Fan Survey on moving UB

Just filled it out. Stressed the need to make standing actually safe as well with the BF standing the majority of the games currently. We need safe standing and a central singing section so that those closer to loud away fans can actually hear the UB over the noise of the other support.

Standing with the normal seats there isn’t safe and I see accidents happen quite a lot when they’re easily avoidable with the implementation of safe standing. I love standing at the football and there’s no reason we can’t have the best of both worlds.

What the UBs want, the UBs get. Or the atmosphere suffers etc.
The atmosphere is grim most games unfortunately.

Nor blaming UBs but unless a really exciting game or a game v beggars or euro match it's the same old same old.

Despite their best efforts atmosphere is poor and this may help things but nothing better than a rocking Ibrox with everyone singing and going nuts.

Safe standing needs looking at too. Not just for UBs

Not sure if this has been covered before, although I know I've asked the question, but what happens if we draw them* in the Cup? I'm assuming they'd have an increased allocation, would it be the 2,700 Euro section or the whole Broomie?
Rules state they would need to receive the full stand however I believe clubs can refuse and it would need discussed with the SFA.

Not sure if this has been covered before, although I know I've asked the question, but what happens if we draw them* in the Cup? I'm assuming they'd have an increased allocation, would it be the 2,700 Euro section or the whole Broomie?

I think both clubs can still agree on this shitty wee reduced number, sadly.

Don’t think the increased allocation thing is a rule anymore? We certainly didn’t get a bigger allocation for Aberdeen due to safety concerns

@rangeral will know

But ultimately those who tick the cccs box would get ahead of those that don’t
@derbyloyal @Aww Skew

We would have to comply with competition rules if such an allocation was to be granted

Scottish Cup or League Cup for that matter hasn't really had the problems both Aberdeen game in 2019 never had a bigger allocation

but as you seen in Europe we have 2700 for some games

I think both clubs can still agree on this shitty wee reduced number, sadly.
Sheep gave us league allocation a fee years ago even though by rules we were due more . Police recommendation on safety apparently.

would be good news .

In reality, we merely rent a seat for the season, the club are perfectly allowed to move you if they see fit tbh.

Hopefully won’t come to that as it’s last resort stuff

I would imagine that whilst everyone will be supportive, I doubt those in BF3 will want to lose their seat to move to BF1. I hope that they succeed.

Hopefully this all gets sorted out and they lads get a more prominent position.
I have to say I k ow they get stick at times ,but what those youngsters have brought to Ibrox is brilliant with their noise and displays and making the place less like a library .

Ps

Their display on the Clyde for 55 is unlikely to be surpassed ,I still get a chill watching that it was just brilliant .

They would be "entitled" to a higher % allocation, pretty sure it might be as high as 20%.

We were entitled to the same high percentage when drawn away to Aberdeen a few years back in the cup when they just refused to give us more so I'd imagine we would do the same to celtc and theres not an awful lot that can be done if Aberdeen were not punished for it.

I’m in BF4 and have supported it primarily because it won’t impact on me!
Anyone needing to move should be given a good choice of options if possible!
Accessibility needs and sitting next to family need to be catered for.
You obviously weren't at QOS cup game.It will impact on you unless you're front few rows. With flags for 90 you will now be as good as a restricted view seat.

If you were in sections either side for QOS game you may be surprised. Constant flag waving for 90 minutes meant you couldn’t see large parts of game. If you were a kid forget it. If you pay to be in that section it is what it is. But most don't pay a ST to have a flag obstructing their view. My ST seat that night was a restricted view seat.

Fair dos, positive feedback probably won't be unanimous, but I'd imagine the majority would be for it.

A lot of people see BF as the place to be since UB moved over, I don't see the survey being met with much of a backlash overall.

Remains to be seen I suppose

Sheep gave us league allocation a fee years ago even though by rules we were due more . Police recommendation on safety apparently.

Suits all the clubs just to stick with the league rules.

They probably can’t be arsed with the hassle.

Could foresee the club going down a “trial run” even if there’s overwhelming support

Doubt they’ll want to fully commit until they’ve seen it in action for a handful of games. Those games will give people the opportunity to see what it’s like and concerns regarding flags, as raised by a few, would become evident

Fair dos, positive feedback probably won't be unanimous, but I'd imagine the majority would be for it.

5 A lot of people see BF as the place to be since UB moved over, I don't see the survey being met with much of a backlash overall.

Remains to be seen I suppose
I put down for it not willing to move(BF4 wouldn't need to). But put a big bit about the QOS game in comments. As I said a kid won't see anything with the flags. If they came to an agreement with them before maybe 5 into game then 5 at end wouldn't be an issue. Personally I think 90 minutes of it when it is affecting people not in that section is not on.

It's a positive move, however would have liked to see them in corner where away fans currently are and relocate away fans to
I’m genuinely not being arsey but moving in there would it affect more fans views with regards to those massive flags that get
Away corner would be better, more prominent and flag waiving wouldn't block views
Too small would not look as good as a central position

Personally I think it’ll only be opposition from current BF3 ST holders that would scupper it. What % that would need to be is anyones guess

It’s all well and good having a majority of BF1/2/4/5 supporting it as people in those sections wouldn’t need to be moved unless they wanted to join the central singing section, if there’s enough resistance in BF3 then the club would have a difficult decision to make

That said, I honestly can’t foresee a huge amount of resistance
Wouldn’t be so sure mate. Im BF4 and said no but that id move if seats made available. Not one person in the BF4 WhatsApp hasn’t said no.

Amazed amount saying a seat is a seat. Some have had their seat in the family for generations. Not saying that will be the case in BF just surprised people think moving those against their will is acceptable.
It’s not their seat though is it you’re renting it for the duration of the season.

If you rent a house and suddenly a nightclub opens next door which you don’t like…it’s your decision to stay or go.

Don’t think the increased allocation thing is a rule anymore? We certainly didn’t get a bigger allocation for Aberdeen due to safety concerns

@rangeral will know

But ultimately those who tick the cccs box would get ahead of those that don’t
The rule does exist, it's applicable in the Scottish Cup and it's up to 20% of the tickets.

Sheep got out of giving us 20% the other year by citing their safety certificate.

IMO if we drew Celtic in the Scottish Cup they would ask for the full Broomloan and unless the police vetoed it I don't think we'd be able to refuse it.

It has an impact on season ticket holders in BR3 as well, and probably all the BR. Loads of complaints regarding the large flags during the cup game. As has been previously mentioned, it’s basically a restricted view seat you have for the entire game. I have my child with me and she was complaining she couldn’t see the game

Wouldn’t be so sure mate. Im BF4 and said no but that id move if seats made available. Not one person in the BF4 WhatsApp hasn’t said no.
The thing is, having the survey ensures people have their say which is a positive step forward. I believe the majority of people I know will be for it but I’m aware there’ll be people like yourself against it

Hopefully all BF ST holders answer the survey so the data is as factual as possible

The thing is, having the survey ensures people have their say which is a positive step forward. I believe the majority of people I know will be for it but I’m aware there’ll be people like yourself against it

Hopefully all BF ST holders answer the survey so the data is as factual as possible
Absolutely mate. Transparency will be key.

Personally I think it’ll only be opposition from current BF3 ST holders that would scupper it. What % that would need to be is anyones guess

It’s all well and good having a majority of BF1/2/4/5 supporting it as people in those sections wouldn’t need to be moved unless they wanted to join the central singing section, if there’s enough resistance in BF3 then the club would have a difficult decision to make

That said, I honestly can’t foresee a huge amount of resistance
Just shift them the same way celtic did, 20% discount on a ST renewal elsewhere in the stadium to those effected.

Latest posts

Back