Club 1872 and the AGM

jaws73

Official Ticketer
Simple Question.

Do Club 1872 go out to the members in order to decide how they should cast their AGM vote on behalf of them or do they just igbnore that and dance to Dave King's tune?

It should be the former of course and I shouldn't have a concern but why do I have a niggling doubt?

What has generally happened in this regard [consulting the membership first] at past AGMs (I genuinely can't remember)?

Simple Question.

Do Club 1872 go out to the members in order to decide how they should cast their AGM vote on behalf of them or do they just igbnore that and dance to Dave King's tune?

It should be the former of course and I shouldn't have a concern but why do I have a niggling doubt?

What has generally happened in this regard [consulting the membership first] at past AGMs (I genuinely can't remember)?
They used to but I didn't get an email this year as stopped contributing.

Why the hate for Dave King? He’s the man who rescued us from the spivs. Surely that deserves lifelong respect?
He was not alone and made some atrocious decisions too and allegedly the Sports Direct issue was him and have we now finally cleared that mess up?

Club 1872 came across as the vehicle for fans to jump on and assist to make a difference but that is certainly not the case now and begs me to think it was a smoke n mirrors deal from the off.

They have taken millions from fans but don't give the people who have contributed any say. It's a contribution for them to follow Dave Kings instructions.

If the members aren't being allowed to cast their own votes I believe they could group together and approach the club with the issues. Couldn't the club stop club1872 from being able to vote.

Simple Question.

I think given the club won’t engage a major shareholder in club1972 tells you what’s about to happen.

They have taken millions from fans but don't give the people who have contributed any say. It's a contribution for them to follow Dave Kings instructions.

If the members aren't being allowed to cast their own votes I believe they could group together and approach the club with the issues. Couldn't the club stop club1872 from being able to vote.
I think the point is, if club 1872 was set up as a democratic vote but have then moved away from this, what’s to say they would return to that format if and when they fulfil any buyout of kings full shares? That’s what concerns me.

In regards to King himself, yes I want him back on the board. I thank him along with all the directors who put in their own cash and saved us. I just feel our board needs to be more connected, transparent and communicative with us fans. It hasn’t been for a long time and seems to have bred so much politics and power games. That’s not healthy and has been found to be asleep at the wheel for some time.

Why the hate for Dave King? He’s the man who rescued us from the spivs. Surely that deserves lifelong respect?
No one deserves life long respect. They maybe respected what what they have done. But judgement should be cast on what they currently bring to the table.

What does king bring to the party just now, beyond public squabbles and divisive actions?

Same as the board. Respect for what they have done. But what are they doing right now that deserves respect?

As far as I’m aware they have to vote they way the membership votes although in saying that,I’ve not had an email from them yet.

They have consulted the members in advance of every AGM up to now and I don't see them doing otherwise this time.

So, we are now just one week away from the AGM.

Anyone out there had a Club 1872 consultation e-mail yet (I haven't)?

Last year's poll of Contributors' wishes was a full two weeks before the AGM.

It wasn’t him personally although he would have you believe that was the case. Responsible for some of our worst boardroom decisions and continually seeks to disrupt the club.

Incredible but unsurprising if true.

If that is true why on earth would anyone contribute regardless of one's views on various topics? Surely such a fundamental change of rules would in itself have required a contributors' vote. Can't be true, surely?

If that is true why on earth would anyone contribute regardless of one's views on various topics? Surely such a fundamental change of rules would in itself have required a contributors' vote. Can't be true, surely?
I would say its only a rumour at this point.

I’ve just checked their website and it’s still saying the contributors vote and the Club1872 directors have to voting at the AGM as per results.

I’ve just fired an email off to them to ask why we’ve not had the chance to vote yet.

Obviously those who have contributed should be consulted in advance of the meeting but regardless of whether that happens, is club 1872 not an academic irrelevance anyway? All they can ever be is a fart in the clubs spacesuit due to their vote percentage.

Looks like they wanted to get the latest blog out before giving us the chance to vote, definitely got a steer on how theyd like contributors to vote.
If Club 1872 and other supporters vote against Resolution 8 at the Rangers AGM then there is a chance it will not pass as it requires 75% of shareholders to be in favour

Perhaps then the Rangers board would realise that they should engage with shareholders and fans and lay our their plans to be assessed on their own merits, rather than quietly seeking authority to do whatever they like for the next 5 years.

A 'steer' certainly underplays it. I see that Blog is signed CR. Who might that be? Given the content I'd have thought an actual name would have been put on it but unsurprising that it isn't.

Voting against resolution 8 would stop the board being able to convert loans to equity and issue shares to individuals.
As Special Business
SPECIAL RESOLUTIONS
8. “THAT the Directors be and they are empowered pursuant to Section 570(1) of the Act to allot equity securities (as defined in Section 560(1) of the Act) of the Company wholly for cash pursuant to the authority of the Directors under Section 551 of the Act conferred by Resolution 7 above, as if Section 561(1) of the Act did not apply to such allotment provided that unless previously revoked, varied or extended, this power shall expire on 5 December 2027”.

For context - here is Resolution 7
7. “THAT the Directors be and are hereby generally and unconditionally authorised in accordance with section 551 of theCompanies Act 2006 (the “Act”) to allot equity securities (as defined in section 560(1) of the Act):

(a) up to an aggregate nominal amount of £216,164 and such authority shall expire at the conclusion of the Company’s next Annual General Meeting in 2023, but so that the Company may, in each case, before such expiry make an offer or agreement which would or might require equity securities to be allotted after such expiry and the Directors may allot equity securities in pursuance of any such offer or agreement as if the power conferred hereby had not expired. This authority shall be in substitution for any previous authorities granted in this regard by the Company,
but without prejudice to any allotment of equity securities or grant of rights already made, offered or agreed tobe made pursuant to such authorities; and

(b) in addition to and without prejudice to the authorisation provided at sub-paragraph (a) above, an aggregate nominal amount of £432,328 per annum in the year following this Annual General Meeting and for each of the following four years and such authority shall expire on 5 December 2027 or on the date of the Company’s Annual General Meeting in 2027 if earlier, but so that the Company may (other than with regard to any transaction that would complete after 5 December 2027), in each case before such expiry make an offer or agreement
which would or might require equity securities to be allotted after such expiry and the Directors may allot equity securities in pursuance of any such offer or agreement as if the power conferred hereby had not expired. This authority shall be in substitution for any previous authorities granted in this regard by the Company, but without prejudice to any allotment of equity securities or grant of rights already made, offered or agreed to be made pursuant to such authorities;”

Voting against resolution 8 would stop the board being able to convert loans to equity and issue shares to individuals.

You can see why DK wouldn't want that if he genuinely wants to maintain the value of his shareholding whilst simultaneously trying to cash it in (DK = Club1872, hence the blog). Have I mis-interpreted that?

Last edited:
Unless they actually show the break down of the votes, it will come down to what Dave king wants. I am glad i do not pay anymore i really see no good from it apart from a driver for Dave king to recover his money which i have no issues with but has to be a better way than use the group to bitch at board.
What happens in board room should be resovled in there not public fights.

Correct. And the Section 570(1) Special Resolution has been voted on by shareholders every year (I believe) since 2015. And in most years for substantially higher numbers of new shares to be issued (allowing more than twice as many new shares last year and 2020, for example). And the resolution has passed every year since 2016… after which C1872 purchases Mike Ashley’s shares, enabling it to pass thereafter.

Last edited:
There is a massive, massive problem with how C1872 vote. Part of the agreement a contributor makes is that they will be able to vote on how C1872 votes at the agm. All good, but the fact C1872 routinely fail to produce ANY numbers behind any vote mean that there is absolutely no way at all of a contributor knowing what the actual vote was. In an environment where there are allegations of shadow control, this is beyond unhelpful and just feeds into the idea that there is no oversight from the contributors at all. The board of C1872 can literally do as they please in these circumstances because there is no voting record published at all beyond % totals and this is just one of the totally unacceptable issues with the running of the group.

Is this the same Dave King who's trying to get a yank asset stripper involved with us?
I’d say that statement is verging on defamation of character.

You’ll obviously have some evidence to back up Dave Kings involvement with the American woman?

That was Paul Murray

All quotes from King to members of C1872 regarding meeting her and his thoughts on her.

“I’ve only met Kyle once when I was over in Italy in the summer. She took me through her plans. I do think that she has a genuine appetite – if she can find a way around it – to bring some serious
investment into the club,” King told Club1872 members, as quoted by Glasgow World.

“We can’t stagnate. I do think we could do with a new injection of people onto the board and a new injection of money.

“I don’t think the current composition of the board has a lot of scope to increase their investment. I think we need different ideas.

“Kyle is one such person. There’s a long way to go before I’d regard her as being a credible person, but I certainly wouldn’t discount her completely.”

That’s the email with the link to vote just been sent out.Voted ‘for’ each resolution. :shh:
And me, voted last week the same with my personal shares.

No doubt the board have made errors, don't we all, but we are a long way from trying to remove people who have the clubs best interests at heart, a very long way.

Just been on and voted.

Whilst on the Club 1872 site I noticed on the home page that Legacy Donations [to purchase the DK Shareholding] numbers only 956. The stated aim is to obtain 20,000 Legacy Members.

Seems like a failure on a monumental scale.

Back