What's the position regarding non season ticket holding supporters.

blueismycolour

Official Ticketer
Looking at the stadium plan, most area's look sold out, which is excellent in so many ways, but do we know what provisions our club has put in place of the thousands for supporters that live too far a field, where the buying of a season ticket is not a viable option, due to the distances involved.

Has our club designated a area for said supporters ?

I think the club have to keep back some tickets for general each match day. 2500-3000 I think.

There will also be seats made available by season ticket holders via the secondary ticketing option.

They will be keeping back a couple of thousand tickets for matchday general sale, id presume the bulk of which will be in the club deck and maybe the broomloan

looking for 4 seats together please.... :D

I'm a ST holder btw.

But i'll be bringing the inlaws all the way up from Kent after the rip roaring success of last years trip to Ibrox they are desperate to come back!

Will have to wait and see if it's possible i guess o_O

Looking at the stadium plan, most area's look sold out, which is excellent in so many ways, but do we know what provisions our club has put in place of the thousands for supporters that live too far a field, where the buying of a season ticket is not a viable option, due to the distances involved.

Has our club designated a area for said supporters ?

I don’t think distance is an issue I travel 400 mile round trip to Ibrox, and have a season ticket

There will be times during the season I cannot make games for different reasons. This season I will be allowing the club to sell off my ticket for the games I cannot attend, and ofcourse they can keep the money. Due to the unprecedented level of demand this year this will effect supporters who are not in a position to buy season tickets as less is now available for public sale. For this reason I would urge as many ST holders as possible to sign up to the secondary ticketing scheme in order to let fellow Bears take our place for the games in which we cannot attend.

We TRULY Are The People.

On the FF thread 'Stewart Robertson Q&A at NARSA' it said... SR confirming a few thousand tickets will be kept for public sale over and above additional season tickets made available.

I am not aware of a specific area of the stadium that has been set aside for non-season ticket holders.

There will be tickets set aside for non season ticket holders.

The club are well within their right to look after those who can attend every game and ensure that the ticket is sold and the income is guaranteed.

I can't make many games.
The club should sell every last ticket as a season ticket if they can and it makes financial sense.

We expect these guys to turn away money because it might take my fancy to make a trip back from abroad, while I demand a league win and them to dig deeper than ever before.

It should be about income. As hard as it would hit me when I make it back if there were no tickets available.

On the FF thread 'Stewart Robertson Q&A at NARSA' it said... SR confirming a few thousand tickets will be kept for public sale over and above additional season tickets made available.

I am not aware of a specific area of the stadium that has been set aside for non-season ticket holders.
Will be a mixture of areas. Mainly Club Deck I would guess.

It’s imperative that secondary ticketing is of value to the support. I’d rather shift my season card for a score than place on secondary, the credit you get back is far too low.

Agreed, I never ask for cash if giving my season ticket out, if offered then fine but I'm fucked if I'm giving it to Rangers for a £5 return. That to me is taking the piss.

I don’t think distance is an issue I travel 400 mile round trip to Ibrox, and have a season ticket

Unfortunately it is for me and my son, we previously had S/T's, but he is know classed as an adult and working for the minimum wage which makes our 850 mile round trip from Southampton, again unfortunately not viable now. The distance has become an issue for us and this is true of a good few others within our supporters that can't make games on a more regular bases, due to the expenses and distances involved, I just hope we get the opportunity to continue supporting our team when we can.

There will be tickets set aside for non season ticket holders.

The club are well within their right to look after those who can attend every game and ensure that the ticket is sold and the income is guaranteed.
As a non ST holder, I can only agree with this. The club and the ST holders that go week in week out are the priority. Just the way it has to be.

Unfortunately it is for me and my son, we previously had S/T's, but he is know classed as an adult and working for the minimum wage which makes our 850 mile round trip from Southampton, again unfortunately not viable now. The distance has become an issue for us and this is true of a good few others within our supporters that can't make games on a more regular bases, due to the expenses and distances involved, I just hope we get the opportunity to continue supporting our team when we can.

D - you were good enough to get me tickets once for a Liverpool game in Southampton - depending on which date/game you are travelling up to I would hope that I can reciprocate your kindness - let me know idc R

Slightly off topic but a couple of times I’ve tried to use secondary ticketing I’ve been unable to find it on the site when I log in, I’ve had to google it to then take me onto the link and make my ticket available. Surely the club need to promote it a lot better and make it easy to use for everyone.

D - you were good enough to get me tickets once for a Liverpool game in Southampton - depending on which date/game you are travelling up to I would hope that I can reciprocate your kindness - let me know idc R

Much appreciated R, will most definitely keep this in mind. Thank you.

I can see the Club introducing a paid for membership scheme to give a level of priority over general sales tickets

Good for you. Distance not an issue..really it would be a round trip of 800 miles for me assuming I could get flights to suit match dates every other week and be able to afford them.I salute your staunchness.

What about tickets for RSC's? Surely supporters clubs will get an allocation from the 2,000 or so that are left?

It’s imperative that secondary ticketing is of value to the support. I’d rather shift my season card for a score than place on secondary, the credit you get back is far too low.

I'd rather give it to a bluenose for phuck all. Usually get a bottle of Grouse:D

Agreed, I never ask for cash if giving my season ticket out, if offered then fine but I'm fucked if I'm giving it to Rangers for a £5 return. That to me is taking the piss.
I’ve put mine up for secondary a few times and got a bit of credit for the next season but it’s mostly extra income for the club. If a mate or usually my father in law wanted it I just give them it. I’ve sold it in the ticket forum too which gets you face value of a single back.

Is there any way the secondary ticketing can be of benefit to erskine with any credit going to the RSEA, instead of being put on ticket holders account?
I would consider putting my ticket up for secondary ticketing if something could be arranged by the club and RSEA where this charity gets my ticket income from the secondary ticketing scheme.

Tickets for any cup game that isn't v the rattlers will still be easy to get. But all league games are going to be a scramble.

In the past I’ve seen people free up their seat by punting it on here, which allows someone to get a paper copy from the ticket office...

Could someone enlighten me on how it works specifically?

In the past I’ve seen people free up their seat by punting it on here, which allows someone to get a paper copy from the ticket office...

Could someone enlighten me on how it works specifically?
Email ticket office the details of the person it's for he then turns up with ID and bobs you uncle

Good for you. Distance not an issue..really it would be a round trip of 800 miles for me assuming I could get flights to suit match dates every other week and be able to afford them.I salute your staunchness.

Staunchness? Don’t make me laugh, I’ve travelled worldwide to make Ibrox on a Saturday to see Rangers let alone miles within the UK. IF you thought the journey was was worth it? You would make it no matter the cost or journey.

So save the crocodile tears for elsewhere and put up or shut up , it’s only about Rangers not you.

Unfortunately it is for me and my son, we previously had S/T's, but he is know classed as an adult and working for the minimum wage which makes our 850 mile round trip from Southampton, again unfortunately not viable now. The distance has become an issue for us and this is true of a good few others within our supporters that can't make games on a more regular bases, due to the expenses and distances involved, I just hope we get the opportunity to continue supporting our team when we can.[/QUOTE

Hopefully you and your Son can be accommodated within the allocated open ticket sale which I believe is mandatory for such occasions. My response was not to negate your predicament but to highlight that not all season ticket holders are not all within a free kick from Ibrox.

I hope you keep follow following.

Staunchness? Don’t make me laugh, I’ve travelled worldwide to make Ibrox on a Saturday to see Rangers let alone miles within the UK. IF you thought the journey was was worth it? You would make it no matter the cost or journey.

So save the crocodile tears for elsewhere and put up or shut up , it’s only about Rangers not you.[/QUOTE

Last edited:

It was you who started that nonsense, my reply was only that don’t make miles the issue, either follow or don’t- it was you bleating how hard it was to follow Rangers from afar.

It was you who started that nonsense, my reply was only that don’t make miles the issue, either follow or don’t- it was you bleating how hard it was to follow Rangers from afar.

Is there any need to be such a prick to a fellow fan?

"If you cared enough you'd be there regardless of cost" is a frankly idiotic stance.

Distance and expense are of course an issue for a great many of us, come on now! Nobody would expect working people in Southampton to buy a ST, surely? I know I wouldn’t.

Those fans too far away can support the team many other important ways (RTV, merchandise, etc).

That being said I tried buying a ST and couldn’t get through. So I’ll be buying mine here or through the club on a per game basis.

I’m confident the likes of me (880 mile round trip, no car, weans and wife) will be able to nab the odd ticket when we can. Has no one posed the question the club?

I’m not concerned about being able to get tickets for the lesser games tbh. Since giving up my ST in 2002 I’ve gotten used to not being in the stadium and just getting there when I can.

I’m confident the likes of me (880 mile round trip, no car, weans and wife) will be able to nab the odd ticket when we can. Has no one posed the question the club?

I’m not concerned about being able to get tickets for the lesser games tbh. Since giving up my ST in 2002 I’ve gotten used to not being in the stadium and just getting there when I can.

Same here - the season might be trickier (hopefully!) to get tickets, but there will be a general sale, if you don't get something then, secondary ticketing will release some, and finally there will generally be plenty outside the ground.

Only problem will really be the scum game, but that's effectively be ST only for at least 30 years.

Even 50%of ticket price split between supporter and club is fair

Yeh that sounds fairer than the current set up .

I’ll chip in to this thread to say hats off to boys travelling up from Southampton etc , 850 miles and so on, for a league game v Livingston for example . That really is commitment.

Having lived in partick in my youth I was used to a hop onto a subway to Ibrox in ten minutes , and was horrified when I moved to suburbia and it sometimes takes an hour:Dor so now to drive over to games , get parked etc.

850 miles for a league game :eek:

Yes, but how often do you sell it to someone. There are 5 of us and whenever anyone can't make the match the ticket gets offered to a mate for nothing. Quite often there is no takers. Secondary ticketing needs pushed big time now.

Yes, but how often do you sell it to someone. There are 5 of us and whenever anyone can't make the match the ticket gets offered to a mate for nothing. Quite often there is no takers. Secondary ticketing needs pushed big time now.

Everytime I don’t use it.

Distance and expense are of course an issue for a great many of us, come on now! Nobody would expect working people in Southampton to buy a ST, surely? I know I wouldn’t.

Those fans too far away can support the team many other important ways (RTV, merchandise, etc).

That being said I tried buying a ST and couldn’t get through. So I’ll be buying mine here or through the club on a per game basis.

*staunch mode on*

I had a season ticket when i lived in Bournemouth?

*staunch mode off*

but i agree that was probably an exception to the norm.

Same here - the season might be trickier (hopefully!) to get tickets, but there will be a general sale, if you don't get something then, secondary ticketing will release some, and finally there will generally be plenty outside the ground.

Only problem will really be the scum game, but that's effectively be ST only for at least 30 years.

I’ll chip in to this thread to say hats off to boys travelling up from Southampton etc , 850 miles and so on, for a league game v Livingston for example . That really is commitment.

Having lived in partick in my youth I was used to a hop onto a subway to Ibrox in ten minutes , and was horrified when I moved to suburbia and it sometimes takes an hour:Dor so now to drive over to games , get parked etc.

The advantage I have over some is that my employer gave me responsibilities for certain work things north of the border a few years ago. So I can dictate when I travel up and its mostly all paid for by my work. Its even gotten to the point some of my colleagues up there joke that I only show my face when The Rangers are home that week... there’s an element of truth in that :D but its time away from the family and with two disabled kids its hard to be away “just for the fitba” (Rangers first is only to an extent in reality when you’re counted on by your kids).

Even if I could afford a ST, I couldnt justify the time away.

But as I’ve said and you guys have intimated, when I want to grab a ticket I dont think it’ll be impossible. There’ll always be an opportunity to see my heroes and pride and joy in the flesh!

I don't see the ST sales we’ve had as a negative in anyway. “Vinnie” not being in Ibrox doesn't matter a jot to how the club moves forward and how well the team does.

Even for 55, I know I wont get a seat! But I’ll get into the Louden early and meet you all outside Ibrox when the job is done!

WATP

Don't forget the 5 mile yomp when the new parking comes in.

@MoodyBlue1872 on here is London based, but rarely misses any game, home or away.

Cap well and truly doffed from me.

It's easy enough to go home and away every week when you're based in the central belt, but it's far more of a challenge for bears further afield.

I have a season ticket at Chelsea which I haven't used in 2 seasons ,I put it up for sale on Chelsea website if sold I get a 19th of my season ticket price credited into my bank account 7 working days after the game . Chelsea individual tickets are more expensive and Chelsea keep the small difference , by doing this Chelsea attempt to stop touting of tickets

Back