Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

Alfie was signed not to be the No.1 striker but turned out to be, I just think it’s a big ask for a 20 year old from Serbia to come in & be the main man right away.

Would love to be proved wrong though.
Agreed I wouldn’t want him as 1st choice right now but if we spend a fair chunk on a first choice number 9 then have Ratkov or the likes developing in the background.

As the trading model should work, Douvikas/Piroe etc are moved on for good profit in few years time then the replacement is already in the building like how Brighton do it.

He was out the team as he wouldn't committ and sign an extended contract
That’s exactly my point in the original post though. We don’t know what goes on with everyone individually to then judge a player on not playing one season is madness. Especially when we’re aware that he nearly signed for us in January and was unhappy it fell through

No he was out the team for the last 2/3 months he was there because he fell out with the manager.
He was out the team because he refused to sign a new contract. Its nothing to do with fallouts between people, they did it with other players too.

That’s exactly my point in the original post though. We don’t know what goes on with everyone individually to then judge a player on not playing one season is madness. Especially when we’re aware that he nearly signed for us in January and was unhappy it fell through

The issue is that players will suit some managers tactics others won't, players will play better with some players playing beside them. As you say its not black or white.

You don't need to spend big money to find a good player and it's about the manager finding the right blend for how he wants to play and that can execute.

The rangers support just want success I get it and think big names means success but I actually prefer the route of younger hungry talented players looking to prove themselves.

We will just have to wait and see but I trust what they are trying to do

No he was out the team for the last 2/3 months he was there because he fell out with the manager.
He was taken out of the squad just before Christmas because he advised the club that he wasn’t signing a new deal and missed five games.

Before then, he played in every single game available.

That’s a massive difference from not making the squad, it’s a totally different situation.

Agreed.

Alfie was signed not to be the No.1 striker but turned out to be, I just think it’s a big ask for a 20 year old from Serbia to come in & be the main man right away.

Would love to be proved wrong though.
Correct probably would definitely need another top striker

If Nisbet was available at 1.2mil it would be a good bit of business but hibs would probably want more off us.
Yeah, you’re right. They would.

even for anything less than £1.5m, surely that’s our market? Bosman’s, contracts expiring, folk returning from long term injury?

I've never really watched Butland, what mould of goalkeeper is he?

I like how McCrorie commands the box, it makes the back line look much more assured and confident. I think it's important our number 1 has that in his game.

I've never really watched Butland, what mould of goalkeeper is he?

I like how McCrorie commands the box, it makes the back line look much more assured and confident. I think it's important our number 1 has that in his game.
From what I have seen he is the complete opposite of McGregor and will come for anything that is anywhere near his penalty box.

I do think that will make a big difference to our back 4. You can see the panic when McGregor stays on his line as the ball is crossed into the 6 yard box

Nisbet played for them along with Tierney in their youth team. He's then at Hibs. I am no psychic but the chances of him wanting to sign for us, even if we were interested is probably 0.
Disagree, footballers on the most part will sign wherever is the best move for them and giving them the most money. It's their career, they don't look at it like your standard fan does.

Does the £1.2m fee quoted for nisbett change anyone’s mind?

I think it does. Home grown for £1.2m

Home grown, but a pretty ordinary home grown, who certainly wouldn't improve our squad, let alone starting 11.

Beale is on record saying he doesn't rate him anyway, so it's all a bit hypothetical.

If we were paying £1.2m for a striker in Scotland I would rather see if Hearts would accept that for Shankland than pay that for Nisbet.

He has had a far more impressive season than anything Nisbet has done for Hibs.

I doubt either are on our radar though.

If we were paying £1.2m for a striker in Scotland I would rather see if Hearts would accept that for Shankland than pay that for Nisbet.

They wouldn’t, not even close

We need far better than either of those two.

Saw Pavlidis briefly as he’s played against few Scottish teams in recent years.

We need to start finding these boys at source rather than when they’ve developed in a league similar to ours. We always seem to be a move behind, which is why I like the Ratkov link as he could kick on and go for big profits.
When we are linked with unknown players from lower or less thought of leagues this place is full of people saying they aren't good enough.
I agree with you though.

We need far better than either of those two.
I don't disagree but we need homegrown players and if, hypothetically we were almost forced into investing in a decent homegrown player from another team in the league than I would be targeting Shankland over Nisbet.

As I say though, I dont think we will be looking at either.

He would get game time.

We payed roughly the same for Colak and he wasn't signed as a first choice.

Our manager doesn't rate Nisbet, so I doubt he would mate.

Colak will likely still be here next season and although he won't be 1st choice, he'd still be higher up the pecking order than Nisbet would be.

He was taken out of the squad just before Christmas because he advised the club that he wasn’t signing a new deal and missed five games.

Before then, he played in every single game available.

That’s a massive difference from not making the squad, it’s a totally different situation.
I’m not saying it’s a totally different situation if you go back to my original post

Haven’t heard much on the Krstovic front. Is that one definitely a non starter at the price tag? I’d have liked us to buy him instead of Tillman.

We where never interested in him just a FF dream like Skov Olsen. Also Krstovic has also came out said he is staying as he wants to win the league there.

Pavlidis from AZ is another I’d hope we’ve looked at.

4 years of solid goalscoring in the Eredivisie, with AZ & Willem II.

He’s also started adding assists to his game.
I mentioned him last season. Admittedly when he played against us for Willem II he was pretty anonymous bar missing one good chance but he's gotten gradually better and I think is now the step above our price range. Probably worth 10-12M now.

Last edited:
If we were ever going to consider Shankand next season would be a better judge of his ability; to see if he can score the same amount of goals for a longer period. In his first season at Dundee Utd he played 26 games and scored 24 goals, in the following season he scored only 8 in 32; defenders will read his game more next season.

Personally, don’t want Nisbet.

I think he’s vastly overrated on here. If he scored most weeks in a shit Hibs team then maybe but he doesn’t and is rarely a standout for them.

I don’t think we are interested in him anyway.

McCrorie
Souttar
Jack
Kieran Wright

Granted Scott Wright might leave but there’s 4 homegrown players there which leaves another 4 to be filled and 17 players to be registered for UEFA Competitions.

Players like Devine, King, Lowry, Rice etc can all be registered out with the 25 man squad as they are born after 2001.

We where never interested in him just a FF dream like Skov Olsen. Also Krstovic has also came out said he is staying as he wants to win the league there.
I think there was obviously genuine interest in skov olsen, veerman and evander, as in we identified these players that can take us to another level. The problem obviously was we couldnt or wouldnt pay the money for them.

Our manager doesn't rate Nisbet, so I doubt he would mate.

Colak will likely still be here next season and although he won't be 1st choice, he'd still be higher up the pecking order than Nisbet would be.

How do you know that he doesn’t rate him? Apologies if I’m missed something, just curious.

There was talk of Colak being for the off but that seems to be wide of the mark. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he did go, he’s never going to be our “main” striker but he does have a decent goal record and perhaps still has a role to play.

I don’t know why my text has went bold btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back