Names on back of strips

Bearshire

Just managed to purchase an orange 02/03 Neil McCann strip and realised this is the first printed top I’ve had since I had the Mendes away top.

What’s the last printed strip you had?

Albertz is the one and only name I’ve had on the back of a Rangers top. My absolute fûcking hero when I was young.

Not many players at the club in the last 10 or so years that would merit getting a name on the back.

The youngsters today could be doing with a few players to worship.

Laudrup 11 on loads of tops

last top of a player who was at the club at the time was de Boer 14

Had a Croatia away top with Prso 9 on it

Albertz is the one and only name I’ve had on the back of a Rangers top. My absolute fûcking hero when I was young.

Not many players at the club in the last 10 or so years that would merit getting a name on the back.

It’s a real rare thing to see anything on a weans top these days. Stevie G sorting that when the Hummel releases I reckon

That’s the one I’m always on the hunt for, seen Retro Rangers Kits on Twitter is queuing up two of them for auction.

I managed to get a pristine one off of eBay a while back. Much cheaper than the auctions are going for on that page. I’m sure there are one or two on eBay just now

Numan 5 on this shirt

4f549359479242084b4443752c08aab2.jpg

2007. I was convinced Alan Gow was going to be a sensation for us. Convinced the girl at JJB to put Gowdrup on the back of my top.

Safe to say it was almost never worn due to the sheer embarrassment and ended up buying another top to replace it. Never had a name on a top since.

11 years later, I’m looking back at myself and thinking, what an absolute wank.

2007. I was convinced Alan Gow was going to be a sensation for us. Convinced the girl at JJB to put Gowdrup on the back of my top.

Safe to say it was almost never worn due to the sheer embarrassment and ended up buying another top to replace it. Never had a name on a top since.

11 years later, I’m looking back at myself and thinking, what an absolute wank.
Could be worse I suppose, I had my last name Kean on the back of the Euro lilac one until people kept asking who Kean 14 wis

Reactions: Mez
Had no 10 (hateley) most recently had mcculloch 08,off topic but had a Leeds top with yeboah 21 when I was a wee guy

Just managed to purchase an orange 02/03 Neil McCann strip and realised this is the first printed top I’ve had since I had the Mendes away top.

What’s the last printed strip you had?

Think I seen that on eBay mate had toyed with getting it.

Managed to get a 96/97 away in good nick instead though

Had Gazza 9 when I was wee. Then Lovenkrands 26 when I was a bit older.

Got one of them vintage style Greig 4 ones in 12/13 but never wore it.

Had my own name a few times but Greig was most recent.

My one and only strip with a name: Laudrup 11 96/97
Felt on top of the world wearing it.

Seem to remeber seeing someone in partick wearing a new top with Albertz on the back just after he left the club. I thought i was gutted he had left, the guy must have been fuming he had shelled out and now he was away.

Funnily enough my last one was McCann in the away strip that was white navy and light blue.

Only other printed top I had was the 8 in a row top with Gazza on the back.

The shop in braehead in the top floor across from pandora does a retro Hamburg top with Albertz on the back mate worth a shout !

Back