Votes: 123 74.1%
  • Gio

Votes: 43 25.9%

• Total voters

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Today's poll is between 2 little talked about free kicks, scored by 2 fantastic Number Eights.

Paul Gascgoigne in the 9 in a row season scored this cracker against Aberdeen.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst scored his in the Champions League at Galatasaray.

Almost forgotten but both magnificent.

Which goal would you say is better?

GVB just blootered it in a pissed off kinda fashion, some strike right enough but Gascoignes was sheer class.

Voted Gio

If I recall correctly, the Aberdeen game for the Gazza goal was immediately after he was accused of hitting Sheryl, and we were all wondering if he would play, even more so when he didn’t come out for the warm up.

I'd forgotten about Gascoigne's, good to see it again. That's the better free kick but Gio's was a beauty too. Sheer defiance.

Is this the first selection you have given us where we won neither game?

If go for Gazza in this instance. He went to the "wrong" corner for his effort while a proper defensive walk would have stopped Gio's.

Last edited:
Gary Neville soccerbox with Michael own.
Owen makes a valid point where he says screamers from outside the box are simply hit hard, and whilst look great, there's a degree of luck in the sense you don't mean to put them right in the top bin - I tend to agree.
Gazza's was deliberately placed so Gazza for me.
Michael Owen's point - reference Konterman vs them!

Is this the first selection you have given us where we won neither game?

If go for Gazza in this instance. He went to the "wrong" corner for his effort while a proper see defensive walk would have stopped Gio's.

I think we won the Aberdeen game that Gazza scored.
2-0?

Gio's free kick at the piggery in the 1-5 defeat was better than both imo. Not that we want to be remembering it too much.

Gazza's free kick is the better of the two.

Gio's strike was excellent but the skill of Gascoigne to go over the wall into the opposite corner with power just beats it.

Gio for me, nearly ripped the net off the posts!

Brazils No 1 at that time, taffarel wasnt getting near it even on the way out!

Back