Forget Tynecastle..

AdiCR2

Wounds are still raw we all know that but the last time we won the title in 2011 we lost at Tynecastle in late January too.

We also got hammered at Ibrox off Hibs, Celtic and I think Dundee United beat us 3-2 aswell.

There's always going to be bumps in the road. Yesterdays performance was our worst of the season. We have a very tight squad and a couple of injuries will hamper us. We need to get behind the team and not look for every single possible excuse. We were shite, Ross McCrorie wouldn't have helped, Glen Kamara is going through a bad patch but he has enough credit in the bank to not warrant a 7 page thread about him and the likes of Jones, Ojo, Barker etc all need to step up, like Polster done yesterday.

Its going to be a tough ride but would rather be in our position now with this squad of players than any other position weve been in since 2011.

Writing was on the wall after our pathetic last 2 performances against Stranraer an d St Mirren
Exactly, you just knew that was going to happen. Hopefully it will be a kick up the arse and we go on a winning run.

I thought the Aberdeen draw would turn into the "that's where we lost the league" game. But... maybe it could turn out to be yesterday!

It's not easy to forget the games where you drop points when they're all so crucial.

Writing was on the wall after our pathetic last 2 performances against Stranraer an d St Mirren
I knew they would get back in it from a stupid mistake and once they got their goal, I knew they’d get a winner!

It worries me that after Stranraer and St mirren we did not heed the warnings and insisted on doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

That being said we need to get back on it. Buff is back. We win our game in hand we're only two points behind. We need to really push on now. Celtic will drop points. We just need to make sure we don't.

We can’t afford to dwell on it now. It’s gone. Just have to hope it’s the kick up the backside we’ve needed to shake ourselves out of this performance slump we’re in. Winter break has done us a lot more harm than good.

Forgetting it won't improve standards. Remember it in every training session and use it to drive forwards.

We have to move on but the last time we won the league we were not on the end of so many7 bad decisions and they were not getting such a helping hand as they are now.

Sorry OP the writing was apparently on the wall from the 2 games where the opposition didnt have a single shot at goal.

Woke up at 6.00 am and my first thought of the day was getting beat

The players need to want it and go out and win the next 3 home games and prove they have the bottle and desire to sustain a title challenge

Over to them now

We have a really good run of fixtures now and need to move on but I don’t think we can afford any more slip ups. We could win our next 7 or 8 games without gaining any ground which is why yesterday could prove so costly.

Pointing to historical similarities is all fine and well but the landscape has changed considerably since then, both us and them are significantly better than the rest and the scum have experienced "champions" as opposed to before.

Not a criticism of the OP as I get we need to put into perspective....however I think this is going to be like the 2003 shootout season where they are not going to drop many points.

I think in other seasons a defeat at Tynecastle is not a disaster. But it may turn out to be a slip up too far if this seasons champions end up with points tally of 90+

No margin for error now unless the mhanky mob slip up a couple of ti

Wounds are still raw we all know that but the last time we won the title in 2011 we lost at Tynecastle in late January too.

We also got hammered at Ibrox off Hibs, Celtic and I think Dundee United beat us 3-2 aswell.

There's always going to be bumps in the road. Yesterdays performance was our worst of the season. We have a very tight squad and a couple of injuries will hamper us. We need to get behind the team and not look for every single possible excuse. We were shite, Ross McCrorie wouldn't have helped, Glen Kamara is going through a bad patch but he has enough credit in the bank to not warrant a 7 page thread about him and the likes of Jones, Ojo, Barker etc all need to step up, like Polster done yesterday.

Its going to be a tough ride but would rather be in our position now with this squad of players than any other position weve been in since 2011.
to try win a major match....lets bring on OJO o_O o_O o_O o_O

Sorry but I can't just "forget Tynecastle".

A defeat against the bottom of the league team who were being pumped by everyone else. All of December's good work undone by yesterday's defeat.

mentally challengeds now have a 5 point lead with a plus 5 goal difference which they'll add to considerably in the next 2 games at St Johnstone & Hamilton.

Yesterday was another test and we failed miserably yet again.

It worries me that after Stranraer and St mirren we did not heed the warnings and insisted on doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

That being said we need to get back on it. Buff is back. We win our game in hand we're only two points behind. We need to really push on now. Celtic will drop points. We just need to make sure we don't.
Good post

People need to stop trying to draw similarities between this season and title winning seasons of the past.

The WS team from 10/11 that the OP compares our current team to had won a league and cup double in the two seasons prior. They knew how to win trophies and do the business when it mattered. The fact is that this current side are still a long way away from proving they can do that.

We’ve only taken 1 point from 6 away to the worst team in the league. There won’t be many successful Rangers sides in the past who have done that.

Very different now.

SPL is at a historically low ebb and is dross....only us and filth are half decent. There simply aren't the potential banana skins for the vermin. Also Hearts had TWO wins this season and none in last TEN games....they are/were shite and we should have humped them.

Also our team then was much better than this one and had a winning mentality.

Yeah just keep winning it’s all we can do. Morelos back makes it a whole lot easier.

Plenty on here seemed to get over it very quickly yesterday. Seemed to be getting themselves very excited on the Liverpool thread. Fair play to them , putting our game behind them so quickly.

The type of fan who wants to bring back Cum-dog isn't worth listening too.

Sorry OP the writing was apparently on the wall from the 2 games where the opposition didnt have a single shot at goal.
The writing was on the wall from those two performances. Now 3.

The players have to get that ‘thing’ they had in December back right away.

They will and it’ll start on Wednesday. Rangers -4

Plenty on here seemed to get over it very quickly yesterday. Seemed to be getting themselves very excited on the Liverpool thread. Fair play to them , putting our game behind them so quickly.
Now that you mention Liverpool, did anyone else read that Klopp had brought in a 'throw-in' coach? Was it on here I read it?
Anyway, Liverpool used to be the worst for losing possession from shies and now they are the best. Something we could profit from, too.

Move on, but don't forget it. Like the league cup final defeat, it has to be fuel to the fire. If it's not then we're fucked.

I just get the feeling this team needs to sneak the league, by that I mean keeping up with them and taking it in the final stages. An underdog thing, can't quite get my finger on it or articulate it perfectly, but that's the way it feels.

Seems the players forgot about the last time they played at Tynecastle as well as we started the game the very same lacklustre way.

Back