Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pavlidis from AZ is another I’d hope we’ve looked at.

4 years of solid goalscoring in the Eredivisie, with AZ & Willem II.

He’s also started adding assists to his game.
He played against us for Willem II and I wasn't impressed. I had specifically looked out for him as I'd done a wee bit of research on their main men in the lead up to the game. He was very poor.

He also played against Celtic for AZ two seasons ago and was poor then too.

He's a big physical goalscorer but with not a lot of technical ability. For that reason, I'd be surprised if Beale had any interest in him.

I think there was obviously genuine interest in skov olsen, veerman and evander, as in we identified these players that can take us to another level. The problem obviously was we couldnt or wouldnt pay the money for them.

Veerman there was interest from us, however he was never ever coming here and made it clear publicly that he’s wasn’t for leaving the Netherlands.

Skov Olsen, Admin, ITK & journalists have all said we never had any interest in him.

Evander I’ve never seen anyone confirm or denied interest but he was a £10m move to the MLS and was never in our price range.

Personally, don’t want Nisbet.

I think he’s vastly overrated on here. If he scored most weeks in a shit Hibs team then maybe but he doesn’t and is rarely a standout for them.

I don’t think we are interested in him anyway.

McCrorie
Souttar
Jack
Wright

Granted Scott Wright might leave on loan but there’s 4 homegrown players there which leaves another 4 to be filled and 17 players to be registered for UEFA Competitions.

Players like Devine, King, Lowry, Rice etc can all be registered out with the 25 man squad as they are born after 2001.
The 25 man squad gets reduced if the quota isn't met though does it not? So it will be a 20 man squad currently (excluding U21).

How do you know that he doesn’t rate him? Apologies if I’m missed something, just curious.

There was talk of Colak being for the off but that seems to be wide of the mark. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he did go, he’s never going to be our “main” striker but he does have a decent goal record and perhaps still has a role to play.

I don’t know why my text has went bold btw

Beale is on record as saying that he doesn't think there's any strikers currently playing in Scotland (outside of us and them) , that are good enough to play for Rangers.

I agree Colak won't be our main striker, but he's proved himself a very good finisher and penalty box striker, which is a big asset for us, when teams defend deep against us.

He's totally different gravy to Nisbet.

Veerman there was interest from us, however he was never ever coming here and made it clear publicly that he’s wasn’t for leaving the Netherlands.

Skov Olsen, Admin, ITK & journalists have all said we never had any interest in him.

Evander I’ve never seen anyone confirm or denied interest but he was a £10m move to the MLS and was never in our price range.

When we defeated PSV in Eindhoven last season, Veerman was totally outplayed and made to look very ordinary by the much maligned (by some on here) Glen Kamara, John Lundstram and Tom Lawrence.

I'm not convinced he would've been a better signing than Cantwell or Raskin.

I think the forward line signings may take the longest and obviously be the most expensive. Sounds like Roofe is being banked on to be an option.

Will now depend what becomes of Colak, sakala, wright and matondo. Interesting times ahead.

I think he’s vastly overrated on here. If he scored most weeks in a shit Hibs team then maybe but he doesn’t and is rarely a standout for them.

McCrorie
Souttar
Jack
Wright

Granted Scott Wright might leave on loan but there’s 4 homegrown players there which leaves another 4 to be filled and 17 players to be registered for UEFA Competitions.

Players like Devine, King, Lowry, Rice etc can all be registered out with the 25 man squad as they are born after 2001.
Only a loan for Wright? I figured it might be best for all parties to go for a permanent but he definitely needs game time one way or the other

As for Nisbet, I’d take him as a third choice at £1.2m but agree that he’s never particularly stood out to me as someone who might lead our line. No chance Hibs would sell to us for that amount either

I think the forward line signings may take the longest and obviously be the most expensive. Sounds like Roofe is being banked on to be an option.

Will now depend what becomes of Colak, sakala, wright and matondo. Interesting times ahead.
I reckon it's either Roofe or Colak for the 3rd spot.

We will definitely bring in at least two strikers and hopefully two wide forwards that's the priority.

McCrorie
Souttar
Jack
Wright

Granted Scott Wright might leave but there’s 4 homegrown players there which leaves another 4 to be filled and 17 players to be registered for UEFA Competitions.

I thought you meant the goalie Wright

When we defeated PSV in Eindhoven last season, Veerman was totally outplayed and made to look very ordinary by the much maligned (by some on here) Glen Kamara, John Lundstram and Tom Lawrence.

I'm not convinced he would've been a better signing than Cantwell or Raskin.
I thought he was very good at Ibrox. The away leg was one of the nights Glen Kamara decided to turn up and was outstanding.

Pavlidis from AZ is another I’d hope we’ve looked at.

4 years of solid goalscoring in the Eredivisie, with AZ & Willem II.

He’s also started adding assists to his game.

2 years on his contract and valued at €12 million on transfermarkt.

Last time AZ sold their main striker, it was for €17 million.

Think they denied we ever made a bid but do not think anyone would deny we looked at him and would've liked to sign him. Evander went for $10million dollars, but was after we got the champs league money, which according to the board at the agm was obviously not as much as first thought.

McCrorie
Souttar
Jack
Wright

Granted Scott Wright might leave but there’s 4 homegrown players there which leaves another 4 to be filled and 17 players to be registered for UEFA Competitions.

Hes got a league goal every 114 minutes this season.

McCrorie
Souttar
Jack
Wright

Yes, there is absolutely no point in filling up the squad with homegrown players just because we "need" them for european competition registration.

I don't see any homegrown options within our spend range that would improve the squad anyway, but it's a totally pointless exercise.

I thought he was very good at Ibrox. The away leg was one of the nights Glen Kamara decided to turn up and was outstanding.

Yeah I thought he was very good at Ibrox as well. I think that PSV team thought all they had do was turn up and they would win but we actually turned up and were hungry and determined. Our midfield made their midfield look very ordinary on the night.

McCrorie
Souttar
Jack
Wright

Think Wright needs to be registered under the A list to meet the squad goalkeeper quota.

Budinauckas was on this seasons A list.

McCrorie
Souttar
Jack
Kieran Wright

I wonder if there is a temptation to keep Lewis Mayo around as he has another year and is 23yo and played a full season in the league

Would let us send King out on loan also

Lots of the usual negativity around the lad. We always love to write off young players. Must be worth a chance at least

After a few seasons of regular first team football, and the sort of offers that will be on the table for him, I can't see Mayo wanting to hang around and be 4th or 5th choice at best.

Reactions: cav
Nisbet may be available to every other club on the planet for £1.5m but to us hibs would look for a lot more which makes the deal not worth it

If we kept Roofe fit for 70% of the season it would be like a 7M signing. Absolutely no doubt the boy is a cracking player. However its never going to happen. Maybe Beale knows somwthing we dont and finally we have found what the problem is and made major strides in fixing it. But I highly doubt it.

Would be geat though as he would certainly free up money to be spent in other areas. Him being fit for the 55 season was a massive factor we won the league. Think it was only 20 odd games but with 15 (?) goals I think. His movement in the box is something we really miss. Colak has the finishing ability but there are just too mnay games where he is like Kris boyd without the goals. Wouldnt be concerned if he left at all.

I wonder if there is a temptation to keep Lewis Mayo around as he has another year and is 23yo and played a full season in the league

Would let us send King out on loan also
Not a bad shout that, how did he play this season I didn't see any of him ?

I reckon it's either Roofe or Colak for the 3rd spot.

We will definitely bring in at least two strikers and hopefully two wide forwards that's the priority.
Personally I'd much prefer Colak, but I'm not so sure he will want to hang about for limited game time. Roofe I'd offer to any club that would listen for a loan even paying half his wages.
Not many I'd reckon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back