Chasing a victory this time

sheddensbear

For the 1st time since SG was appointed, we are not ahead after the 1st leg of a qualifying tie. I expect the tension will be more noticeable although I think we have the quality to go through.

Legia did anything to stop us from scoring over there, including a rugby tackle, as they knew the tie was over if we did. Its quite simple, we have to win the game on Thursday or we're out.

Looking forward to that Legia team having to attack.

For all the stuff spouted about their defence, their goals scored isn’t far off the low number of goals conceded. If we manage to go 2-0 up at some point, I expect to see the proverbial fish out of water.

I like the fact that we have to win - going into a game knowing a draw is enough muddies the water for me.

I think they will score but I also think we will go through with a goal to spare.

They looked decent in their best moments going forward but I feel defensively they wont keep us out.

Taking the lead as early as possible is vital for us as it means they have to come out and this is what we excel against.

Longer it stays scoreless the more they grow in confidence and the more I shout incoherent nonsense at the TV.

I'm quite nervous about the away goal situation.

Legia clearly don't concede many and I just worry that we are prone to a we defensive lapse in concentration at times.

Scoring the first goal is vital for us. And early doors preferably

I think we will win and would like to go through to the groups but won't be too fussed if we dont. No doubt for some it would be a major disaster right enough :rolleyes:

I don't think we're creative enough to break them down.

I think if it's still 0-0 at HT then the crowd will get edgy.

I predict that we'll go through on penalties.

They looked like a big part of their game plan was sit back and don't concede. It's important to remember they now need a goal as much as we do and if they will leave thenselves exposed at times and we can definitely capitalise on that at Ibrox.

I can’t see them scoring at Ibrox. Just didn’t see anything about them and that was in front of their own fans. They’re a poor side and we shouldn’t have any concerns. Barring a disaster we should win comfortably.

I'm sh!tying it. I think it is bang on 50:50 now. Seen is lose too many of these types of game in Europe. I just hope we get a ref who clamps down on their diving and professional fouls because that was disgusting to watch in Poland, and will give us a real chance of victory.

I'd rather be us than Legia who obviously need a win, score draw or a penalty's win. This is basically a one-off knock-out cup tie and we have home advantage which I think is massive. We can win the game and have the quality in all departments of the team to do so. There is no arrogance about this Rangers team just positivity and confidence and we should be the same. If we play to our strengths and ability then there is every reason to be positive of a good outcome.

It’s obviously still very much in the balance but with us being at home and knowing any type of win will do, I’d much rather be in our position than there’s

I'm still disappointed we didn't push for an away goal in the last 15 minutes of the first leg.

However they didn't cause us too many problems with their own fans behind them so I'm confident of us finishing the job.

It's something that went through my mind.
If you can see how little teams like St Mirren can block us out pretty successfully. Makes you wonder if a better team doing similar would be a tactic with a pretty high chance of success. After all when they create their inevitable odd few chances, there's a higher probability they can pinch one.
This tie worries me slightly for Thursday.

I think we have goals in us if we go for it, might concede, but 3-1 'ra peepell
don't think being over cautious helps us at Ibrox.
get ruthless!

ive said from the start its 50/50 as both teams are a match for each other but getting nil each i think gives us an edge of going through now
i want euro nights at Ibrox of course i do but i wont be overly pissed off if they nick it at least we wont have that euro hangover and any injuries to deal with

I am more positive because it is in our hands.

We must win. We must fight. We must be in at them from the off.

Not playing for a draw, and having it snatched away at the last minute. Not holding onto a 1 nil away victory (although I would have taken that obviously), and being cautious.

We must win. Get into them.

This is the teams biggest mental and physical test since blowing our league title chances at Kilmarnock at the turn of the year. A massive boost it would be getting the win and going through and going out makes me feel physically sick.

Cmon Rangers finish the job.

We need a couple of goals.

1-0 with five minutes to go, gets everyone on edge.

But as we saw last week, they will stop at nothing to thwart us playing.

Going to be one of this team's toughest tests yet, I'm confident that we'll do it though. Last year's run wasn't a fluke and, of course, we still have a manager famous for his success in European cups. Couple of early goals from buffalo is my hope/bet.

If we score (especially early) the roof will come off & they’ll need to come out which will give us the chance to get more.
They didn’t look like the old iron curtain teams so I’m confident we can get 2 at least. And I really don’t see us shipping 2

I think they will score but I also think we will go through with a goal to spare.

They looked decent in their best moments going forward but I feel defensively they wont keep us out.

Taking the lead as early as possible is vital for us as it means they have to come out and this is what we excel against.

Longer it stays scoreless the more they grow in confidence and the more I shout incoherent nonsense at the TV.

I know exactly what you mean by this . The wife says I shout noises and made up words like “ ABACA!” “YEEOO” and “ACKYAFFFF” several times during big matches . :oops::D

I'm shiting maself already. Will probably need a few lunchtime margaritas to calm the nerves :)
We could do with an early goal, but I won't relax in any way until we are 2 or preferably 3 up.
Great that we are in this position, all the same. C'mon Rangers, smash these bastards!

We aren't chasing anything.
We more than matched them with their continuous songs and chants in their own ground.
If we start brightly and get Ibrox rocking we have a great chance to get a goal and qualify.

I don't think we're creative enough to break them down.

I think if it's still 0-0 at HT then the crowd will get edgy.

I predict that we'll go through on penalties.
I hope Ibrox has plenty of defibrillators, if this happens, I may require one.

Back