Evans Available

Gibraltar Loyal

See Leicester are putting in a bid of £3m.....surely we should be all over this IF he he is available at that price. Him and Goldson starting CB pairing would be good.

He is not available to us, he will be commanding at least 100k considering his extremely low release fee.

Nl216Sq.gif

Ok fair enough guys....just thought on back of extra ST money and impending shirt release there would maybe be the cash to attract a player or two of that quality

Ok fair enough guys....just thought on back of extra ST money and impending shirt release there would maybe be the cash to attract a player or two of that quality

You do realise all that money is being used in the continual revamp and upgrade of our squad and infrastructure.

It's not just extra money on top of a big pile of money that already exists.

Manchester United are contemplating bringing him back to Old Trafford.

I think we can rule him out coming to Ibrox (well, next year's CL qualifier perhaps :) )

As someone has posted above he could command wages over 100k a week probably since the fee is so low.

We should at least ask the question, I don't think all players are obsessed with money when they are already multi millionaires. Never know unless you ask

Very clever negotiating from Evans and his agent for that contract.

He will get himself a terrific basic salary in his next contract, set himself up for retirement.

We should at least enquire. 40k a week take it or leave it,with a bonus for taking us into the CL. Build our team around him. Would cost us around 3m a season on a long term contract inc transfer fee.

See Leicester are putting in a bid of £3m.....surely we should be all over this IF he he is available at that price. Him and Goldson starting CB pairing would be good.
£3m. Maybe we could afford the fee. We can't afford the wages if an EPL club are in for him.

Why not ask the question though? Instead of writing us off, we should ask his agent. Wages aren’t everything, he has the NI connection and might be a fan?

The difference between 100k and 20k a week will be everything, not to mention a circa 5m signing on fee. Add to that he’s playing in one of the best, most featured from a media perspective, leagues in the world as opposed to a backwater with plastic pitches and dire quality.

He’s in the autumn of his career, probably has a young family and therefore has to put the economics of the situation first and foremost. Sentiment might come into it when he’s 34/35 and deciding between us and the US, then we might just be able to prevail.

We need to get them young, when we look like a fantastic stepping stone to a higher standard and untold riches. We are a big fish in a small pond filled with mediocrity, but with the potential of European football and trophies year on year, the cherry on the cake being the champions league.

Story goes his agent is looking for a 4 million signing fee for Evans and wages close to £100,000 a week..

Would absolutely decimate our wage structure mate.

Willing to bet that SG and GM are well aware of who is available, who they want and what we can afford. Knickers in a twist time (or not) will be when the window shuts.

Must just be me but i think the guy is pish, never seen him have a good game.

Thankfully way out our spending.
Absolutely just you, if you think he is pish I genuinely think you should change sports. There is a reason Man City and Arsenal have been trying to sign him, being pish isn't that reason.

Why not ask the question though? Instead of writing us off, we should ask his agent. Wages aren’t everything, he has the NI connection and might be a fan?

Wages are a lot. if you were offered a new job at half the money you could get elsewhere and they said "wages aren't everything", you would laugh in their face.

Has anyone else mentioned the wages yet?

Seriously, reply after reply saying the same thing :D

Absolutely just you, if you think he is pish I genuinely think you should change sports. There is a reason Man City and Arsenal have been trying to sign him, being pish isn't that reason.
I get other people like him mate i just have never seen it. He was nowhere near good enough at Man u, and at WBA he has been woeful.

Each to there own but not for me.

We should at least enquire. 40k a week take it or leave it,with a bonus for taking us into the CL. Build our team around him. Would cost us around 3m a season on a long term contract inc transfer fee.

You don’t actually believe what you’ve typed, do you?

The usual but I think my sister is hot :eek:

This is about the 5th thread on him being worth £3m since the end of the season and we should take a punt. :D

His wages will be too high for us but may as well check.

I can’t believe folk still can’t grasp reality with respect to this sort of signing. Yes we are a huge club but players are not knocking back an extra £80k a week so they can play for us against teams with double decker buses behind the goals. Absolute fantasy stuff.

Is it just me that thinks he isn't that good? Obviously I'm sure he could manage fine in the SPL but talk of City, Chelsea etc wanting him absolutely baffled me.

Back