Dundee Hibs in the Netherlands

Well, that was horrific.

If anything for me it’s a sobering moment. Regardless of whether we make the EL or the conference, there’s going to be at least 1 team in every group capable of doing that to us as well. This just shows the difference between Rangers, to a lesser extent Celtic, and the rest of our league when it comes to European football.

Just to clarify, Rangers have proven they absolutely can compete with the majority in Europe. Celtic have at least consistently played group games although suffered several embarrassments the last 10 years.

The rest of us have served up nothing but utter dross.

Well, that was horrific.

If anything for me it’s a sobering moment. Regardless of whether we make the EL or the conference, there’s going to be at least 1 team in every group capable of doing that to us as well. This just shows the difference between Rangers, to a lesser extent Celtic, and the rest of our league when it comes to European football.

Just to clarify, Rangers have proven they absolutely can compete with the majority in Europe. Celtic have at least consistently played group games although suffered several embarrassments the last 10 years.

Mate, Celtic have served up F all. Why we give these oxygen thiefs credence is beyond me.

Well, that was horrific.

I have high hopes for Hearts.
I say this out of respect for the Hearts support of a previous generation.

paddling.gif

Well, that was horrific.

Have you got an EL qualifier to play? If so, when and who against?

Shame. Obviously if it was some scummy, shitehouse club that took every opportunity to kick us when we were down I'd say something about karma. But I'm not going to do that, I'm just going to say "unlucky". I'm sure you'll do better next time you're in Europe. Really, I am.

They'll take a few more hidings this season id they play like that. I hope we got for the jugular against them because you know Celtic will be going for double figures and will likely get it.

I know that many of our supporters regard this as a giruy moment for the Arabs but I think that what has happened to them tonight and Motherwell two weeks ago is an acute embarrassment for Scottish football - and don't forget we dropped a total of nine poìnts to them last season.
We also got to a European Cup final. The Arabs have just lost 7 goals going on 11 or 12 and motherwell have been butt fucked by a team that league one falkirk eliminated from the biscuit Cup a couple of years ago. Levels.

Mate, Celtic have served up F all. Why we give these oxygen thiefs credence is beyond me.
I completely agree my man but I can’t fire them into the same tier of shite as Dundee United, Hobos, Motherwell, Aberdeen, us (Birkirkara last time outo_O) as they have at least progressed through a group or two in that time. Can’t win a knockout tie though.

The health of the coefficient has lain solely on the shoulders of Rangers and any media trying to suggest otherwise are of a certain persuasion.

I have high hopes for Hearts.
I say this out of respect for the Hearts support of a previous generation.
I can appreciate the sentiment there mate.

I’m expecting us to give Zurich a game but I think they will probably have a bit too much for us. Hoping for a few good performances at Tynie in the conference though!

For what it’s worth at this point I’m backing Rangers to get past PSV, of course. I think that will probably be going down to the last 20 minutes of the second leg before it’s settled but I saw signs of quality on Tuesday night. Van Bronckhorst has the tactical nous in Europe.

I can appreciate the sentiment there mate.

I’m expecting us to give Zurich a game but I think they will probably have a bit too much for us. Hoping for a few good performances at Tynie in the conference though!

For what it’s worth at this point I’m backing Rangers to get past PSV, of course. I think that will probably be going down to the last 20 minutes of the second leg before it’s settled but I saw signs of quality on Tuesday night. Van Bronckhorst has the tactical nous in Europe.
I grew up when Hearts supporters had a team that was capable of stuffing Rangers on occasion with some very fine players.
However, there was a respect that evolved from a sporting rivalry that was healthy.

I have to admit I find it difficult to hold that same respect nowadays when I witnessed so many of the modern generation wanting Rangers to simply cease existing.

But if there is one club in Scotland, I will always find it difficult to hold in the same contempt I have learned to hold the rest, it is Hearts.
So I will be watching and supporting them through their games against the Swiss team.

Zurich mate. They beat Linfield 5-0 on aggregate tonight.

Play them away next Thursday then home leg the following week. Maybe that gives us a bit of hope but we can’t collapse in Switzerland or it’ll be curtains already.

You confident over the 2 legs?

Maybe Conference League groups would be an easier introduction to 6 European games in as many weeks.

Still be a decent earner for you

First time I've watched bbc Scotland in years and they're an absolute tinpot organisation, how they've managed to become so bad is incredible, they only seem to be good at finding bigots to work in it, absolutely brutal to watch.

Steven Thompson deserves an Oscar for his Sportscene sign-off, a solemn nation grieves, but you just know that he knows, the country has erupted in a volcano of mirth.

He'll get a fish supper from the Karma Kafe the next time he's up in Peh City.

Well, that was horrific.

Mate i think its safe to say Hearts are miles better than Dundee U so i would be amazed if you got a 6 or 7 goal drubbing like they did tonight . Best of luck for next week though ,wont be easy but Zurich are beatable - they wont fancy a packed Tynecastle in a fortnight if the tie is all to play for

Back