Rangers/Cultural songs they can’t come near (minus add ons)

Maybe we should sing this instead. No doubt we would probably still get in trouble for it.

Any sectarian references has to stop being sung in any of our songs I agree. It is the harsh reality that this damages our club and our brand and it is not welcome at Ibrox or anywhere our fans travel to supporting Rangers anymore. Yes it feels like we are also being victimized. However we cannot justify what we do by pointing at others and saying they do it too. We have to rise above them all and lead the way. The Rangers way.

I was so looking forward to the match tonight but this whole sorry mess has sucked the life out of it for me. Sadly I'm on night shift tonight and I can't attend the match. I just hope we can put on a show on and off the park and do Rangers proud and give the biased media absolutely nothing but praise for the club I love.

If we are going to sing the seekers at least let it be we shall not be moved or in a world of our own :D

The UVF stuff needs ditched.

Regardless of what it was originally, it is now a proscribed terrorist organisation in the UK.

Its hypocritical to complain that the bheasts from the East aren't sanctioned for their provo shite but at the same time sing songs celebrating the UVF/UDA etc when they are, as far as the UK law is concerned, classed as the same.
I was literally charged with singing songs in support of the UVF, Fathers Advice and Daddy’s Uniform.

My defence was that these songs were about the UVF which was an official part of the British army.

Found not guilty.

. Numbers 2 and 6 on your culture list both reference the UVF.... please explain how the UVF is even relevant to Rangers FC?
Or even football?

That’s not the point.

People believe in their right to sing these and will continue to do so. So we must try and minimise the risk of something being sung that could get us in bother.

If the club/fans went for a meeting with FARE where both sides went with a list of songs that were inappropriate, there would be huge differences.............

"Cut out the add ons, 19th Century Terrorist, IRA and pope and you will be fine"....................I don't think so.

(I couldn't care less what people sing btw - but, FARE seems to have an issue with us being in existence).

This is what is required. Show everyone we as a fan base want to comply and meeting with the likes of FARE would be a massive step forward. There and then we open discussions.

Having said that...like antifa and other similar organisations. FARE will likely only want to shut down discussions and not entertain dialogue as it would show them up for what they are.

Songs like Derry's walls, sash etc are all fine without the add-ons.

Of course there is a debate to be had by the support whether we should be singing them but they wont get us kicked out.
There was a time when we as a support had it as a go to fact that 19th Century Terrorist was not sectarian at all and in fact was not in reference to Catholicism in any way. Other cűnts changed that and of these people wish they'll twist and change what else they like to fűck us over.

This isn’t a debate about what certain songs have and haven’t got to do with Rangers FC. It’s about what if it is sung will be safe and what will get us into bother. Because I really fear for us tonight.

It's simple read the statements from Club1872 and read the SLO tweets.

Singing Derrys Walls and the Sash isn't going to effect us, no matter how much bed wetting is going on in here. Songs about the UVF should probably be left at the door but they won't see us kicked out the competition, they would fall under illicit chanting not the racism (sectarian) line.

Any song mentioning 19th Century Terrorists, Catholics or the pope will see us continue down the racist disciplinary line. It's not hard but too many people on both sides either over reacting or pretending they being defiant.
The thing is , the UVF were a celebrated part of the British army which died to give us the freedoms to go to football etc, etc. How a celebration of that can be construed as illicit chanting, wouldn't stand in a court of law.

How about we just stick to Rangers songs?

As someone that’s sang our full songbook, I now know how much of a dangerous position we’re in.

We need to clean up our songbook and for me, that means Rangers only songs as ultimately, what relevance do the UVF / troubles have with our club?

We probably sing more about it than teams from Ulster do

People seem to be either failing to grasp or simply ignoring the fact that we are not the judges of what is ok or not it seems!

If the club/fans went for a meeting with FARE where both sides went with a list of songs that were inappropriate, there would be huge differences.............

"Cut out the add ons, 19th Century Terrorist, IRA and pope and you will be fine"....................I don't think so.

(I couldn't care less what people sing btw - but, FARE seems to have an issue with us being in existence).
I think political song or stuff gets you a fine ?

But racial gets bans

TBB.

Just miss out one word. Simple

I’m becoming deeply suspicious of you.

Seems to me like you are trying to get our fans to sing songs you know will have us thrown out of Europe.

TBB is banned by UEFA in all its forms and the tune itself using ANY words, as you well know. Sing any form of it with any words tonight and we’ll be cited by UEFA again. Guaranteed.

This is what is required. Show everyone we as a fan base want to comply and meeting with the likes of FARE would be a massive step forward. There and then we open discussions.

Having said that...like antifa and other similar organisations. FARE will likely only want to shut down discussions and not entertain dialogue as it would show them up for what they are.

FARE is open to organisations joining it. C1872 should consider that

The thing is , the UVF were a celebrated part of the British army which died to give us the freedoms to go to football etc, etc. How a celebration of that can be construed as illicit chanting, wouldn't stand in a court of law.

I fully agree with you there is nothing wrong with many of the UVF songs, however its not a court of law we are up against its UEFA and it's their rules.

My main point though is the absolute rubbish getting banded about, I have seen people say UVF songs, Derrys Walls and the Sash will see us kicked out, they will not, UVF tunes or anti IRA may ridiculously see a charge come but not for what we been charged for so far.

I have no doubt the Club1872 statement has come from the Club to try and clear up what we cant sing and it's clear, anything referencing 19th Century Terrorists Catholics or the pope is a no go.

This is hillarious.

Ive been criticised on here for pointing out that we dont know which songs are in and which are out.

As is the way on FF the "no brainers" keep telling us we all know what we shouldnt sing and the club dont need to tell us. Once again this thread demonstrates why those holding this view are "no brainers".

I'll repeat myself. The club needs to start talking to fans. They need to arrange meetings with supporters' club reps, Club 1872, the UB and TBO. They need to get AGREEMENT on what can and cant be sung. Pleading for restraint hasnt worked and wont work.

Id have thought this was a job for the SLO but apparently not.

This is hillarious.

Ive been criticised on here for pointing out that we dont know which songs are in and which are out.

As is the way on FF the "no brainers" keep telling us we all know what we shouldnt sing and the club dont need to tell us. Once again this thread demonstrates why those holding this view are "no brainers".

I'll repeat myself. The club needs to start talking to fans. They need to arrange meetings with supporters' club reps, Club 1872, the UB and TBO. They need to get AGREEMENT on what can and cant be sung. Pleading for restraint hasnt worked and wont work.

Id have thought this was a job for the SLO but apparently not.

believe there is a meeting between prominent groups and club pre match today.

What does GSTQ/Rule Britannia have to do with Rangers or football?

Welcome to the party? Nothing to do with Rangers either. Simply the best? Penny Arcade?

I'm sure those songs chants offend people as well. Better keep clear

You must be kidding me on mate
We need to ditch the Dundee Hamilton line in Follow Follow instantly. We all know why it appeared in the 1980’s.

Follow Follow we will follow Rangers
Everywhere, anywhere, we will follow on
If we go to Dublin we will follow on.

Yip and that pr1ck

You must be kidding me on mate

Yip and that pr1ck
We need to ditch the Dundee Hamilton line in Follow Follow instantly. We all know why it appeared in the 1980’s.

Everywhere, anywhere, we will follow on
If we go to Dublin we will follow on.

Yip and that pr1ck McNee took offence to the word Dublin being mentioned

UVF song mentions are an utter embarrassment ,the UVF have fu ck all to do with Glasgow Rangers .

That “we are not sectarian” pish is cringe to the max ,embarrassing and classless ,get it to fu ck along with the 50p flute pish

see its slogans like 19th Century Terrorist blood
bastard and FTP that is the net-- they are the attack on the catholic religion as it were

no pope of rome is a fine song if lyrics aint changed - but some roll over like its evil cause it mentions the word "pope"

no pope of rome compared to f**k the pope are two different things

Let's just sing hymns to be on the safe side as no matter what people on here will say you cant sing that :rolleyes:

I'd love for all the old Rangers songs to ring round Ibrox but to be honest I dont even think half of the people at Ibrox know the words to the like of Wolverhampton Town and The Rangers Chorus.

no pope of rome is a fine song if lyrics aint changed - but some roll over like its evil cause it mentions the word "pope"

no pope of rome compared to f**k the pope are two different things

that's also on the naughty list. why are folk trying to get these songs included? they arent football songs, keep them out Ibrox from now on folks

that's also on the naughty list. why are folk trying to get these songs included? they arent football songs, just classless embarassing dirges of the past
Really fear the worst with the morons in our support.

*It doesn't make you a handwringer or anything like that to have the view that perhaps it's best not to sail so close to the fűcking wind und understand how serious this is!

believe there is a meeting between prominent groups and club pre match today.

That's good to hear though its a bit late in the day. The club has responsibility for dealing with this and should have been developing a strategy in partnership with fans. Issuing statements and pleading for restraint is doomed to fail.

Really fear the worst with the morons in our support.

*It doesn't make you a handwringer or anything like that to have the view that perhaps it's best not to sail so close to the fűcking wind und understand how serious this is!

I firmly believe the genuine fans would drown out the morons if anything started tonight.

Back