Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any agents lurking, don’t bother doing loads of work touting your clients left right and centre, just get their kids to put on a Rangers top and job done.

He played 24 EPL games for them including their crucial last game.

When Dyche came in he preferred his Burnley pairing of Tarkowski and Keane.

Coady is also better suited to a back 3 which Dyche seldom uses.

There is very likely nothing in the Coady rumours but we are talking about someone with almost 200 EPL games and who was in England squads as recently as 6 months ago.
As you say mate, likely nothing in it!

Personally, I don’t think he's better than Goldson and unless we are going to back 3 I don't think he's good enough to play in a back 4 if you like!

For me, very overrated

Conor Coady is better defender than Goldson.
Conor Coady who can only play in a back 3? Has played in a back 4 and has always been shown up. Not really a sign of a good defender if they can only excel in a 5 at the back formation. I’ll take goldson over him 9/10.

He’s 30, no real pace, always played in teams who sit deep. Thank %^*& we’re not interested in him.

Last edited:
And your point is? alan thompson one got capped for England.
He’s got 10 caps since making his debut 3 years ago and has featured in a good % of squads since. It’s hardly the same.

I love Connor Goldson but Coady is a tried and tested epl defender. They’d be a great partnership and it would bring an extra leader to the defence, we’ve all seen what happens when Goldson can’t play.

He is

Who’s better?

Only one that comes close is Carter Vickers but Goldson is better
Goldson is our best CH and yes we’re better with him there however he’s not the best in the league.

I don’t think it’s unlikely that we could see a CH come in to replace Davies who’s better than Goldson.

Davies is better than Goldson?
No I’m saying I don’t think it’s impossible that Goldson’s CH partner next season will be better than him, ie there’s better players out there.

People go on about Goldson as if he should be playing regularly in the EPL. The reality is he’s a half decent player, good enough for us but nothing special. Limited pace and prone to a mistake. The key there is I believe he IS good enough for us but that doesn’t take away from his imperfections.

Conor Coady who can only play in a back 3? Has played in a back 4 and has always been shown up. Not really a sign of a good defender if they can only excel in a 5 at the back formation. I’ll take goldson over him 9/10.

He’s 30, no real pace, always played in teams who sit deep. Thank %^*& we’re not interested in him.
Fast forward 3 months……..

RFC56: ‘Conor Conor! Can I get your autograph please!’

Bang average in the Premier League maybe. Do you think the club should be targeting players that are standouts in the Premier League?
We should not be targeting any player who is bang average at any level.

As previous, cuck behaviour. Premiership simply not a market we should be shopping in. Just screams “Celtic make move for Premiership defensive stalwart, Shane Duffy” to me.

Alas, still an absolute moot point because there’s absolutely nothing behind this other than him buying his child a Rangers shirt.

We should not be targeting any player who is bang average at any level.

As previous, cuck behaviour. Premiership simply not a market we should be shopping in. Just screams “Celtic make move for Premiership defensive stalwart, Shane Duffy” to me.

Alas, still an absolute moot point because there’s absolutely nothing behind this other than him buying his child a Rangers shirt.
What players have we signed recently that have been at - or even close to - their top form at their previous club exactly?

The idea that you’d turn your nose up at a relatively ‘average’ Real Madrid or Man City player is some laugh to be fair.

What players have we signed recently that have been at - or even close to - their top form at their previous club exactly?

The idea that you’d turn your nose up at a relatively ‘average’ Real Madrid or Man City player is some laugh to be fair.
Relatively average is ok.

It’s the “bang” that makes the difference.

Afraid now that given everything I’m relegating Coady to just “shite”.

Hopefully he’ll share a picture of his child in a Celtic too soon so folk will stop embarrassing themselves and pretending it’s even a relevant conversation.

Relatively average is ok.

It’s the “bang” that makes the difference.

Afraid now that given everything I’m relegating Coady to just “shite”.

Hopefully he’ll share a picture of his child in a Celtic too soon so folk will stop embarrassing themselves and pretending it’s even a relevant conversation.
Again though, I accept all of that, but what one of our current players has been in top form at their previous club?

Goldson has been brilliant since 2018 consistently in europe. Odd mistake here and there. His absense earlier this season surely people realised but nah.

Coady is a standard epl cb. Id be shocked if he came here and was as good as Goldson tbh.

if we decide to sell sakala and/or colak this window we would be looking for around £2-3million for each of them imo, no way they leave for pennies.

I dont see us actively trying to sell sakala given his numbers, a great option from the bench or in easier/cup games etc.

colak I think 80/20 he moves on.
Sakala I think we would get 4 million with his numbers.

Standards need to be higher. “Showed promise in league 1” isn’t really enough when he’s failed to make any impact in the Championship.
See for the people that keep referencing players that have had a decent season in league 1 as if they're going to turn out to be the next Ivan Toney/Dele Alli etc.

Joe Garner. 27 goals in one season in league one. Goal of the season.

We shelled out £1.6 million for him and errrr...

Would prefer to take either of the centre halves from Birmingham, seen as they finished 17th in the Championship - before I took a recent England international. :rolleyes:

See for the people that keep referencing players that have had a decent season in league 1 as if they're going to turn out to be the next Ivan Toney/Dele Alli etc.

Joe Garner. 27 goals in one season in league one. Goal of the season.

We shelled out £1.6 million for him and errrr...
“…and we’ve got Joey Garner, we’ve got Joey….”

The memories…

FF

Coady not being kept on by Everton. Reports he’s available for £4.5m as Wolves want rid
At the same time a fake ‘ITK’ account on Twitter tweets that Championships clubs want Davies for £4m

That means we are 100% getting Coady. You then add an Insta pic of his kid in a Rangers kit and it’s an absolute cert of course.

Apparently coady got family up here who are rangers daft.its an old top as well probably got a few tops from family etc

I feel any Ben Davies leaving chat is just wishful thinking on our part, don’t see it happening as things are.

I feel any Ben Davies leaving chat is just wishful thinking on our part, don’t see it happening as things are.
I don’t think there’s much chance Davies will be with us next season. He still has a reputation in the Championship and I’m sure we won’t take a loss on him.
Liverpool bought him because they regarded him as one of the best in the division and 1 year later he has added UCL experience to his CV.
A good footballer not suited to our team or league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back