Standing at games

Edinbear1575

Official Ticketer
This is needing addressed. There is small kids and older people who simply cannot stand and see for 90 minutes. Dundee on Wednesday was a disgrace. Folk blocking aisles in their hundreds instead of sitting where they are supposed to. Hampden yesterday and even in the hospitality folk are standing. It’s a joke.

One of the reasons I’m giving my season ticket up. I’m Main Stand rear where no one really stands however the 2 boys in front off my just stand. The older guys behind me then can’t see (& also wouldn’t be able to for 90 minutes) so they tell them to sit down. An argument then ensues at every game. Eventually the boys do tend to sit down however they moan for the rest of the game about everyone & how hard done by they are. It just makes being there a bit miserable.

This is why my Dad has stopped coming to Hampden games. I get people wanting to stand but not everyone can do so for so long so there should be some way of getting a guaranteed seating section.

People should ve able to choose. Shoukd be standing and seating areas. There is a unofficial one in the BF at Ibrox. In a couple of years there will be a official one in CF you would assume.

Much harder at away games where i doubt clubs want to pay money to install safe standing for away fans.

You can't see the pitch from most places of Hampden anyway

Imagine if there was simple solution, a safe standing area maybe?

No UB back then. Young team prefer to stand.

Only need a few and everyone else is then standing to be able to see.
So it's the selfish weans again ... ps the drum and the loud speaker is just annoying . Guy standing with his back to the game . Never even watched the game

The easy solution is designated standing areas or stands and then those who need and want to sit know to avoid those areas. It’s not really workable for AWAY matches but it could and should be the case for home matches. There’s fans who want to stand but are being forced to sit because of the current all seated stadia.

Away games nothing you can do. For Hampden with the new ticketing website next season we will be able to view the stadium map and pick a seat so no reason they can't label areas of south upper as seating sections.

It’s been the norm in BF for years, away games it’s always the case as is sitting anywhere, my pet hate is the odd clown that doesn’t seem happy just standing the seem to gave to also stand on the seat with no thought for those behind them.

This is needing addressed. There is small kids and older people who simply cannot stand and see for 90 minutes. Dundee on Wednesday was a disgrace. Folk blocking aisles in their hundreds instead of sitting where they are supposed to. Hampden yesterday and even in the hospitality folk are standing. It’s a joke.
Not only kids and older people. Standing in front of the disabled section at Dundee as well. We are talking 5 rows of people here with no consideration for those who cannot stand.

Fact is a wee group of 400 think they're the only ones who matter and that our games would be silent without them
What a load of absolute shite!!!! Some of the people in this place would want everyone sat on their hands in silence. The majority of people want to stand at games, home and away. Some of the mines thrown at the UB is honestly tragic. Can’t wait for the meltdowns in the CF next season from the “SIT DOON” brigade.

Fact is a wee group of 400 think they're the only ones who matter and that our games would be silent without them
Our games are silent without them.

You have no idea what that group of 400 think, neither do I for that matter,but let's not even try presenting your judgment as a 'fact'.

So far we've had you dismiss them as selfish weans, moan about the drum, bleat about the loudspeaker and complain that a guy didn't watch the game.

When you're aiming accusations of "thinking they're the only ones who matter" at other fans, you might want to be a wee bit more aware of your own postings here.

One of the reasons I’m giving my season ticket up. I’m Main Stand rear where no one really stands however the 2 boys in front off my just stand. The older guys behind me then can’t see (& also wouldn’t be able to for 90 minutes) so they tell them to sit down. An argument then ensues at every game. Eventually the boys do tend to sit down however they moan for the rest of the game about everyone & how hard done by they are. It just makes being there a bit miserable.
Get stewards on it. Get their seat numbers and demand action. I’m sick of the selfish ignorant people who are in a designated seating area and will not sit down.
I’ve had to stop going to away games because of it.
And the next person to call me whatever can go and take a flyin fcuk to themselves.

Tbf, without specifics, I think the club highlighted previously that North and South are largely seated - leaving West as standing.

Unofficial or otherwise, if you’re picking seats, majority in the South and certainly all upper South sit. North, further away from West, it seems seated.

Not sat down at a footy match for several years. Why anyone would want to sit at a game is beyond me.

That said there are people who prefer to sit so the simple solution at Ibrox would be BF, CF, SJF snd enclosures standing and upper tiers seated.
Some amount of weapons on here who hate an atmosphere

My Dad got a ticket for the game yesterday but couldn’t go as he knew we would be standing. He didn’t moan or b*tch about it, just realised that’s what happens and went to the pub to watch it. To be fair, he has done his fair share of bouncing about Hampden, Ibrox and everywhere else to be too hypocritical when it comes to the young team doing the same as him at that age. I do think a compromise could be reached with some areas of Hampden, but for away games forget it, no chance that will ever happen.

You can't see the pitch from most places of Hampden anyway

Imagine if there was simple solution, a safe standing area maybe?
Thats a bit of an exaggeration mate,the north and south stands are fine,I will give you the front few rows of the east and west stands but outwith that you can see the game fine.
We managed to cope in the old stadium with 100,000 in it and you could be a fair distance from the pitch.

Thats a bit of an exaggeration mate,the north and south stands are fine,I will give you the front few rows of the east and west stands but outwith that you can see the game fine.
We managed to cope in the old stadium with 100,000 in it and you could be a fair distance from the pitch.
The view is crap from the most of the east/ west

Back