Official The new Rangers manager will be appointed in the next 24 to 48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are announcing this later today got a feeling it’s Muscat and the club have agreed to hold off to allow him to manage Yokohama one last time on Sunday morning.

This waiting is a right bastard.

ezgif-3-ec3fca5e20.gif

Good news, but if I can be a tad negative I'm not sure leaking it will either be Clement or Muscat is particularly fair on the losing candidate and I'm not sure what purpose it serves
I reckon the big announcement will be Clement and as he builds up to introducing his new assistant... glass smashes, music kicks in, Muscat enters. Staredown in the centre of the press room, tension builds... They shake hands. Muscat IS the new assistant. JR can't believe it. Close out the show.

Classic sports entertainment. Stick a fiver on it.

It has just been reported on Sky Sports News as well.

Rangers to appoint new manager within next 48 hours, it will either be Muscat or Clement

EDIT - just came back on, it’s within the next 24 hours allegedly

Personally I will be happy with either.

Slightly erring towards Muscat, mainly as he has played in Britain and may be able to tap into the Japanese market.

Slightly concerned that Clement brings in more (other) foreigners who tbh have always been a bit of a hit and miss in the Scottish game.
You want Muscat to bring in Japanese players but are worried Clement will sign ‘other foreigners’ o_O

Muscat is in the Yokohama preview video for their match this morning. It was posted yesterday. None of their tweets this morning suggest he won't be in the dugout.

Just asking this as I couldn't find an English interview when I did a quick search.

What's Clement's command of the English language like?

Because I feel that British players have that British holiday-maker abroad attitude about them.

PLG couldn't get his message across properly due to the language barrier and you witnessed the reaction yourself. It was basically, "Who the f*ck does he think he is? Can't even speak the Queen's. Screw him, where's the vending machine?"

Just have this fear that his English is limited and the British language demand thing could pose a problem.

His English is fluent. Near native levels.
Good news.

The Flemish part of Belgium generally has Dutch-level English proficiency, but I had my doubts over Clement as he's obviously from the Plastic Bertrand area of Belgique!

Puts those fears at rest anyway.

Just asking this as I couldn't find an English interview when I did a quick search.

Because I feel that British players have that British holiday-maker abroad attitude about them.

PLG couldn't get his message across properly due to the language barrier and you witnessed the reaction yourself. It was basically, "Who the f*ck does he think he is? Can't even speak the Queen's. Screw him, where's the vending machine?"

Just have this fear that his English is limited and the British language demand thing could pose a problem

I had the same question. Someone posted a video and his English sounded excellent. He's gonna tear our squad a new arsehole and I can't wait.

I had the same question. Someone posted a video and his English sounded excellent. He's gonna tear our squad a new arsehole and I can't wait.

He also spent a season in England with Coventry.

A lot of videos with Clement involved, he speaks in English. Even as an assistant manager under Preud’homme. His LinkedIn profile also states; English - professional working proficiency.

He also spent a season in England with Coventry.

A lot of videos with Clement involved, he speaks in English. Even as an assistant manager under Preud’homme. His LinkedIn profile also states; English - professional working proficiency.

Nice one, didn't know about the Coventry thing.

I'd expect the announcement will be a press conference with the new manager. Muscat (who's in the dugout for Yokohama's game this morning - 9am kickoff) would need to fly in after the game meaning the announcement wouldn't be until tomorrow.

The amount of time it takes VAR to check these goals is ridiculous, hopefully technology improves quiklcklyntomtemove the human elemant and it gets done more or less instantly with a message to the referees watch

Edit: just realised anyone reading this and not watching the Yokohama game will have no idea wtf i am on about

Good news.

The Flemish part of Belgium generally has Dutch-level English proficiency, but I had my doubts over Clement as he's obviously from the Plastic Bertrand area of Belgique!

Puts those fears at rest anyway.
There‘s dressing room videos kicking about of his time in Belgium. Gives his team talks in English, which surprised me. He will have no issues on that score.

Just have this fear that his English is limited and the British language demand thing could pose a problem.
There was a video posted of him doing a team-talk in Belgium, he did it in English. No problems there.

Is that a Rangers 48hr or a real World 48hr as they sometimes don’t seem to be the same thing. :D
Any how hopefully soon be over and we can all move on.

In 24 or 48 hours?

There's nothing like a bit of directness and firmness and that's nothing like a bit of directness and firmness.

It doesn't matter who it is, this is the last chance saloon for the incumbents in that boardroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back