What was Alan Mulfanny doing at the penalty ?

Angrybluebear

Official Ticketer
What is it with assistant referees and their Stevie Wonder impersonations.

One job to do, watch the goalkeeper remains on his line, he is even allowed to come in even closer so he has a perfect view.

All he has to do is watch feet remain on the big white painted line, how hard can it be.

Another one who shouldn’t be let off the hook.

One job to do, watch the goalkeeper remains on his line, he is even allowed to come in even closer so he has a perfect view.

All he has to do is watch feet remain on the big white painted line, how hard can it be.

Alfie could have retaken that penalty as many times as you want and that c*nt would have saved them all:

Was the keeper instructed by the referee prior to the kick. It seems to be the done thing with the new rules?

Posted in another thread the difference between the Scotland women’s keeper against Argentina in last summers World Cup and lurch and how far each was off their lines.

You’d have been lucky if the woman’s keeper was an inch off her line and that was enough for a retake, then you have foster today whose heading for the edge of the 6 yard box and the officials do nothing.

I think the rule is a load of pish tbh, but it’s the rule and until it’s changed it should be enforced.

If Morelos had scored this thread wouldn't exist regardless if he was off his line, what if Morelos had scored and the referee ordered a retake, then missed the retake, the referee would then be a cheating bastard. It was a badly taken penalty and yes we're all pissed off given how well Rangers played today, It's gone now and nothing is going to change the result, we should be focusing on a huge game we have on Thursday instead of dwelling on something that won't change.

If Morelos had scored this thread wouldn't exist regardless if he was off his line, what if Morelos had scored and the referee ordered a retake, then missed the retake, the referee would then be a cheating bastard. It was a badly taken penalty and yes we're all pissed off given how well Rangers played today, It's gone now and nothing is going to change the result, we should be focusing on a huge game we have on Thursday instead of dwelling on something that won't change.

The goal would stand.

If Firster sticks to the rules Alfie hits the side netting with the pen.

College m insisted that Alfie my ve the ball 3cm yet couldn’t see a 6ft 7” Lurch stray a yard off his line.

The goal would stand.

If Firster sticks to the rules Alfie hits the side netting with the pen.

College m insisted that Alfie my ve the ball 3cm yet couldn’t see a 6ft 7” Lurch stray a yard off his line.
Even Messi couldn't hit the side netting from a penalty, he's good but he's not that good. :D

It’s the laws of the game. Of course the goal would have stood even if lurch was sitting on the penalty spot, because we didn’t suffer a disadvantage. It’s exactly the same with entering the box before the ball is struck.
It has absolutely nothing to do with whether it’s a well struck penalty or not, nothing.
It’s about gaining an advantage. Perhaps Alfie saw him moving early and fluffed the kick.
It was a cast iron retake under the laws.
Complaining about and intimidating officials has always been about getting the next decision, not changing the last one, although the scum have actually achieved that on occasion.
So yes we should be making a huge song and dance about this.

Last edited:
It’s the laws of the game. Of course the goal would have stood even if lurch was sitting on the penalty spot, because we didn’t suffer a disadvantage. It’s exactly the same with entering the box before the ball is struck.
It has absolutely nothing to do with whether it’s a well struck penalty or not, nothing.
It’s about gaining an advantage. Perhaps Alfie saw him moving early and fluffed the kick.
Complaining about and intimidating officials has always been about getting the next decision, not changing the last one, although the scum have actually achieved that on occasion.
How many keepers come off the line and how many times has a referee in this country ordered a penalty to be retaken because the keeper moved forward ? Yes the rule is seriously flawed if referee's are ignoring the rules along with their assistants watching as well, It's an issue that needs to be highlighted.

There was also encroachment into the box by other players just as the penalty was being hit, by the book it should again have been a retaken penalty, but these rules are never implemented.

Dick.

How many keepers come off the line and how many times has a referee in this country ordered a penalty to be retaken because the keeper moved forward ? Yes the rule is seriously flawed if referee's are ignoring the rules along with their assistants watching as well, It's an issue that needs to be highlighted.

There was also encroachment into the box by other players just as the penalty was being hit, by the book it should again have been a retaken penalty, but these rules are never implemented.
Yes they are.

That’s all true. I seem to remember that there were changes in the laws on goalkeepers positioning at penalties at the start of this season. Referees were told to enforce the laws and there has been more retakes. It should therefore have been fresh in their minds, but maybe Scotland has it‘s own ideas.

That’s all true. I seem to remember that there were changes in the laws on goalkeepers positioning at penalties at the start of this season. Referees were told to enforce the laws and there has been more retakes. It should therefore have been fresh in their minds, but maybe Scotland has it‘s own ideas.
They enforced it at the womens world cup and there was a fair few penalty's retaken and if i recall, a couple retaken for encroachment. A simple question to those in charge of referees

1. Have the new penalty kick laws been implemented in regards goalkeepers not moving off their line before the ball is struck in Scottish football.
2. Have Scottish football referees been told to enforce these new rules in every game.
3. If implemented and referees now enforcing this new rule, why was Foster of celtc not spoken to/booked for moving off his line and the penalty retaken, something which was totally ignored not just by the referee but his refereeing assistant also.

@Cyberniv
Just had a look and yes the new rules are indeed in force, find it bizarre that they say one foot should be on the goal line which means a goalkeeper can use this foot to push himself forward and still be within the rules, wtf is the point in changing the rules.

Penalty Kick – Law 14

Changes
The team’s penalty taker can have (quick) treatment/assessment and then take the kick.

The goalkeeper must not be touching the goalposts/crossbar/nets; they must not be moving.

The goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot on/in line with the goal line when the kick is taken; cannot stand behind the line.

Explanation
It is unfair if the kicker needs assessment/treatment and then has to leave the field and cannot take the penalty kick.

The referee must not signal for the penalty kick to be taken if the goalkeeper is touching the goalposts, crossbar or net, or if they are moving e.g. the goalkeeper has kicked/shaken them.

Goalkeepers are not permitted to stand in front of or behind the line. Allowing the goalkeeper to have only one foot touching the goal line (or, if jumping, in line with the goal line) when the penalty kick is taken is a more practical approach as it is easier to identify if both feet are not on the line. As the kicker can ‘stutter’ in the run, it is reasonable that the goalkeeper can take one step in anticipation of the kick.

We can all moan all we like. But time and time again this happens. The club do %^*& all to call it out. It’s a disgrace and what’s the point when we aren’t trested treated to the same standard.

@Cyberniv
Just had a look and yes the new rules are indeed in force, find it bizarre that they say one foot should be on the goal line which means a goalkeeper can use this foot to push himself forward and still be within the rules, wtf is the point in changing the rules.
The last para of the explanation, needs an explanation. It seems to contradict itself.

everyone of them shitebags but we only have ourselves to blame same old same old
Not really.

Its not unreasonable to expect the officials to apply the rules consistently and fairly. Had they done so, we wouldn't have been behind, and the penalty would have been a retake. These are not things we can,or should blame ourselves for.

One of the stupidest post ever m8. This "thread" was created to highlight yet ANOTHER obvious mistake by the pathetic officials and no one can argue with it. Your philosophical stance would be more appropriate on another thread and why the fu*k would the referee order a scored penalty to be retaken because the keeper left his line.

One of the stupidest post ever m8. This "thread" was created to highlight yet ANOTHER obvious mistake by the pathetic officials and no one can argue with it. Your philosophical stance would be more appropriate on another thread and why the fu*k would the referee order a scored penalty to be retaken because the keeper left his line.
Mines is one of the stupidest posts ever, then you ask me why a penalty would be retaken if a keeper left his line, go read the rules I posted ffs. There is also no need to disrespect or insult people it makes you look like a child. If you think it's the stupidest post ever you obviously don't use this forum much

Mines is one of the stupidest posts ever, then you ask me why a penalty would be retaken if a keeper left his line, go read the rules I posted ffs. There is also no need to disrespect or insult people it makes you look like a child. If you think it's the stupidest post ever you obviously don't use this forum much
Apologies m8 , it's a bad day all round for me. In my defence I've never seen a scored penalty retaken for a keeper offence and think it a stupid rule. You've definitely put me straight though .

Would the referee not have “played advantage”?

Would the referee not have “played advantage”?
In the woman's world cup penalty's were scored and retaken because the goalkeeper moved off the line, I would assume it would be the same for all games men or women, If i also remember correctly one penalty was taken twice and the keeper was sent off after being booked for it the first time. I've gave up with the rules now as it's becoming farcical.

everyone of them shitebags but we only have ourselves to blame same old same old
So the blame for the Officials not doing the job they are employed to do is at our door dont think so,bad finishing is our fault an offside goal,a keeper off his line at a penalty, and a stone wall penalty turned down is most definitely not.

We were cheated out a Cup yesterday by the SFA Officials regardless how good or bad we played .

ffs, why would the ref order a retake if the disadvantaged player (Alfie) managed to score.

The rule is quite clear that a penalty must be retaken if the keeper moves from his line before the ball is struck and the kick is then saved.

Along with Celtic's disallowed goal Rangers should be asking for clarification on this today as if the rule is in place (and no reason to assume otherwise) then linesman has clearly chosen to ignore it.

Last edited:
ourselves to blame?
an offside goal and a keeper allowed to advance at a penalty, yes we're to blame
We are to blame for not taking our chances and playing them off the park,the Officials are to blame for handing them the the Cup if that makes me sound pathetic so be it

Yesterday was the perfect illustration of the pay off from decades of intimidation and corruption.

Three weak officials all caught out as a bunch of shitebags.

Was the keeper instructed by the referee prior to the kick. It seems to be the done thing with the new rules?

It may have been done when the rules were new/changed. However they are the rules we are not talking Sunday league football here it’s professional footballers I’m pretty sure they all have to know the rules. Getting them to adhere to them is the job of highly paid officials who appear incapable of applying the rules consistently.

This.

I'm actually stick to the fucking back teeth of our own fans basically shrugging their shoulders at the fact that the laws of the game haven't been used FOR us on plenty occasions in recent games, especially yesterday against those bastards.
Same for those saying that we had enough chances to win the game and didn't so it doesn't matter that they were allowed to have an offside goal stand.
Actually fucking ridiculous way of justifying their goal.

It may have been done when the rules were new/changed. However they are the rules we are not talking Sunday league football here it’s professional footballers I’m pretty sure they all have to know the rules. Getting them to adhere to them is the job of highly paid officials who appear incapable of applying the rules consistently.
In such a big game, the ref should cover this with the keeper.

Should be calling out all officials, my old man always said we should retain a dignified silence.That gets you nowhere!!

Back