Can you be too old to wear a football shirt?

Can you be too old to wear a football shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 227 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 240 51.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PunkScott

A simple yes or no.

I realise it is different for me living in England that I can wear one in a pub no problem and live in an area where Newcastle shirts are like a second skin, but I say no.

It gets mentioned a lot in threads on here, so we can finally have a definitive poll.

In the house at 5s or at the game anywhere else no nothing worse than seeing grown men out shopping at the weekend with there strips or track jackets on to be fair it's usually the tramps to be fair wearing a top that's not been washed for months.

As long as a team exists absolutely no though there maybe times and places where discretion can be used if appropriate?

No.

Just another one of those things that only exists online.
Go to Ibrox on matchday and all ages are wearing their shirts.
It's not just an online thing mate. Folk I work with (non football fans) think it's a strange sight that anyone who is over school leaving age wears a football top. My view is that in the house or playing 5s is ok. Not a fan of them being worn as an everyday thing

I’d say 30 at the most, with exemptions for those that actually play 5 / 7 a side continue on

Let’s be honest , they aren’t the most flattering of garment and when you start looking at them producing sizes over XL, fashion police should be getting notified (and a dietician

giphy.gif

Me ^^^^^ spotting a tim out shopping in his mhanky green and grey :D

Last edited:
32 and no. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't wear it out to the bar or a restaurant but it's definitely a bit weird spending £60 on something to only wear about the house like many do on here. Maybe my opinion will change as I get older.

32 and no. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't wear it out to the bar or a restaurant but it's definitely a bit weird spending £60 on something to only wear about the house like many do on here. Maybe my opinion will change as I get older.
Hey I'm 66 and still wear them I swim and do 30 minutes in gym 5 days a week,wouldn't dream of wearing them to go out for and evening tho!

Previously I’d have said yes but now I’m in my 30s and still wear one then the answer is no.
Also after what we have all been through with Ashley and sports direct where our colours have hardly been on display over the past few years I’d encourage everyone who can to show the colours again.

Depends on the time and place but more importantly the shape of the individual,I know some Bears in their 60s who can carry it off.

Back