Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone has mentioned Nathan Redmond, 29 out of contract at Besiktas, decent enough season with 5 goals 5 assists. Not suggesting he’d be good but would make some sense.

I get not wanting to spend that level of fee on a 30 year old, ideally we get someone younger and left sided, but calling him bang average is absolute nonsense.
He’s so average it’s unreal. Folk are absolute cucks for anyone playing in the Premiership. Can also only play in a three so would be an absolute waste of space. I genuinely do not rate him in the slightest. A lot of bad players down south who coast by on some odd wee network where they just keep getting gigs.

A team significantly worse than us turned down the chance to take him for relative pittance. That tells me plenty.

Would like to think we could get 3M for him. I mean he's really not that bad but just not suited to the physicallity in our league. Isnt he highly rated down in the championship?
That wouldn’t be the worst fee. You’ve got to think he has a track record from his time playing in the Championship. Going to be a fascinating summer alright!

I think the forward line signings may take the longest and obviously be the most expensive. Sounds like Roofe is being banked on to be an option.

Will now depend what becomes of Colak, sakala, wright and matondo. Interesting times ahead.
If our manager is banking on Roofe for next season god help us.

I think the forward line signings may take the longest and obviously be the most expensive. Sounds like Roofe is being banked on to be an option.

Will now depend what becomes of Colak, sakala, wright and matondo. Interesting times ahead.

Where has Beale said this?

Genuine question by the way - I haven’t seen anything suggesting this at all.

He’s so average it’s unreal. Folk are absolute cucks for anyone playing in the Premiership. Can also only play in a three so would be an absolute waste of space. I genuinely do not rate him in the slightest. A lot of bad players down south who coast by on some odd wee network where they just keep getting gigs.

A team significantly worse than us turned down the chance to take him for relative pittance. That tells me plenty.
He has played with two clubs in the last eight years. He is hardly jumping club to club and failing.

We clearly aren't signing him and I don't want us to for the money it would take, but he's clearly a decent EPL level player and has been for a while.

I honestly don’t mind the debates going a little off topic but the suggestions really do my tits in man - you need to jump back 5 pages all cos someone suggested them

Who exactly is doing our scouting these days? Is Beale being left to choose players since we have no DOF at the moment?
We have a massive team of scouts and analysts. John Park is heading up summers recruitment alongside Beale. Wilson was also involved in preparation. Beale isn't just browsing transfermarkt and picking people.

a new member posted a thread about conor coady (deleted now) the source this article.

an absolute none story, how can the media even print this crap

Basically what’s happened is the FF circle of nonsense.

That being, someone posts in transfer thread that his kid is wearing a Rangers top the same day he announces Everton aren’t signing him.

Some discussion follows, would we sign him? Is he worth the 4.5m? Is loan to buy an option?

This in turn spreads to twitter or some shitey Facebook page, where it becomes truth.

This the results in it being re posted on FF as gathering pace or words to that effect, completing the circle of nonsense.

Although, I think he’d be a very good signing if it was possible.

Basically what’s happened is the FF circle of nonsense.

That being, someone posts in transfer thread that his kid is wearing a Rangers top the same day he announces Everton aren’t signing him.

Some discussion follows, would we sign him? Is he worth the 4.5m? Is loan to buy an option?

This in turn spreads to twitter or some shitey Facebook page, where it becomes truth.

This the results in it being re posted on FF as gathering pace or words to that effect, completing the circle of nonsense.

Although, I think he’d be a very good signing if it was possible.
Beautiful words

Pin it to the top of the thread

He has played with two clubs in the last eight years. He is hardly jumping club to club and failing.

We clearly aren't signing him and I don't want us to for the money it would take, but he's clearly a decent EPL level player and has been for a while.
The ‘getting gigs at other clubs’ was more a comment on that type of player - ie. Dull, English, 6/10.

I just don’t get him at all as a footballer. As you say, we aren’t going to be paying his wages anyway so a moot point.

Coady didn’t play much at Everton. Was he injured or just not selected?

Remember when he signed it seemed a bit of a dream for him as he was a fan. Seems not to have worked out for him.
There’s pictures of him in an Everton top. But he was a Liverpool fan growing up, not an Everton fan.

He’d be a tremendous addition.

Who exactly is doing our scouting these days? Is Beale being left to choose players since we have no DOF at the moment?
The reason Beale is travelling so much he has already said, is because he wants to meet the players in person. We have a scouting department and recruitment team. Beale has also said he has known the players he wants to sign this summer for a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back