Official Michael Beale Contract terminated

He was on the panel alongside Marvin Bartley for the Livingston game and I thought he came across very well.

Nobody’s expecting him to be part of the permanent team. It’s interim and he knows what our club is all about.
He will have European accreditation, and will contribute to greatly with training, preparation, with his coaching experience in Europe, England. I take comfort that we have an aggressive head back in our changing room , to create more competitive training too.

Thank fcuk for that, no pissing about, them all sent packing.

What a pack of charlatans that was.

Please please please spend the money on a decent manager, the benifits from the cost will outweigh the spend.

A good manager will get the best out of what we have.

Needs to be someone with a history of winning under pressure.

No more punts please

I've been on about our pace of play for ages now, the speed we move the ball about is chronic and a large % of our squad is incapable of ever doing anything different now.
It's a massive job to get a tune out of this squad.

Correct decision even if it’s a month late, should’ve been booted after the bead rattler game.
Now get the captains armband off Tav.

I’ve not come away with anything.

I worked with them for almost 7 years, still have friends in the club and the text was from one who is still employed by them. Don’t see what he gains by putting it out there.
Wasn't meant as a dig at you mate, I just expected to hear this from somewhere thats all. I'm also waiting on Allan mcgregor and Kevin Thomson to be part of Davis and Rae's coaching staff for the full house.

The concern now is a couple of decent results and they will be given to the end of the season and viewed as the cheap option long term

This place is a fvckin loony bin, full of absolute roasters that will moan about everything!!
We all wanted Beale gone, he’s gone.
The bumping of gums and gnashing of teeth about our INTERIM management team is as sad as it is predictable.
Take your negativity elsewhere ya clowns.
I feel like they must be confusing Steven Davis, former club captain, Britain's most capped player ever*, UEFA Cup finalist, multiple trophy winning lynchpin with someone else. He's exactly the sort of guy who should be telling our players what's expected of them and talking from lived experience in the dressing room.

I'd have thought his staunch credentials would win over the people who really need that and that his actual footballing ability and leadership qualities would satisfy everyone else.

I'm not massively keen on Alex Rae, but he's an interim assistant appointment who's done some coaching in the past at a decent level. Some people just live to moan like fuck about everything.

*Not 100% sure if I'm right there but feel like he's close.

It’s just the worst possible time for anyone to be taking over. No bedding in period, we need results asap. They can’t sign anyone and have to do with Dessers. I think it’s just frustrating with how much money was spent in the summer the best we can do in Jan is a few loan deals.

The percentage rate of wins is irrelevant really if you can't beat that lot

Yes I agree.

My point was more tongue in cheek. We have people constantly looking back at the last guy and saying “it wasn’t so bad” when the new guy fucks up.

If we get the next guy wrong then I daresay people would be saying Beale wasn’t so bad

Did his best? Where was he during press conferences etc at the time when we were all looking for answers? Hiding while Jig etc stepped forward. That's our captain and now interim-gaffer, well done to the board.

Glad real Rangers men called it out at the time and there is still proof of this no matter how many want to rewrite history.
I’m sure you’re most probably right, I’m old and my memory isn’t the best so apologies, he still got us a few unlike many others and I bet you didn’t complain when he took the overhead kick in the cup match. We need to get behind him and the rest of the staff, at least it’s rangers born and bred this time.

I do feel sorry for Beale and he is a nice guy, and I hope he does well wherever he ends up. But at the end of the day he played a big part in what eventually happened to him. He shipped guys out and replaced with worse players and his team selection and tactics were always questionable.

I always had the feeling that he was waiting for that special moment where he would pull something from leftfield and prove everyone wrong, for example, Dessers.

Was always a ridiculous appointment that was doomed to fail. Glad to see the back of him. The board need to get the next appointment right. No room for error here.

Mate you can't replace a guy before you sack him, they are only a temp appointment. I am sure we will have a new team in place but it be till after the St Mirren game.
I get that. I think all of us are just glad he’s gone. Interesting few weeks ahead.

No.

An experienced manager who is currently out of work

I get that people are cynical about the board’s capabilities here.

But my interpretation of this “interim” period is measured in the weeks.

If this was an end of season thing you might have a point - but you don’t bring in “experienced managers” for 4-6 weeks or however long it takes.

I’m sure you’re most probably right, I’m old and my memory isn’t the best so apologies, he still got us a few unlike many others and I bet you didn’t complain when he took the overhead kick in the cup match. We need to get behind him and the rest of the staff, at least it’s rangers born and bred this time.
"No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him"

Welcomed him back as a player despite this but he should never be near the job or captaincy again.

Back