Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got no idea if Bisto Bob is going to Spurs or not, but one thing I do know for an absolute fact is we've got more chances of signing Mbappe and Neymar than you’ve got of becoming a "respected itk poster" on here Robert!

You’ve been a poster on FF for just over 4 months and have contributed some of the biggest load of pish I've read on here for a long while, and that really takes some doing.

What will happen is you'll lose the rag over nothing, get banned and then reappear under a new username ala MagicDeBoer resplendent in your Fiat Punto. :D

I’m quite laid back tbh and wouldnt loose my rag over something on an internet forum, when this plays out and im right i hope everyone just accepts maybe there just a bit deluded.

He’s probably one of their biggest fans, that would be great for him.

I’m one of the only ones on this thread who thinks its laughable that Ange is going to get offered the spurs job, ive not got as high opinion of him as the rest of people on this thread it would seem, usually you get called a Tim for praising the other lot, not the other way around. Strange

I’m one of the only ones on this thread who thinks its laughable that Ange is going to get offered the spurs job, ive not got as high opinion of him as the rest of people on this thread it would seem, usually you get called a Tim for praising the other lot, not the other way around. Strange
Edit.

You seem to be the only one on the thread who still doesn’t have a clue how bookies and odds work

You think bookies have some inside track on the boardroom of spurs ? All they do is react to market fluctuations

Clueless as the rest of us

If the sports itk journalists were correct then we both know you wouldn’t be able to get odds of 4/7 on him.
Thats not true. Spurs pr postecoglou dont call up Denis Coates and tell her how negotiations are going. Its based purely on bets placed and isnt a large betting market.

I had a contact at the club and knew Gerrard was the manager before he was announced and got 66/1. Even after bt sport interview he wasnt as low as 4/7. I also knew about gio and stuck a few hundred on him at 3’s when the players knew he was the next manager.

The bookies go on money placed, as i said. If your logic was correct then RVP must have made one hell of a u-turn in the blue room as he was 1/10 to join us. That was again nonsense driven by bets, not insider info.

:D :D :D

He may decide that Celtic is a cushy, well paid job where he's already loved by the east end numpties and that Spurs could, literally, be a six month shitshow with possibly no Kane, a support that will immediately be suspicious and that he could easily be out on his ear before the season ends. What would his next move be? I don't think he's a stupid man and probably knows his limitations.

I'd like him to stay - I think he's already reached the bottom of his transfer barrel and will struggle with a Plan B if we make even moderately good signings.
The 10m contract he gets will affect every decision he makes bud he’s off

Betfair betwatch...AP is now back to just over Evens. Seems like there's plenty still willing to bet against him getting the job.

Or maybe Robert1872 has sold his house and is laying with every penny he's got.
Everyone on here will have been convinced by his succinct and eloquent arguments and posters in their droves are now betting against him. Robert is playing chess while we all play checkers. :shh:

I’m quite laid back tbh and wouldnt loose my rag over something on an internet forum, when this plays out and im right i hope everyone just accepts maybe there just a bit deluded.

This is like calling heads on a coin toss, it lands on heads, then crowing about how you were "right" and you "knew" it was going to be heads.

You don't know anything and you are guessing just as much as anyone on here.

At least people who think that he is going to go to Tottenham are actually basing it on something. There's a lot of noise about him moving there and some of the more respectable, though sometimes incorrect, names are linking him strongly to the job. There is precedent with both Rodgers and Gerrard leaving Glasgow to go down to Premiership clubs, and Rodgers actually doing well with Leicester initially, so it's not outside the realms of possibility at all.

Based on all the available evidence right now it's pretty clear that a manager doing well in Scotland absolutely is on the radar of some Premiership sides, Tottenham are obviously considering him as a potential candidate for the position, in the past week or so he has been seen as their preferred candidate so it's very likely that, at a minimum, conversations with agents etc have already happened. Where's the delusion here? There's plenty that points to him being on Spurs' shortlist.

I'd definitely be interested to hear what you actually know that guarantees he won't go to Spurs? Or are you legitimately having a guess and hoping you will get to brag about being "right" and everyone else following the clear evidence available is "deluded"?

I want upheaval and chaos for that club. want him to leave them. I want their players downing tools and wanting out. I want their fans fighting each other in the stands and the streets. I want that club falling apart and expose its rotten nonce core once again.

Turmoil and torture for the paedos.
Glory and greatness for Rangers.

While I tend to agree you have to remember they will be strengthening in the summer too.
I totally get that, I just have no fear of them. They have one tactic and that has always been exposed by managers in Europe who can set the team up to press them.

I think Beale’s team will surprise alot this season.

100000000/1

About the same chance there is of you ever accepting that he’s the favourite for the job.

AP could come round to your house and show you the text messages from his agent and you’d still argue it’s bullshit.
The bookies have probably looked at the situation with slot and are thinking well spurs are a bit of a basket case anything can happen hence the price. But clearly everything points to him going there which everyone should be happy about

If he stays he stays, if he goes he goes. We need to focus on sorting ourselves out first and foremost. I'm torn between him going and staying. Would love us to get our act together next season and put the fat lady's front bottom to the sword. But on the other hand if he leaves now they will be absolutely spewing.

Fair point. Just irks me as the only other managers I can think of who get similar treatment are Guardiola and Mourinho. Eriksson in an earlier era. And I suppose there was also Big Sam, Big Ron, and Big Jock Knew.

Id imagine its because those names are easily recognisable as those managers.

If Peps name was Jim, folk wouldnt be saying just Jim, theyd call him by his surname

While I tend to agree you have to remember they will be strengthening in the summer too.
Buying players doesn't automatically equal strengthening. Look at the summer of 2020 - they had just "won" the league and kept all their better players, then spent £10m on a striker from West Ham and a goalkeeper from Athens, both with a good pedigree, followed by a defender with years of EPL experience and a left back from Milan, and what resulted was the worst yahoo team in over a decade. Their strike rate with signings in the past couple of years is virtually unprecedented and it can't last forever (at least I hope it can't).

We laugh, but the match thread on this very forum that night was cringe-inducing.

I'm not quite sure why, but there is a section of our support who have fellated him since he walked in the door over there.
There were posters who found it impossible to dislike him, others thought he was a great guy unlike previous mhank managers.

It's nauseating, still prevalent in this thread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back