Anyone else laughing at Silva’s miss?

Clearly a talented player , but he frustrates the life out of me . God knows what he was doing in that incident

Not laughing. Boy is a fucking multi-millionaire and how he’s carved his career and fortune I’ll never know. I liked his work rate and effort but his quality is shit. He’s running at full pace too often. If he took a bit of pace off it and looked up more often he could be decent.

Same when trying to play in Dessers at the end. Running too quick, ball under his feet and passes to Hearts player.

Even if a fee could be agreed, a massive no thanks.

Last edited:
I'm convinced the club brought Silva here just to persuade us that good recruitment isn't all about having millions to spend in transfer fees.

It doesn't matter today, of course. But no, it's not funny. Come the end of the season, failure to score tap-ins like that is going to be the difference between first and second.

You can say Dessers has had plenty like that, but Dessers has 19 goals now that buy him a bit of credit back. Outside Dessers, Tav and Sima, and allowing Danilo a pass for his misfortune with injury, it's the rest of the strikers and midfielders failing to weigh in often enough that continues to hold us back.

Last season in the league, our top five scorers got a total 63 goals:
Tav 16, Colak 14, Sakala 12, Morelos 11, Tillman 10

This season, so far, our top 5 league scorers have a combined 51 goals:
Tav 17, Dessers 13, Sima 11, Cantwell 5, Matondo 5

This was already an issue last season, but four of those guys left, so the first task was replacing the goals lost. Only two players from this season's squad have stepped up with similar contributions. We've certainly not solved the problem of goals from midfield and the responsibility for goalscoring is spread even thinner this season.

Last edited:
Not laughing. Boy is a fucking multi-millionaire and how he’s carved his career and fortune I’ll never know. I liked his work rate and effort but his quality is shit. He’s running at pace too often. If he took a bit of pace off it and looked up more often he could be decent.

Same when trying to play in Dessers at the end. Running too quick, ball under his feet and passes to Hearts player.

Even if a fee could be agreed, a massive no thanks.

Running at pace is a bad thing?

We have enough slow players in the team surely.

We were laughing heavily.
He went down as if he got shot and was playing for a penalty rather than just passing the ball into the net.

Looked like he temporarily lost all use of his legs, all he had to do was adjust his feet and tap it in.

Also made a complete mess of a 2 v 1 at the end where all he has to do is not pass directly at the defender.

Thought him and Matondo were the only negatives today

At first the three of us watching were in disbelief, then laughter, than absolute hysterics as the replay showed it in more detail. I have never seen anything like it in 40 years of watching football, it seemed as if he tried to leave a trailing leg to hit the ball, couldn't decide which leg to use so went with both and just fell over.

You have to laugh really, it is what it is

Fortunately it didnt effect the outcome of the game, but just another example of us wasting very good chances unfortunately

Running at pace is a bad thing?

We have enough slow players in the team surely.
Running at full pace is a bad thing when you cannot control your position and cannot control the ball.

First one with cut back, control your run and strike the ball.

Second one. If you want to run at pace get the ball out your feet. Or slow it down a bit.

Pace without control is useless. See Matondo.

No, I was raging.

How is it even possible for a professional player to make an arse of himself like that?
Because he's human.

It's easy enough to find clips of guys like Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Kane, Pele, Mbappe missing chances like that.

I've genuinely got no idea why people on here need to act like these things are exclusive to Rangers players.

Amazing how many of our apparent fans buy into any negatives about our club or players by the filth and are happy to repeat them.

People saying he dived ffs, have a word with yourself

Same scud books that say we can only win trophies with no fans

He’s shocking. In total disbelief some team paid £35mill for him. Will be at some championship side next year as the next level down. He’s had loans at decent clubs and done nothing so only way is down.

I laughed at it only because we were comfortably 2-0 up, his brain and feet went out of sync at the same time.

Diving? What are people on about. He was expecting Dessers to take it on himself and then fell — in admittedly ridiculous fashion — when the ball come over, seemingly caught by surprise.

I actually thught he was decent when he came on. Nice body on view at the end as well.
He was, played well when he came on

Shame he only has matondo for competition who was awful

Back