Jack Grealish

I'm a Birmingham fan so obviously on a domestic level I'm not a fan boy.
If I denied the kids talent I'd be a liar .In a white shirt I support him like I do the others .
Lots of ability.I don't think he will be world class like Foden could be.Also it's interesting Bellingham got a transfer at a younger age .I think JG must have had ' other' things going on.
I was always happy to see him get on ,he did change games .
He is compared to Gazza at times .Jack falls over when touched.Gazza would knock them over !

“The most over rated player of all time”
Seriously? Out of all the players in history that are over hyped you pick out him?
Laughable he’s a great player.

He must be the most overrated player of all time.

He is 25 and his career has been average at best yet the commentators and English fans go on like he is the 2nd coming of Gazza.

He isn’t of the level of Foden or Sancho yet they both never received the fanfare that he got.

Bizarre.
He was tailor made for last night.

England are dangerous from set plays more than anyone else, Grealish draws fouls more than anyone else. Hes also excellent at holding the ball and taking it for a walk, which nobody else seemed to do last night.

He shouldve started and likely wouldve made a difference. Certainly as was he shouldve been on much sooner, it was clear what England lacked and needed. Well, to everyone except..

He's a very talented player but I get the impression that at club level he likes being the big fish in the small pond. He's a bit like Zaha.
^ Agreed.

The hype seems to revolve around the whole cheeky chappy '' Jack the lad '' Persona.

Decent player, could probably evolve into a cracking player under the right coach and better players around him but the hype is weird.

Would have to disagree that Jack Grealish is overrated. Would like to see him at a bigger club than AV

Southgate should've had him in the starting XI lastnight, bringing him on so late in the game was a big mistake IMO

He is an excellent footballer, but the hype around him was raised to a level he could not reach, non football fans like my wife and daughters were expecting him to come on and win the game for them.
That was never realistic.

I think you might get an argument on that. But fair enough, it’s all about opinions.

Do you think McGinn is more important to Villa than Grealish?

Grealish part of a squad that got to a final. McGinn part of a squad that got a 0-0 draw with England.

That doesn’t really come into my thinking tbh.

If you just watch the two players playing football then it’s obvious (IMO) who the better player is.

He actually looks like a woman with fake stubble.

Like a prank on shite Saturday night TV show where a woman presenter kids on she’s a disgruntled member of the public to one of Ant and Dec’s guests.
He actually looks like a woman with fake stubble.

What a description!

A decent player, but the hype surrounding him is farcical. Ryan Kent would have done more for England last night.

England's main problem is they do have a to of talented young players, but Southgate does not know who or what his best team is, which has caused them a lot of problems.
Also, he picked players like Kane on their previous form and he's nowhere near that in this tournament.

He was usually to be found hovering around in front of the cameras in the post match laps of honour in previous games but cometh the hour he went into hiding and let a visibly trembling 19 year old laddie step up before him.
He's a shitebag ponce.
I agree with that. Thinks he's the new Beckham but could never lace his boots.

Do you think McGinn is more important to Villa than Grealish?

That doesn’t really come into my thinking tbh.

If you just watch the two players playing football then it’s obvious (IMO) who the better player is.

Does any footballing opinion you see on here surprise you? I mean, it's only about 3 weeks since someone said they would rather have Katic here than Sergio Ramos. It's a nut house.

I'd have been in the "he's overrated" camp before the tournament, but I think he made a noticeable difference off the bench in more than one game. He set up a few goals, opened up space for other attackers and generally got himself into positions where England could win free kicks. I think Phil Foden is still a better player, but he's also been training with better players and coaches, and played against better players in the Champions League. I don't think he walks right into the Manchester City team just now, but teams like Man U, Arsenal, Spurs etc should be doing everything they can to get him as he'd definitely make a difference for them and he'll improve in the process.

Decent player that pleases the eye when he isn't falling about. As said already, doesn't fit Southgates ultra restrictive system. For me Kane is at his best dropping deep, he wasn't allowed to do that in this system apart from when they were a couple up and last night for the first 20 minutes, caused Italy all sorts of problems as he dragged the 2 CB all over the pitch, then it was get back in formation and they never had another sniff. Lots of talent in this team, better than Grealish, dont know if he makes future squads unless others are out injured.

I'm with you. Hair aside, he's the best player of a mid table premiership side, who's most famous for winning free kicks and wearing broken football boots. Nothing special.

One thing puzzles me, heard it so often … he wins free kicks !!!! Could it be he is slow and cannot get out of the road

I'd have been in the "he's overrated" camp before the tournament, but I think he made a noticeable difference off the bench in more than one game. He set up a few goals, opened up space for other attackers and generally got himself into positions where England could win free kicks. I think Phil Foden is still a better player, but he's also been training with better players and coaches, and played against better players in the Champions League. I don't think he walks right into the Manchester City team just now, but teams like Man U, Arsenal, Spurs etc should be doing everything they can to get him as he'd definitely make a difference for them and he'll improve in the process.

Is he not signing for Man City now the Euros are finished?

One thing puzzles me, heard it so often … he wins free kicks !!!! Could it be he is slow and cannot get out of the road

It's not though. Ryan Kent does the same thing for us. They get themselves into dangerous positions in or around the box, where they present a threat to the opposition. In his first season with us there was a period where Kent didn't score much or have many assists, but he was winning free kicks in dangerous areas. They play in such a way that basically invites the defender to commit a foul, and can sometimes result in a free kick from a passage of play that was probably going nowhere.

Let’s face it, people don’t like him cos he wears an Alice band and his socks low. He consistently tops charts for the most chances created in the prem as well so there’s numbers to back his talent up.

He also comes across as a bit cocky which some people get rubbed up the wrong way by.

Grealish couldn’t provide anything when he came on against Scotland.

I think that tells you all you need to know.

Half decent player but that is all. Be interesting to work out who contributes more to Villa’s midfield - him or McGinn.

define contributes more? Grealish as a footballer is light years ahead of John McGinn Will he do as much defensive work of course not but if you want someone to carry the ball / will fouls / set up goals / dead ball delivery - your not picking John McGinn

Have never rated him that highly. Clearly has certain great qualities to his game but the hype was unwarranted and mentioning him in the same breath as Gascoigne is crazy.

The main argument against him seems to be that he doesn't shift the ball quick enough and he slows down the tempo with too many touches.

I kinda get that, but still think he's a very good midfielder.

define contributes more? Grealish as a footballer is light years ahead of John McGinn Will he do as much defensive work of course not but if you want someone to carry the ball / will fouls / set up goals / dead ball delivery - your not picking John McGinn

6 goals, 10 assists and the 4th most chances created in the EPL last season in 26 games.

He’s miles ahead of John McGinn.

Very good player. Is he as good as the English make out?

None of them are in my opinion with the exception of Foden.

I don't watch any EPL anymore so going by how the english crowd reacted, pundits, commentary go on about him I've been underwhelmed watching him. Also seems to be praised for going down easy and getting fouls.

Rice, Saka and Sterling impressed the most for me

Very good player. Is he as good as the English make out?

None of them are in my opinion with the exception of Foden.
To answer you're question I don't think he is. A couple of times during the tournament Jermaine Jenas said Grealish was a big game player and made for the big occasion....I might be wrong but I'd say the biggest game he's played in is the EFL championship play off final for Aston Villa.

Kids? They're multi millionaire adult men ffs!

He's a serial diver. A cheat in other words.
So were most players at the tournament. It must have been the worst tournament I've ever watched for grown men rolling about like fairies. It still doesnt change the fact Sterling, when on his feet, was one of the best players at the tournament though.

Thought he massively overrated going into the tournament

He's better than I thought but still overrated

Nowhere near 2nd coming of Gazza

Back