Lennon Gone, now confirmed, Kennedy Interim Manager.

Does that help the market price as opposed to sacked.
in reality, would it be a mutual agreement that allows a pay off.?

I think it's reasonable to think it was a fairly mutual decision at the very least. He may have had a few upper-level folk having a word in his ear "encouraging" him to make the right decision.

I imagine they'll have worked out some kind of compensation package as a meet in the middle way of amicably ending things by him resigning.

Normally I'd agree but if they think a reasonable amount of season books are sold, will they have a choice?

It's interesting given this new guy's coming in. Will Lawell recruit someone while he's putting his jacket on ready to bodyswerve the sinking ship? Will the new guy have enough time to get something sorted? It's a ridiculous state for them to be in really.
As much as this McKay bloke hasn’t officially taken up the role yet, I’m sure he’ll be involved in any discussions about new managers.

Ultimately he’ll want to ingratiate himself with the great unwashed so a big statement appointment would be the best way to go about it.

It’s not going to be a Benitez or an AVB, but Martinez might suffice, or failing that someone like Lampard or Howe if they want to go down a similar route to ourselves.

Giving it to the likes of Clarke or Ross, or better still Kennedy is just asking for trouble and likely to see the green and grey rabble on the new CEOs case from the get go.

Celtic cannot tell lies to the Stock Market. I add their statement of Neil Lennon walking away.

This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of article 7 of the Market Abuse Regulation (EU) 596/2014 as amended by regulation 11 of the Market Abuse (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019/310. Upon the publication of this announcement, this inside information is now considered to be in the public domain.

24 February 2021

CELTIC PLC

("Celtic" or the "Club")

Neil Lennon to depart Celtic

Celtic PLC confirms that first team manager, Neil Lennon, has resigned and will leave the Club with immediate effect. The Club would like to thank Neil for his outstanding contribution during his time at Celtic as manager. John Kennedy will assume the role of interim manager effective immediately.

Enquiries:

Celtic PLC
Michael Nicholson, Company Secretary

0141 551 4298
Canaccord Genuity Limited
Simon Bridges, Nominated Adviser
Richard Andrews

020 7523 8350
I prefer ‘surrendered’ personally.

Celtic cannot tell lies to the Stock Market. I add their statement of Neil Lennon walking away.

This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of article 7 of the Market Abuse Regulation (EU) 596/2014 as amended by regulation 11 of the Market Abuse (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019/310. Upon the publication of this announcement, this inside information is now considered to be in the public domain.

24 February 2021

CELTIC PLC

("Celtic" or the "Club")

Celtic PLC confirms that first team manager, Neil Lennon, has resigned and will leave the Club with immediate effect. The Club would like to thank Neil for his outstanding contribution during his time at Celtic as manager. John Kennedy will assume the role of interim manager effective immediately.

Enquiries:

Celtic PLC

0141 551 4298
Richard Andrews

020 7523 8350

When did the media say he was sacked?

Every headline I have seen has said he resigned.

Only a few short weeks back he was telling the media in a very confrontational way to anyone who asked, he had nothing to resign over. He’s been sacked with a large payout.

Pretty sure it will be a blurred line on whether he was sacked or resigned. A whole conversation will have taken place over the legal niceties and promises given on any money Lennon was due. It's probably 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.

They need to sell season tickets the fans won't accept a duff manager.

They can still downsize that mammoth wage bill but attract a decent manager and give him a decent budget to work with.

I’ve said it before, they’ll appoint a ‘name manager’ to appease their support and sell season tickets.

It won’t be someone with the ability of Rodgers but it’ll be not be a Steve Clarke or Jack Ross either imo.

There's resigning and then resigning.

He's been pushed into it more than likely with a nod, a wink, and probably a veiled threat that it's the best deal he'd get.

24 February 2021

CELTIC PLC

("Celtic" or the "Club")

Enquiries:

Celtic PLC

0141 551 4298
Richard Andrews

020 7523 8350
They sacked him. It was only a few days ago when he was still going rebuilding the team and that he will never quit until he is sacked

Just like Broon walking out after a tough question yesterday.
Running away because they don't want to face defeat, had it easy for too long and showing their true colours now. Fantastic!
I look forward to the racist junkie ned popping up in the papers to tell the Celtic fans how great Lennon was. :cool:

Lennon hung on for the money and the Board likely have had to pay him off for reasons of season ticket sales. The pay off will be sweet enough that along with the fact the twisted face of 19th Century Terroristism in football won’t have to have his nose rubbed in it over the next few games, that combined would have been too tempting. Names being bandied about is Scotland manager, Steve Clarke who says anyway, he doesn’t like ‘aw the bigotry’...( what’s not to like?). Maybe money will change his mind.
Clarke is a guy who can stop other teams playing. Is that enough? Has he ever built a team that has to go out and beat parked buses as opposed to being one? Whoever it is, could be just one transfer window away from turning it around with enough money and the right core of players. Of course money is not readily available and the likelihood of getting the right players in is always a lottery. Lennon was the right fit for Celtic. A bitter twisted tim with a victim complex and a hatred of Rangers. Alas even that couldn’t trump the fact that eventually all managers live and die by results .Good riddance.
Keevins and the Green Brigade’s campaign has alas been successful .Now though we can laugh at all the names their fans bring up who wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole !
Walker on Sky waffled on about Lennon and “just wonders” what might have happened if they had sacked Lennon earlier. Went on for ages and never mentioned the one thing that did for Lennon,.........”The Famous Glasgow Rangers !!!! “

The rat was not prepared to watch the Famous Glasgow Rangers be crowned champions at the House of Shame. He also gets Celtic out of the guard of honour as they will now forget what he said.
A coward, bigot and awful football manager who plays the victim and never ever takes responsibility for his own failings. A truly ghastly individual.
I was looking forward to watching the pain on his face when we defeated them either as champions or to be crowned champions.

Aye I get that’s the official party line, but I’m pretty sure he’ll have been “resigned”. Either way, I hope the detestable c**t has a miserable existence
I don't hope anybody has a miserable existence. In football he is a vile horrible rat who I despise with every bit of passion in me. Outside of football he is a human.

Just like Broon walking out after a tough question yesterday.
Running away because they don't want to face defeat, had it easy for too long and showing their true colours now. Fantastic!
I look forward to the racist junkie ned popping up in the papers to tell the Celtic fans how great Lennon was. :cool:
So ironic...the hardest man in football history running away from a question

24 February 2021

CELTIC PLC

("Celtic" or the "Club")

Enquiries:

Celtic PLC

0141 551 4298
Richard Andrews

020 7523 8350

I don’t be seen it reported anywhere that he’s been sacked. (Not that I’ve went looking tbf)

Any links i’ve saw on here suggest he “stepped down” or “resigned”

Back