Kamberi interview in Swiss newspaper

Translated (by Google so might be a bit dodgy!):

Debut in front of 50,012 fans! When Florian Kamberi (25) first appeared as a Rangers player in Ibrox Park in early February, the striker from Lachen SZ had a dream come true. "When I moved to Scotland two years ago, it was my second game against the Rangers," says Kamberi to SonntagsBlick, "since then I have dreamed of playing for them myself."
It has been a reality since this winter. After 30 goals in 84 games for the Edinburgh club Hibernian, the Rangers loan the Albanian-Swiss dual citizen. «A club with an incredible dimension. Everything is at its finest. The infrastructure is outstanding and the staff is huge, »says the ex-GC attacker, audibly enthusiastically.

But just on the day before the legendary Glasgow derby against league leader Celtic, Kamberi is stopped suddenly. Instead of running up in the Ibrox witches cauldron, which was sold out with 50,817 fans, the Old Firm is canceled. Football in Scotland also surrenders to the corona virus. Kamberi: “It would have been the biggest game in my career. I should have played in my first old firm from the start. Obviously the annoyance annoyed me. But now there are more important things than football. »

Training under world star Steven Gerrard

The Rangers are still training. Under a very big name: Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard (39) has been head coach since 2018. «Gerrard told me that he had been scouting me for a year and a half. He is really a big fan of mine », Kamberi is amazed when he arrives in Glasgow. The Swiss ex-Under-21 international continues: «I have huge respect for him. He had a world career, so you can absorb every tip from him. As a guy, he is in a class of his own, he takes care of us players extremely well. »
Gerrard brings Kamberi and Gheorghe Hagi's son Ianis (21) in winter to compensate for the loss of England star Jermain Defoe (37) and to have new alternatives on the offensive. "Gerrard appreciates my dynamism and that I can infect my teammates and sweep my fans away with my energy," says Kamberi, who was first asked for the Albanian Nati in autumn.

«I want to stay here long term»

But despite the famous coach - the “most successful club in the world” with 54 championship titles and 33 cup victories is still longing for the first title since the bankruptcy in 2012 and the resurgence in 2016. Arch-rival Celtic is on course for the title again this year. The Rangers are still in the Europa League. In the round of 16 first leg against Leverkusen (Kamberi plays from 53.) there is a 1: 3 in front of 47,494 fans - it is the last game before the Corona out.
Now Florian's loan expires in the summer. "I really want to stay here long term," says Kamberi, who has already been well received by the Kosovo Albanian diaspora in Glasgow.
But currently not only the Schwyzer knows what the future holds. The Rangers have long made it clear that they will not accept ghost games. They won't compete without their loyal fans. Kamberi knows why: "It's just awesome to play every home game in front of 50,000 people!"

I'd take him for a 6 figure fee. He's still contracted to Hibs who won't want to deal with us so I can't see it happening.

I'd rather not pay anything over £750,000 for him. That's a fee that we know we can make money on even if it goes wrong.

He’s a player that can improve. No one wants to stick their neck out on him, but I think he could have a bright future given the right management.

Jury’s very much out on this guy. Impossible to make a good judgement on him with the curtailment of the season.

I’d like to see what a couple of goals does for him. At the moment he’s a nearly man.

Can’t fault him for effort and doesn’t look overawed at playing for us but still early days re whether he’s good enough or not.

Big man speaks well wouldn’t be against him being here next year. Suppose it will come down to how hard hibs will be to deal with

I'd have more faith turninh to him on the bench ahead or the likes of Ojo or Barker.

Definitely want strength added in the first team, but would happily have him as an option to change things up.

He could be like a Gordon Durie type energy player and I’ve definitely seen worse. As a proven option who knows the SPL then I find it a risk more than worth taking.

I'd take him for a 6 figure fee. He's still contracted to Hibs who won't want to deal with us so I can't see it happening.

They have already dealt with us. Along with getting Docherty and Middleton earlier in the season.

I like his attitude when he has played. He has a drive that can inspire others too. Worth a contract? That depends on who the club are aiming for in the summer. He will add to the squad but he isn’t barging others out of the team imo.

I've always like Kamberi, he's a good footballer of that there's no doubt. He's always changed the game in our favour every time he's come on, he's a hard worker and a good out ball as he can hold the ball up very well. His goal record of around 1 in 3 for Hibs isn't too bad really and he should be able to replicate that and more with us. It'll be interesting to see what the future holds.

Think we’d be mad not to get him signed as a very able deputy
I’m fact, I’d start him b4 defoe In all honesty. He gives us much more than Alfie and defoe going fwd recently

I've been really impressed with him. Him, Hagi and Arfield have been our best players since the break.

I'd rather not pay anything over £750,000 for him. That's a fee that we know we can make money on even if it goes wrong.
Nowhere near that, he was nowhere near the Hibs team a couple of hundred grand and afford them the luxury of having Docherty on loan again for the next season

Does buff look at Kamberi and think, sh*t, I need to knuckle down here or Kamberi will take my place and it'll be tough to get back in if he does well?
No, I don't- and that's the players we need.
We need competition for places, not someone that just plays in the same position.
Appreciate they come at more of a cost.
I think Kamberi on a run or 6 games would be a different player to the one we see coming on for 20 mins and making an impact....

I’d take him at a decent price. I rated him when he played against us as well. Always thought he could play a lot higher than hibs.

i think it would be a decent option to have him around the first team. I don't see him as our first choice striker though.

Back