plays?

Why not keep Kamara and play him in his best position and use some of the £20million net profit from our transfers this window to buy a quality box to box player?

It's a weird take.

Players in football are still considered young and developing until the age of 23 these days.

Prime years are 25-28.

Getting a player in those prime years shouldn't be considered a bad thing.

Anyone 23 or under is seen as a project on here and some don't want that either.

Agree with this.

Ludicrous criticism of Colak who has had nothing in terms of service in his two matches. He looks sharper than some others to me and will come good.

Goalkeeper wise that’s my speciality my son is a GK I played at a low level myself there and McGregor is a legend in my eyes.

McLaughlin is a fine keeper but really we should be using whatever funds we have to invest in a young , quality sweeper keeper that upholds the tradition of our great goalies if they past 40 years. It’s always been a position we have mastered and reaped the benefits of while the yahoos seem to have struggled in.

When I say young anyone around 30 or under. Fulham just signed 6ft 3 Germany international GK Leno today for £3 mill plus addons. Why couldn’t that have been us?

We also need an attacking midfielder anyone with even one eye can see it. The boy from stuaue Bucharest looks the part. £5 million. Let’s pay it and get him in.
Leno would have been on 80-100k at Arsenal easy

I’m mcgregors biggest fan as I’ve said on here numerous times. But I didn’t agree with him getting a new deal.

We should have prioritised a new modern sweeper keeper.

The Irony is here that of you combined mcgregors incredible shot stopping skills with McLaughlins height and long arms for catching crosses, we would have the worlds best keeper.

Unfortunately we have stood still though and McGregor is cover and we just need to back big McLaughlin.
I think if McGregor didn’t sign we’d have went for the GK at Schalke that was a bit of a bombscare by all accounts.
I don’t think we’ve ever really been ready to spend serious money on a key position. Bizarre

Everyone lost their minds wanting to sell Kamara but keep an injury prone Ryan Jack who looks like he’s towing a caravan when we he plays?

Why not keep Kamara and play him in his best position and use some of the £20million net profit from our transfers this window to buy a quality box to box player?
Jack isn’t fit whether he will ever be fully fit again we will never know.
We need a ball carrying midfield player we have too many same type, Lundstram, Kamara, Jack and Davis. I would keep Kamara as well, if he wants to stay, move Jack on if possible then buy a decent ball carrier.

The difference is you can’t sell Jack for the money you can Kamara. Kamara was and is a great footballer and fitted Gerrard’s system well. But is he more of a possession based type player when we need different skills now in midfield?

Everyone and their dug knew McLaughlin was never a number 1.

Both he and McGregor in an ideal world wouldn’t be in goals for us this season, it is what it is. We’ve decided further up field was the priority which is fair enough.

maybe the sufficient quality we require for a 1 wasn’t available this summer.
Not according to this thread they didn’t

We will get 50 games out of Davis and Jack though. Can’t see any movement in those midfield positions. Sakala is either trusted or he’s not and therefore will need to depart and free us up for another attacker or wide player

The difference is you can’t sell Jack for the money you can Kamara. Kamara was and is a great footballer and fitted Gerrard’s system well. But is he more of a possession based type player when we need different skills now in midfield?
Why do we need to sell a player to buy one is my point? We must still have funds sitting . We’ve made £20 million net profit this window from transfers

There were plenty people wanting McGregor to retire with a new number 1 brought in. It was even talked about last season.

Nope, the vast majority on here, and I mean vast, rightly wanted McLaughlin to be given the chance as number 1.

But hey ho, we've had a bad result so the Hindsight knicker wetting brigade are out in force until Saturday.

Is the boy kieron Wright not supposed to be the best gk we've had come up thriugh the system since Mcgregor? If we aren't planing on signing a gk then I'd be more than happy to give him a run in the team because he can't really be any worse than we have atm.

I also think lowry and Mccann can help with midfield problem. Lowry looks brilliant at finding the right passes and through balls and Mccann is great at driving forward on the counter and can fair strike a ball 1.

It would be massive for us if we could bed the 3 players into the first team squad. We now have a strong squad and we need to start bringing through our own youth players especially when we spend so much money and are regarded as one of the best set ups in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back