Lennon Gone, now confirmed, Kennedy Interim Manager.

:D

They'll go for him without a doubt. I don't want them to get him. I don't fear him up against Gerrard but he's a very good coach and would absolutely improve them and get them going again.

He's very professional and meticulous in his methods. A far cry from Lennon's drinking culture and not believing in sports science / stats etc.
Most people would massively raise the standards Lennon has set, but I agree, Howe isn't a guy I'd want to see associated with them. He seems like a decent sort. Unless Desmond bank rolls it that won't be a goer I don't think. But never know. They should have appointed Moyes to replace Rodgers.

Clarke would be a good appointment for them. His teams are terrible to watch but difficult to play against and he has a habit of grinding out results. Celtic fans wouldn't buy in to that kind of football or Clarke's stature in the game. I also doubt that Clarke would want to go back to club management, although the Tartan Army have never really liked him as Scotland manager.

Would have thought Bilic is their kind of signing, but he's now managing in China. Benitez is currently without a club but would be way beyond them.

I can’t imagine they’d consider giving it to Kennedy on a permanent basis, even if he won all remaining games including both matches against us.

The rabid hordes would lose their shit, especially when they’re expecting the likes of Benitez or AVB.
Normally I'd agree but if they think a reasonable amount of season books are sold, will they have a choice?

It's interesting given this new guy's coming in. Will Lawell recruit someone while he's putting his jacket on ready to bodyswerve the sinking ship? Will the new guy have enough time to get something sorted? It's a ridiculous state for them to be in really.

A serious NDA will be signed.
Agree with this. I'd be interested to know what's happened behind the scenes, but it doesn't seem like anything Celtic will want out there, so they'll sweep it under the rug along with all the rest of their dirty deeds, by buying his silence along with his "resignation".

The next appointment will only be made with the sanction of the incoming Chief Executive one would imagine.
When can this be done?

Not a hope, their board have way more sense than to allow that mutant to be in charge of their team - the guy's toxic, nobody in their right mind would want a thug like him to run a club.
He hates us, that's more than enough for them.

They need to sell season tickets the fans won't accept a duff manager.

They can still downsize that mammoth wage bill but attract a decent manager and give him a decent budget to work with.

Would like to see the workings here mate. I mean I doubt they are likely to be skint but Edouard aside (who will have 12 months on his contract by the time the next window opens) where are the sellable assets that are going to produce this budget?

They got some cash in for Frimpong in January of course but I don’t see them going big this time around.

Such a bizarre decision to make at this time of the season. He shows a major level of cowardice from Lennon. He knows either his speech on Guards of Honour are going to come back and haunt him or that we are going to win the league at Sharkheid and has ran a mile knowing there is no way back now.

I wanted to see him lose it at Sharkheid. Gutted he is gone. Hopefully they don't get a good manager. Even if they did he is going to have a helluva rebuilding job on with very little resources now.

Think it will be Clarke to take over from him after the Euros, think it’s probably been in the background for a while, he’s probably identified targets behind the scenes, be surprised if it isn’t him. They probably won’t confirm it until nearer the time towards the summer so as it won’t affect the Scotland squad. He fits the bill for them, a mentally challenged jake with a victim mentality. I think he’ll improve them unfortunately as he’s a good man manager, dunno about his tactics though, he seems to like a defensive set up. Hopefully by the time he gets settled we’ll be 10 points ahead B-D

Sad to see him go would of enjoy the next old firm game more with him in charge just to watch his face!

Half of me thinks they'll go cheap option and other half fears them pulling a Brenda out the bag

I have said this before when Lennon is involved in anything controversial or detrimental to him in football especially. Lennon will try to deflect from what has happened to him with an alleged 'bigotry' incident.

An example is that if the pubs were open he would be down Ashton Lane 'seeking' out an incident to happen to him so as to deflect from the big, detrimental story. Just be careful and sensible, Bears. We don't want any deflection from the story of the Celtic Manager who lost them 10 (9.5) in a row.

can just see Kennedy nosing into the managers office
sits down at the desk with a faint "finally made it"
opens the big drawer and theres 30 snus packets there

training cancelled today as he's at the mirror practising the SNUS snarl

The time for season ticket renewal will have pushed this.
it’s a business ,
the demonstrations at the possibility of not getting ten.
the realisation that ten is slipping
the admitting that ten is gone,
no gate money, no st sales, action needed.
a new man must sell st’s
lennon may appear to be the sacrificial lamb, but if paying him up brings in st cash, then so be it.
its a business.

Would like to see the workings here mate. I mean I doubt they are likely to be skint but Edouard aside (who will have 12 months on his contract by the time the next window opens) where are the sellable assets that are going to produce this budget?

They got some cash in for Frimpong in January of course but I don’t see them going big this time around.

Our fans kidding on they're skint all the time is our version of the Tims saying admin 2 is just around the corner for us.

They outspent us again last summer and their wage bill must be about 25m plus bigger than ours.

I feel cheated that the coward has turned tail so early, couldn’t even stay to see our inevitable title celebrations. Rest assured though Neic there will be no hiding place for you when the glorious day dawns.
Bit concerned though that the bravest man in football is only taking temporary charge at the piggery as he surely deserves the job full time.

Celtic cannot tell lies to the Stock Market. I add their statement of Neil Lennon walking away.

This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of article 7 of the Market Abuse Regulation (EU) 596/2014 as amended by regulation 11 of the Market Abuse (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019/310. Upon the publication of this announcement, this inside information is now considered to be in the public domain.

24 February 2021

CELTIC PLC

("Celtic" or the "Club")

Neil Lennon to depart Celtic

Celtic PLC confirms that first team manager, Neil Lennon, has resigned and will leave the Club with immediate effect. The Club would like to thank Neil for his outstanding contribution during his time at Celtic as manager. John Kennedy will assume the role of interim manager effective immediately.

Enquiries:

Celtic PLC
Michael Nicholson, Company Secretary

0141 551 4298
Canaccord Genuity Limited
Simon Bridges, Nominated Adviser
Richard Andrews

020 7523 8350

Back