The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye wait and i'll go and search my posts and come back and see if you class it positive or not lol.

And i take it you're taking us not strengthening today (possibly) as a positive.
Don't change the subject.

You are an agitator. I have had "discussions" on here with you before. I really doubt you are one of us.

And of course not signing someone else today is not a positive.
But that was not what our original discussion was about, was it?

Like I said. You are at it!

We have a squad of 30 players. I’m not having this debate again.
I think it’s posted a number of times but this is a huge gamble from the board by not at least covering the injuries for a year at least.

We have a squad of 30 with 6-8 who will not play until next year leaving us a squad of 22-24 players who will be at a much higher level twice a week.

If the plan is to use Ure, Devine and Nsio as back up in worst case situations then fair enough, we can’t moan about not giving youth a chance and then demand a journeyman to block their path into the first team.

My biggest gripe or moan, which probably is caused by being treated to the likes of Gaza, Laudrup, Kanchelskis and the likes when we were in the champions league - was that we would have pushed the boat out for someone for us all to go YES.

That’s my reason for being unhappy

Ah well, bed time.

Had hoped we added one quality player but we haven’t, so tough titty.

Overall we still have a great squad and we’ll show it when we pump these rat bàstards on Saturday.

If we can’t afford players with our income these past eight months then we never will.

Hardly comparable with David Murray’s reckless era!
Over 40 million in upfront fees with more guaranteed add ons to come since the Gerrard compensation last November.
That's before you add in Europe. But remember the hedge or something.

Some of that squad are kids .. some of that squad won't be at Rangers next season ie Davis possibly jack, Kent alfredo, arfield mcgregor, we should ve building on the success of getting within a whisker of winning the europa but we have stalled, we have a gk as not that is untested at european level..
Erm didn’t he play a massive part in getting us into the champions league? Or did I miss his heroic saves in Eindhoven

Clearly firing in a strikers name with no foundation knowing we already have 4 strikers going nowhere. You decide which is the more bizarre behaviour
A previously linked striker available on a free. We have 3 first team strikers I’m not sure where you’re getting 4 from. We have Colak who’s fit and firing, Morelos who’s fighting to keep a place in the squad and only has 12 months left on his deal and Roofe who is regularly injured and we have no idea when he’ll be fit. I’d also be seeing Roofe as more of a right winger/attacker if he can maintain some fitness this season.

Having 3 fit and reliable strikers is completely normal for us and other clubs.

The only “kids” in that number are King, Devine, McCann and Lowry, and they’re all full members of the 1st team squad.

Out 1st team squad size is ridiculous.
31 players if i’m not mistaken.
Including guys like Kieran Wright and Ofoborh who’ll likely not kick a ball for us.
Celtic have 28 in their first team.
So it’s not THAT out of control

Don't change the subject.

You are an agitator. I have had "discussions" on here with you before. I really doubt you are one of us.

And of course not signing someone else today is not a positive.
But that was not what our original discussion was about, was it?

Like I said. You are at it!
First of all you'll not be telling me or anyone else what to do or don't do.

Secondly you couldn't be more wrong.

And finally i'm not wasting any more time on a paranoid wreck and his faux positivity so you crack on.

31 players if i’m not mistaken.
Including guys like Kieran Wright and Ofoborh who’ll likely not kick a ball for us.
Celtic have 28 in their first team.
So it’s not THAT out of control

Posted it above, mate.

Wright is not included, but Ofoborh is.

Only because he was signed as a 1st team squad player and is paid wages accordingly.

All this talk about Souttar was great last season.
True, but that was on the right hand side of Hearts back 3.
Sometimes 4.
In other words…Goldson’s position.

He played 2-3 friendlies so far, beside Goldson on the left side.
Looked extremely uncomfortable, and I think it’s fair to say, didn’t exactly pull up any trees!

Now he’s returned to being injured, again, and when he does get fit, he will have to learn how to play on the left side.To get any minutes.
Unless he covers for Tavernier he picks up a injury.

But we have Davies?
Yes.Another player who didn’t kick a ball in earnest after he was a p@nick buy by Klopp.

So how long are we going to have to wait for him to get fit?

Also we have been so fortunate that some of our back line didn’t pick up serious injury, after all the added games in Europe last season.

They are also another year older, and to just expect them to play 99% of the games, plus Europe, is either extremely optimistic, or foolhardy.
Possibly both. To exp3ct these guys to play that number of games again, is pushing it.In my opinion.

And as they are all the nucleus of our side…lucky 7 anyone?
Well said short sighted penny pinching by a regime that I personally believe have “run their race” will gift wrap the title to the fat Aussie and see us in deep trouble in the CL. Gee thanks I’m so grateful, they need to understand that we are Rangers not Hertz or the sheep.

But they still require to get paid their salary.
So we need to be sensible on our finances as well.
We are doing well moving players out in my opinion.

Are we? Bassey was a good deal but Aribo's deal depending on what the addons are looks a poor deal in my opinion. Now we have 2 prized assets in the last 12 months of their contract, 1 happy and the other we have just alienated. 1 will potentially sign a new contract the other definitely won't.

Only fairweather fans join the transfer deadline day thread before 11pm. Got a pop up on the Facebook that it was 13 years ago we welcomed exciting champy prospect (in real life absolutely sh1te) Jerome Rothen. Still remember that deadline day thread erupting!

I’ve said earlier in the thread I thought we needed a midfielder and a RW, I have no control over that however and won’t work myself into a rage about it.
Yeah so we’re short - a decision has been made with that in mind if you, I and everyone else knows it. There’s no immediate FFP concerns - this is planning for the future. It’s a conservative gamble rather than an (for lack of a better word) ambitious one. Which is becoming a theme over the last few windows.

31 man 1st team squad.

Shagger
McLaughlin
McRorie

Tav
Devine

Borna
Yilmaz

Goldson
King
Souttar
Davies
Helander
Sands

Lundstram
Davis
Jack
Arfield
Kamara
McCann
Ofoborh

Kent
Sakala
Wright
Matondo

Hagi
Lawrence
Lowry
Tillman

Morelos
Colak
Roofe
You can put lines through, or question marks next to almost half of those in that list. And suddenly we don't look in quite the rude health the bare numbers would lead you to believe.

Ach, it is what it is. We can’t get everything we want, but we can’t say they haven’t backed Gio either.

We’ve brought in some very good players and we can’t grumble about the money spent. We were never going to be splashing mental money on anyone, nor were we going to overload the squad with 3, 4 or 5 new players in this week.

Can’t be happy with us not buying one more for the middle, but after watching young McCanns performance the other night I’d be quite happy having him in and around the squad for the weekend. We’ve got enough around the squad and clearly the board are trying to be prudent without being tight which can’t be a bad thing these days.

Let’s have some faith in what Gio and his team can do and let’s have some faith in our players who, the last time I checked, got to a Europa League final, win a cup and also went to the midden in the last game and not only drew the game but were the better team for a lot of that game.

We’ve got plenty about us to do wht we need to do this season and sometimes it’s good to be flying under the radar and being the underdog.

Sounds like a negative post but everything you have said is true, I worry about our squad regarding injuries, which we already have, we go the their shit hole on Sat without our first team and I wonder when we will be able to play our best eleven, next two games for us is vital to us winning this league, we cannot afford to lose them.
Mate I am trying to be realistic?
If it comes across negative, then that’s because I have major concerns.
Going forward for this season.
With this squad.

We already have so many red flags going right now, it’s beginning to resemble watching a Russian May Day Parade!

Only fairweather fans join the transfer deadline day thread before 11pm. Got a pop up on the Facebook that it was 13 years ago we welcomed exciting champy prospect (in real life absolutely sh1te) Jerome Rothen. Still remember that deadline day thread erupting!

He made James Beattie look like an Olympic sprinter. So, so bad.

A lot of these comments mirror what was said before Psv away. Will be very interesting to see the chat if/when we pick up a result on Saturday.

Domestically, he more often than not played 2 you are correct. Imagine that. Seemed to work quite well having a couple of goal threats in side.

But in Europe he always played a lone striker.

Regardless though, having options up front is never a bad thing. In Smith's last season he had...

Miller, Jelavic, Lafferty, Velicka, Healy, Beattie, Diouff and Andy Little in squad. With the likes of Naismith and Jig who could play up front if required. Now, I don't expect us to carry that many forwards, as that is a bit bonkers but we could easily have had one more, given we are likely to play another 60+ games this season. It is the one area of park where a drop off in quality tends to show.
You nearly had me convinced then you mentioned Velicka and Beattie:eek::eek: If push came to shove, Sakala or Tilmann can play striker or very worst case, go to the B team. I will reiterate thats its just not feasable for us to have 4 striking options just incase we get an injury or 2.

The guy makes very good and important points, esp the bit about part of the fan base being used to massive losses. The main point for me though is we have had 2 points in time 55 and this year in the cl group states to move the club onto a new level and both times we have failed.

Some of that squad are kids .. some of that squad won't be at Rangers next season ie Davis possibly jack, Kent alfredo, arfield mcgregor, we should ve building on the success of getting within a whisker of winning the europa but we have stalled, we have a gk as not that is untested at european level..
A gk untested in Europe...?
You miss McLaughlin's saves to keep us in it v USG and PSV?

Well said short sighted penny pinching by a regime that I personally believe have “run their race” will gift wrap the title to the fat Aussie and see us in deep trouble in the CL. Gee thanks I’m so grateful, they need to understand that we are Rangers not Hertz or the sheep.
We are Rangers mate so lets curb the chat about already giving them a title and wait and see what happens.

It is what it is now. I will say if we are still in it come January I expect the board to sanction deals to help GVB try and win the title. I really don't think that's unreasonable. If we are as good as out of it they will rightly imo feel the heat from the fans for 1at time. The remember Charles Green/Ashley etc etc isn't going to cut it anymore imo. Just going on reaction from mates etc in real world.

In that case wouldn't you say it's justified?

All the happy clapping, board are brilliant brigade...if our results in the coming weeks aren't good, you going to admit the board should've done more? Or will you even have the audacity to complain about poor results?
The exact same point can be made to you in the opposite way.

Agree with his points entirely, if our injuries had been different I'd fully expected to see Hagi, Roofe and Helander moved on. Between them I'd reckon we are £65k+ a week in wages and Hagi at least would have commanded a decent fee. Our squad is too costly wage wise to have brought in too many more players beyond what we did without getting rid of others first, however out-with the 3 injured players theres little room for manoeuvre.

I don’t get the point on referring to previous years losses, a lot of which were fully converted to shares.

I’m aware of the King loan and a £7m shortfall but that would be covered and then some just with our January sales.

From what I took of SR’s AGM speech, we now budget for EL group football which if achieved will see us break even or thereabouts going forward?

Mate I am trying to be realistic?
If it comes across negative, then that’s because I have major concerns.
Going forward for this season.
With this squad.

We already have so many red flags going right now, it’s beginning to resemble watching a Russian May Day Parade!
I'm the same as you regarding the squad, it's OK having a big squad but how many of that squad is fit just now when we need them as we have three big matches in a row coming up, sick of people on here saying he's to come etc,,, when? We need a full eleven first team players now.

We are Rangers mate so lets curb the chat about already giving them a title and wait and see what happens.
I think we have to deal in reality. I’ll never surrender but you need to give yourself a chance. Still maybe we’ll sign a couple of free agents big Eck did that but in effect you are taking what no one else wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back