Tav the usual we need to learn from this quickly

He’s been “learning from this” since 2016.

Times up now!

A decent servant but overall a loser it’s time for change even if we somehow manage to pull of a miracle and win 56 I’d still want him to move on to freshen up the squad with new blood.
My biggest fear is we win the title and the club decides to keep the core players thinking they are good enough to go another season!

He used to take criticism for not facing the media after defeats but now, these are the only ones he does so of course he can only say the same thing. After a loss and/or bad performance there's nothing that will appease angry fans so he can't win here.

Hes been off it the last 2 games, as has the whole team, but he's still probably been our best player this season so I'm not going to stick the boot in. I expect a strong reaction on Wednesday.

Makes me angry having to listen to this stuff over and over again.
Get it sorted during the game. If players aren't trying get at them even if it means you hurt someone's feelings.
Players poncing about the park being second best to a pub team. Learn that if you do that you get a kick up the arse.

He used to take criticism for not facing the media after defeats but now, these are the only ones he does so of course he can only say the same thing. After a loss and/or bad performance there's nothing that will appease angry fans so he can't win here.

Hes been off it the last 2 games, as has the whole team, but he's still probably been our best player this season so I'm not going to stick the boot in. I expect a strong reaction on Wednesday.
Be honest. Or does he actually think they will "learn" ?

There isn’t much more he can say, he has been here for years you can only say new things so many times

People getting pissed off by statements like this are looking for additional reasons to be pissed when there are already enough reasons to be anyway

There isn’t much more he can say, he has been here for years you can only say new things so many times

People getting pissed off by statements like this are looking for additional reasons to be pissed when there are already enough reasons to be anyway
I think it’s ok to be frustrated by our captain saying this stuff again mate.

I posted a thread many months ago about this, just looked August 30th 2023 so assume we’d just lost to them again

Most on that thread backed how he handles post match set backs and instead just had a dig about what was said

It’s utterly predictable from him

I think that’s the issue mate he says the same thing over and over , you could replay every interview when we shit the bed like this and it’s exactly the same, we never learn we do the same thing over and over, same defensive mistakes handing league and cups to other teams with little or no fight it’s getting tiresome now

Someone has to do the interview, when we get a bad result it is always going to be the captain… what does anybody want him to say other than this?
Call the players out, question their desire and fight. Doing a lap of the pitch after an old firm draw is great but then go on and put in that performance is unacceptable so do something different. The same approach isn’t working year after year.

He's getting criticism because first and foremost he's a defender
His goals will be replaced when he leaves bigger players have left the club and we move on his need to take most corners throw ins slowing the play while he jogs up

His constant we learn and move on is taking the fanbase for mugs and still some are falling for it

He should have learned years ago same with Goldson
Get both to fucik

Apologise for his piss poor performance and maybe pull up players like dessers that thinks its acceptable to laugh like he's at a Billy connelly show when he misses chance after chance
Yeah, that’s a plan, Captain comes out after the game and calls out individuals in the team - can’t see what could possibly go wrong with any sense of togetherness in the dressing room in that instance.

Out of interest, if he apologised, would it make you feel better?

Feck off Tav, we lost to a team that have never beaten us in gheir history, a team that have fallen behind in 17 games this season and have never gone on to win, until today, it was an abysmal performance, no excuses are acceptable.
Spot on… shocking

Anyone thinking he’s going to come and say anything otherwise in todays media trained and edited interviews are deluded.

Even if he did come and speak out and call out individuals etc etc, half you would then accuse him of throwing people under the bus, he’s lost it, fine him etc etc.

If he doesn’t do it then he’s a shitebag, never a captain etc etc.

Lose/lose situation for him.

Yeah, that’s a plan, Captain comes out after the game and calls out individuals in the team - can’t see what could possibly go wrong with any sense of togetherness in the dressing room in that instance.

Out of interest, if he apologised, would it make you feel better?
Make me feel better no it wouldn't really but better than treating fans like idiots with the we will learn and move on

Feck off Tav, we lost to a team that have never beaten us in gheir history, a team that have fallen behind in 17 games this season and have never gone on to win, until today, it was an abysmal performance, no excuses are acceptable.
Succinctly put...and just to add - right at the point where we needed a win that could win us the title.

What a thoroughly deflating day.

It’s the most boring words in the English language.

Must learn from it quickly.

Seemingly learned %^*& all in the last 6 years or so.

If fan media are there, surely someone's got to ask 'what have you learned from it exactly that you didn't already know after a lifetime as a footballer? How is that going to make any difference going forward?'

How do you even learn to want something more than the opposition, willingness to run through brick walls to win, and desire to be under pressure and thrive in it?

I think you've either got that mentality or not. Tavernier hasn't, neither has Goldson, or Lundstrum. Most of the others don't either, but they will mostly be taking their lead from the leadership group.
It's just soundbites from a captain who has almost zero leadership qualities

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't
Actions speak louder than words and there is absolutely nothing he could have said that wouldn't be open for criticism, at least he's put himself in the firing line because there was a time he was posted missing after sore defeats

Someone has to do the interview, when we get a bad result it is always going to be the captain… what does anybody want him to say other than this?

That's the issue, though. We've all seen this movie countless times before and a lot of fans are beyond jaded at the utter mundanity of it.

If he starts next season as right back alongside Goldson, then we’ll be back in the same place this time next year.

I’m not saying get rid, but he can’t play at right back much longer as we need a full new defence.

Find a position that still allows the team to benefit from his talents, but avoids the direct effect from his weaknesses.

Back