The Clement Honeymoon is Over

You have to take risks he said something in one of his press conferences at the start that raised a red flag he says unless a player is 100% fit he won’t play them.

That’s no use at this stage of the season we need guys that will go through the pain barrier etc.
There's taken risks and then being reckless
Sterling had ice packs on his hamstring fir a few games then missed a few because he kept playing
Our team should have had enough to beat Ross County I think Dowell playing was a strange one as I just don't see what others see in the guy

His side are playing slow pedestrian football. His team don’t seem to be able to keep a shape. His team are conceding goals and not scoring enough.

He needs to rectify it now, not in the summer.
There’s no reason he could get the team performing until January and now we are playing like domestic Van Bronckhorst Rangers.

He will get next season and he deserves to for dragging us into a title race. But he has made cock ups with his team, tactics etc in a number of games now.

He had no other option than to support them. He actually got a good tune out of them until recently but if they fcuk up the run in I think we will see a different side to the Manager.
He doesn't seem the type of manager to put up with players not at least given 100%effort
There's no excuse for it
The auld guard need replaced sometimes players just stay too long with a club
That's why we should have replaced Goldson

What's worse is its not as if they have been a successful backbone to the team

His side are playing slow pedestrian football. His team don’t seem to be able to keep a shape. His team are conceding goals and not scoring enough.

There’s no reason he could get the team performing until January and now we are playing like domestic Van Bronckhorst Rangers.

He will get next season and he deserves to for dragging us into a title race. But he has made cock ups with his team, tactics etc in a number of games now.
Should also be telling the defence and midfield to stop with all the pass backs and basically doing what gio and Beale did

He doesn't seem the type of manager to put up with players not at least given 100%effort
There's no excuse for it
The auld guard need replaced sometimes players just stay too long with a club
That's why we should have replaced Goldson

What's worse is its not as if they have been a successful backbone to the team
I think that’s why he stormed up the tunnel at full time. The lethargy and don’t give two fucks attitude from some of the Rangers players today was disgraceful.

In a must win game as well. Clement can be justifiably criticised for tinkering with the starting 11 but we have a pool of players who should be capable of defeating teams like county.

Clements main failing today was not making changes at half time. I can sort of understand it given we were poor but still in the lead and hadn’t conceded. He clearly didn’t expect the lethargy to continue in the 2nd half after talking to the players.

We need to become more robust and mobile for me in the middle of the park. Lundstram has had his purple patch and is resorting back to type. For me we need sterlings energy in there for the run in so really need Ridvan back too.

What is clear and Clement should be in no doubt about it is the spine of the team needs a major upgrade. Goldson, Lundstram and Dessers simply won’t do anymore.

We could have signed a proper clinical number 9 in Jan, we all know it could have been done. We instead chose the two wingers and cm. Granted all three are talented players but the priority was a number 9. We knew Dessers was a chump well before Jan transfer window.

Sterling is great in midfield and even supporting front three but left back he is a horror show. Again there were left back options we could have signed in Jan. we didn’t prioritise that area and instead rolled the dice on an improving short left back and hoping that Borna would somehow find some confidence and spirit to see the season through. It was a risk and it’s now backfired in both areas.

You spoke about only being able to p with the c you have, so in terms of how I would have played it today with what was available and current fitness levels.

In goals - Butland
Back three - Goldson Balogun Soutar
RWB Tav
LWB Silva (we have seen he will track back and put in a shift when needed)
Middle three Lundstrum Raskin Sterling
Number 10 role behind the striker Cantwell
Striker Sima

Bringing on: Mattondo, McCausland, Lawrence, Roofe and even Dessers as an impact sub for last 20mins.
You want us to play 3 centre backs, 2 defensive midfielders and 2 wing backs vs Ross County?

Balogun hasn't played for many weeks, Raskin is out of form.

This is a team you're picking with the benefit of hindsight.

It's not Football Manager 24. Changing formations takes time and preparation.

If our players make basic mistakes, refuse to track runners, switch off constantly and miss gilt-edged chances, it really doesn't matter what formation you play.

The players let the manager and the fans down. Their attitude.was stinking today. They are to blame. As they were with Gio and to a lesser extent Beale.

It has looked like the team is reverting to type in the last few games. Slow pedestrian possession and a singular lack of urgency.

Today was explicit in this regard when even with the minutes ticking away in added on time we see the nonsense of passing it between the centre backs and Lundstram, who for some bizarre reason had dropped in to effectively make it a 3.

A fucking shambles that the Manager has to nip in the bud now

Do you not think that the fact they have done it for four different managers now in the exact same circumstances would suggest its the defence that's the issue and not Clement?
Well the manager has the power to change that. There are a multitude of players picking up good wages sitting on the bench. If players WON’T follow instructions then drop them. They’ll fall in line soon.

2 wins in 7 games. Conceding comical goals. Sending the team out with no obvious game plan and persisting with the same bottle merchants game in game out.

We’ve thrown this away and the manager has to take his share of the blame.
You missed the O out in your name, what a bloody post

Papering over the cracks Pentasa, wishing someone a ban is no better than being a grass.

giphy.gif

Sorry I didn't realise we were part of La Cosa Nostra

No MORAL victory here PC, shocking performance with no guile, enthusiasm or dominance reflected from a bang average, overrated and bottle crashing team. Pitch-gate taken it's toll?. Running away down the tunnel is not a good look, fair enough came back out, but not what I won't to see. 2 massive games coming up this week, feckin' sort it out!

No MORAL victory here PC, shocking performance with no guile, enthusiasm or dominance reflected from a bang average, overrated and bottle crashing team. Pitch-gate taken it's toll?. Running away down the tunnel is not a good look, fair enough came back out, but not what I won't to see. 2 massive games coming up this week, feckin' sort it out!
Maybe he needed a pish

It's on big Phill simple as that we were playing 2nd bottom of the league

Haha, GTF

He’s the least culpable person there. You can only piss with the cock you’ve got, and he’s been dealt a squad with a losers mentality. He’ll need a lot more than one January transfer window to set that right.

It's a topic it seems we aren't allowed to discuss.

His team selections and resulting performances lately have been piss poor.

I was concerned that now he actually had players to choose from he might make some poor choices. Seems like he has done.

Also, and I voiced this prior to him being appointed, there was enough evidence to suggest his teams were the the greatest at the business end of the season, despite his title wins. Let's hope dropping 8 points in 4 games is a blip and not the norm for rest of the season.

What position was he playing, moronic pish on here.
The PLAYERS let us down again . The back 4 were awful. The midfield was posted missing. Blaming the manager is ridiculous.
He’s got a squad running on empty ffs

He picked the back 4 and the midfield. Borna and Dowell might as well have been in the house.

What position was he playing, moronic pish on here.
The PLAYERS let us down again . The back 4 were awful. The midfield was posted missing. Blaming the manager is ridiculous.
He’s got a squad running on empty ffs
He coaches and picks the team,it was not a decent level team we were playing today it was 2nd bottom of the fcking scottish Premier league the buck lies with him on this occasion simple,I have faith in him at the moment but results like that will inevitably cost him his job

The fact that we even have a chance at the title at this point is a miracle after the start we had and one of the most awful strikers I have ever seen

What would your line ups have been?
Today I would have started sterling in centre mid and matondo on the left, and balogan for goldson

Sunday I would have started cantwell, put Lawrence on the left, and anyone on the right. Mccausland, matondo, sima

I'm loathe to go in to harsh on Clement. Yes, he's made error's and shouldn't be immune to criticism but if you've been paying attention to what he's been saying pretty much since he got here this squad lacks genuine quality and has a serious problem with mentality and fitness. Unfortunately it's coming to the fore at the wrong time.

Clement didn’t forget how to defend. Clement didn’t give Goldson a massive contract when he should have been let go. Clement didn’t think that Dessers and Lammers was worth a huge chunk of our transfer budget. Clement didnt think we were fine without a new CB. Clement wasn’t the one who thought we didn’t need a right winger in the summer. Clement never thought Davis didn’t need replacing. Clement didn’t injure his 2/3 signings he made in January to try and address these points.

I’ve said since the summer it will take us years to recover from the Beale experiment.

It’s ironic that both the things you mentioned is exactly what that Rangers team is missing - balls and intelligence.

I love my club, but I’m not stupid, the same shit players have let us down for the past 5+ seasons. Anyone with “balls” will speak up and say it, anyone with “intelligence” can see it.

I’m going to assume you’re one of those with claim to fame that you stood and clapped your team off the park after yet another Timmy scudding. We need less of you, and more folk with the demands we had in the 90s.
Listen, I was brought up being 2nd best to them, so this is nothing new to me.

Comparing this to the 90's demands makes no sense whatsoever. Ffs, celtic nearly went out the game, took them a while to catch up.

We had the money, we had the power to bring in class, Gazza, Laudrup are just 2, I could go on and on. I was there being 2nd, 3rd or even 4th best, so whilst it was great times, in the 90's, I don't expect to see anything close to that era again.

That lot now have the money and the power and even when they did nearly go out the game, they didn't need to start again in effectively the 4th division, followed by years of scavengers picking at the bones.

We now operate in the low end of the market, so there will be no players anywhere near the quality we used to attract. That's the reality of the situation. We need a good youth policy in place, but as we know our fans won't give them the time they need.

According to Radio Scotland he gave Cowie a hug and chatted with him. Maybe you just didn’t see it when it happened .
Aye long after the game & after he’d done his post match interview with Sky.

No handshake at the end of the game was piss poor.

Almost as piss poor as tavernier & Goldson’s defending today.

There's taken risks and then being reckless
Sterling had ice packs on his hamstring fir a few games then missed a few because he kept playing
Our team should have had enough to beat Ross County I think Dowell playing was a strange one as I just don't see what others see in the guy
I seem to remember gio got hell for burning out morelos by playing him too often. Even the big money boys don't try it.

I do have something productive to add, thanks for asking. Clement sees the players every day in training and no matter how many scenarios of who should play where and what he should have done, he knows much better about each player than you or I do. That was the point I was making to you.
Yeah cause the great players in training are always the best players in competitive matches. Probably how Scott wright gets more game time than his match performances deserve, same with Dessers.

You want us to play 3 centre backs, 2 defensive midfielders and 2 wing backs vs Ross County?

Balogun hasn't played for many weeks, Raskin is out of form.

This is a team you're picking with the benefit of hindsight.

It's not Football Manager 24. Changing formations takes time and preparation.

If our players make basic mistakes, refuse to track runners, switch off constantly and miss gilt-edged chances, it really doesn't matter what formation you play.

The players let the manager and the fans down. Their attitude.was stinking today. They are to blame. As they were with Gio and to a lesser extent Beale.
Yes I do,
Professional players are used to adopting formations. They haven’t only ever played 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 they do know how to adapt.
It’s also against the second bottom team in the league. It’s not some euro power house team we are facing ffs.

People keep saying yeah it’s the same players who let the managers down, so why do the managers keep picking them?

Calling for his head?
Seriously??
But I have noticed a change in his demeanor at recent press conferences that his jovial side is now coming out, a little too much for me.Almost playing to the media gallery.
Cracking jokes, and being flippant.

Much preferred the stern look, and short answers.
I am wondering if the scary demeanor he used to display to everybody has worn off and he is getting too cozy with certain players?
The same ones that get to play week in week out, and as supporters as we know, have consistently bottled it!

I believe that he is unaware of who he really has in this squad.
Who he can really count on, when the chips are down.
Well after these last two results he must know, and must plan accordingly.

The mentality of these players is to flatter to deceive.
The same ones that turn it on, when they can be arsed, but bottle it consistently when it comes to business end.Or the bigger games.Season after season.After season.
And yet others want to reward them with extensions.
Mind blowing!

Yes I do,
Professional players are used to adopting formations. They haven’t only ever played 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 they do know how to adapt.
It’s also against the second bottom team in the league. It’s not some euro power house team we are facing ffs.

People keep saying yeah it’s the same players who let the managers down, so why do the managers keep picking them?
The 11 selected by Clement should have been able to beat the team you point out are 11th and not a Euro powerhouse with ease.

The fact they failed is on the players. They are all highly paid and should be well motivated with medals at stake - but they stunk the place out with their half hearted attitude.

On your last.point - because a manager can only work with the players he has available. No manager is picking the same.players because he believes they're going to fail and get him the sack.

Back