Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is

Who’s better?

Only one that comes close is Carter Vickers but Goldson is better
Unfortunately that’s who comes to mind, that CCV fella is more physically dominant and quicker. He is their on field leader, more than McGregor is and when he’s been out their defence has looked very fragile. There’s a reason why he was at a bigger club than Goldson down there and a reason why he cost more to bring to Scotland.

Unfortunately that’s who comes to mind, that CCV fella is more physically dominant and quicker. He is their on field leader, more than McGregor is and when he’s been out their defence has looked very fragile. There’s a reason why he was at a bigger club than Goldson down there and a reason why he cost more to bring to Scotland.
Which bigger club was he at? Spurs? How many matches did he play for them?

So, Goldson’s heart condition and life saving heart operation had nothing to do with the number of appearances he made down south and also what we paid for him?

Unfortunately I agree, Vickers has been the difference for them and leads their defence-if they never had them then they would not have been as successful

I agree with most of that actually actually but Goldson has done in year in year out for us in Europe whereas CCV is a bomb scare with Starfish against better opposition

I agree with most of that actually actually but Goldson has done in year in year out for us in Europe whereas CCV is a bomb scare with Starfish against better opposition
hes found his level, dominates in scotland because he is quicker and stronger than most. In europe against better players he is a bombscare. Different defender to Goldson.

So Davies is a better player than CCV and Goldson based on the fact he played for Liverpool?

But why did he buy his child a Rangers shirt (full strip actually)

Bit random surely?
As a child I got a Real Betis kit, a Sheffield Wednesday kit, a Dortmund kit, and many others.

Did I support any of these teams?

No. I did not.

Kids like football kits ‍♂️

Do you think the other two lads are destined to represent the Italian national team because they had their kits on?

Coady would probably do well for us, but he’s a lot like Souttar and plays mostly in a 3. Can’t see it, personally.

Have a m8 who’s a season ticket holder at Spurs.
In summary Carter Vickers was a failure at Spurs and was never going to make it even with a porous defensively Spurs
I think very different to compare Goldson with Carter Vickers as 2 different type of centre backs.
Carter Vickers a no nonsense defender while Goldson has an eye for a pass and not as physical .
Incidentally I believe Goldson is the highest paid player in Scotland.

If they both keep playing the way they finished the season, in the new formation, then it'll need to be top drawer midfielders we sign, that take their place.

Which is a positive right away.
Midfielders who turn up after the fight is done isn’t what we need, I’d happily see Lundstrum sold while we can get money for him and Jack imho was only given an extension as he is Scottish, his form nor fitness didn’t deserve an extra year imho.

Messaged my big pal in work in our Wolverhampton office in relation to Coady, he’s a Wolves fan, season ticket holder as well as now a big Gers fan (listening to me go on and on and on about us does that to you) on his thoughts on him, this is what I got.

“I think he’s class mate. Excellent with the ball at his feet, fantastic communicator , not the fastest.
Probably better than what the mighty Gers already have.
Plus, the fans love him. Really humble , nice lad.
The only downer …. He’s a scouser ”

He's a feckin carthorse...when he's attacked at speed he's all over the place, he's just lucky Morelos has been dugmeat most of his time here.

Have a m8 who’s a season ticket holder at Spurs.
In summary Carter Vickers was a failure at Spurs and was never going to make it even with a porous defensively Spurs
I think very different to compare Goldson with Carter Vickers as 2 different type of centre backs.
Carter Vickers a no nonsense defender while Goldson has an eye for a pass and not as physical .
Incidentally I believe Goldson is the highest paid player in Scotland.
From what we’ve seen at Spurs I’m not sure they’ve had coaches in long enough to establish what they want from a defence or whether that has been delivered. To get on the books at Spurs as a youngster is arguably harder than a Brighton or Bournemouth type club back when we picked Goldson up.

On the premise of that ehm.... concrete logic..

Do you think Jordan Ibe is better than Todd Cantwell?

Aye, nothing to do with the fact Goldson had severe heart problems that required multiple operations.

Brandon Barker came from Man City, must be the best winger to ever grace Scottish football then.

Which bigger club was he at? Spurs? How many matches did he play for them?

So, Goldson’s heart condition and life saving heart operation had nothing to do with the number of appearances he made down south and also what we paid for him?
Did Goldson fail a medical with us? Has his heart condition impacted his game time with us, did it therefore hinder his ability to get in his team down south? He was well recovered from his heart condition and still not back in the team that instead opted for Shane Duffy at that time!! Crazy I agree on that one but fact!

On the premise of that ehm.... concrete logic..

Do you think Jordan Ibe is better than Todd Cantwell?
The results of the last 2 league campaigns would help concrete the logic too perhaps…..our right side of defence has been far from solid for years with the exception of one season…..Goldson and Tav territory!!

The results of the last 2 league campaigns would help concrete the logic too perhaps…..our right side of defence has been far from solid for years with the exception of one season…..Goldson and Tav territory!!

We conceded 3 goals more than Celtic this season, massively in part to the games Goldson missed

The campaign prior we made a European Final

So, no....not really.

It is bizarre how some of our fans speak in relation to Goldson, he is every bit the level and better than Carter Vickers, regardless of where they spent time in their careers which is nigh on redundant

We conceded 3 goals more than Celtic this season, massively in part to the games Goldson missed

The campaign prior we made a European Final

So, no....not really.

It is bizarre how some of our fans speak in relation to Goldson, he is every bit the level and better than Carter Vickers, regardless of where they spent time in their careers which is nigh on redundant

Our lack of goals was a far bigger issue than the defence

We aren’t in for Coady are we?

Only link was the picture of his kid in an older shirt and folk then starting up the rumour

Another day on the thread wasted talking about Connor Coady. I know it's a transfer speculation thread and there isn't much to talk about at the moment but there isn't even reports of interest, just people adding 2+2.

Honestly this Coady chat needs wrapped up. Nothings happening. Let it go. Here's a thought. Maybe his son watched us beat Dortmund and wanted a Rangers top? The same way loads of kids here want City, or Liverpool tops?

Exactly. We had an amazing run in Europe last year and lets be honest, most kids pick foreign teams to like as well. When i was young i had a favourite team in just about every country. Its not like hes cutting about with a Montrose top on

Quote from the Sun on Tillman - He recently said: “I’ve spoken to Michael Beale already and he said, ‘Just take your time. It’s your decision’.

“That’s what I’m going to do. The option is until the beginning of June or something so I still have three or four weeks to decide.

“I’m going to take my time because obviously it’s a big decision for me.”

Think that ship has sailed, cracking young player despite what some of the numbskulls on here say.

I don't think we sill sign Coady but I find it a bit odd how referenced his age is, he is 30.....

We could quite easily get 4 years out a 30 year old, it is no age at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back