Ole’s still at the wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shambles they are, if I was a Man Utd fan I’d be screaming for Conte. He would turn them into a formidable outfit.

I have a soft spot for Liverpool so, LOL

He's turned them into a laughing stock tbh.

So bad that even Ronaldo can't make them half decent.

They're needing to bite the bullet and get rid, Conte is available, Zidane is available, I'm sure there are people interested in the job.

He's turned them into a laughing stock tbh.

So bad that even Ronaldo can't make them half decent.

They're needing to bite the bullet and get rid, Conte is available, Zidane is available, I'm sure there are people interested in the job.
Playing Ronaldo in the first place was mental, especially as he decided to take Liverpool on at their own game.

I love Ronaldo, but he’s not going to put in the donkey work and pressure defenders or deeper midfielders for 90 minutes like Cavani can do.

Do we think Ole will be sacked tomorrow? I've feeling they'll stick with him after hearing how sure Neville was on the matter.

Don't get not playing Sancho either.

Ole surely has to get binned man. Even I cba with him now n I don't like Manchester United much.

Nothing to do with mcfred, maguire and wan bissaka being really pish? Ronaldo has saved them about 3 or 4 times already this season.
They were better as a team before he rolled up, and the players mentioned seemed to do better. Playing like a donkey and finally getting one in the net doesn’t means they wouldn’t play better as a side and not need to look for late winners without him. He played poorly and missed 2 or 3 brilliant chances against Atalanta before scoring, can you really say he saved them when he was actually hindering them before that? Similar story against Villarreal. Even got United fans saying as much now, and no surprise to see Carragher hint at it post match.

Look how Tuchel transformed Chelsea...Man U have the players.... They urgently require the manager to sort them out. There is a cluster of teams with them on 14 points. Depending on the next set of results they could drop down several more places very quickly.

They need a clearout, Phelan, Carrick et al they all need to go.

Just get the best people for the job in, the Solskjaer experiment; as nice a guy as he appears to be, was always headed for failure.

Like everyone else on here I have no clue if he is a good manager, but credit to Man U if they give him season after getting 2nd last season.

Ronaldo is the least of their worries. The guy is supernatural but he's surrounded by absolute shite, diddies like Shaw, Maguire, Fred and Trashford. Arguably the most expensive pile of complete crap ever assembled. He's also not getting any younger.

Still, I fucking hate Manure so hopefully Ole remains for a long time.

getting destroyed at home to your traditional rivals

when we suffered it, it was with Bates, Alnwick, Martin et al
not with hundreds of millions spent on players & one of the greatest ever to play

simply wow

This Man Utd team look totally disinterested playing for Ole, Progba looks a waste of time, McGuire?????? They are all over the Place, Anyhow! Who gives a F**k!! lol,

Man Utd fell into their old trap in the summer regarding signings. They signed Varane, Sancho & Ronaldo & thought they had won the transfer window. Guys like Rio Ferdinand & Andy Goldstein were crowing before a ball was really kicked, my mate another.

They needed a partner for Maguire, so the Varane purchase made sense, although how much hunger he has & his injury problems were little concerns.

However, they went out & spent £75M on Jadon Sancho, who I think is a good wee player. But Utd already have Greenwood for the right, Rashford on the left, & both these I think will offer more goal output than Sancho.

Then they caught the big fish, Ronaldo. A fantastic player still, in isolation. However, you need to build your team around him. Can you build that team that will do his running for him, with the likes of Bruno, Pogba, Sancho around him? Where is the balance?

And their main problem with the team, has been left untouched past another transfer window. That team is propped up by a combination of Fred, McTominay & Matic in the engine room. Told my mate from the get go, even after Ronaldo, this would be their achilles heel.

The engine room lacks quality & balance, the team itself play as individuals, it did when it was just Pogba & Bruno, throw Sancho & Ronaldo in the mix just exasperates the problem. Sure, on their day they will have individual quality to blow teams apart at times, but not enough over a 60 game season.

They thought Ronaldo would get them the title & the Champions League. I think all he'll do is get Ole the sack.
Ronaldo is only problem if you don’t fix the engine room. But it’s not like the midfield was a serious fine running engine to start with. Ronaldo or not the problem remains.
Pogba suits himself on what type of shift he will or more likely won’t put in. A shame as he could go along way to fixing their problems.
Fred is a waste of space. Maybe he’s just not suited to the role OGS wants him in. That being the case they could maybe offer him a job in catering or as a cleaner.
Maguire. Another who can have great days but he looks lost at Man U. Needs a solid CB next to him.
I don’t rate Lingard and Rashford I could leave out.

Nope, the board will never sack him.

He doesn’t argue about money, he doesn’t moan about players he’s given and he’s cheap.
A success for the board at Man United is just champions league qualification, Ole will be cheaper to sack if they fail to qualify

He was a good shout as a caretaker but a club of that stature should have been chasing better in the long term. Having said that it didn't work out for Van Gaal or the Special One either. Next up Brenda...what an entertaining circus that could be.
Am I not right in thinking they didn’t make their own signings? If you’re bringing in a guy like LvG or JM then you have to be sure you either have a top DoF who understands what the team needs and what the manager needs or you let the manager sign the players.
I seem to remember Jose not being desperate to sign Pogba and he was asking for a CB and a winger (definitely a CB 99% sure the other was a winger). He ended up getting a RB and after they sack him they signed a CB for £80m. Ironically only a couple of months earlier in that transfer window Man U considered £70m as over the top for Maguire.
In fairness to LvG and JM they both won silverware at Man U.

Lost a bit of respect for Neville earlier. What is the point in having him as a pundit on Man Utd games if he won’t give an honest opinion? He's in total denial and won't accept any sort of criticism of his mate.

He's sat there saying they won't make a change because of the 'bad' experience with Mourinho. The guy who won the Europa cup, League Cup and finished 2nd with a squad far worse than this. But he'd stick with Ole because he's a 'good' fit for the club, winning feck all after 3 years.

You could sense Souness and jamie Carragher were getting frustrated with him.

I genuinely can’t think of a single quality he has that made him a candidate for the job, other than being a sound bloke who won’t kick up a fuss.
Would he have got anywhere near that job had he not played for them? Not a chance. I'm interested in something else on all this, and it's about David Moyes: was Moyes given the time needed, and would he have succeeded eventually? I rate Moyes; he may not come with the glitz, but arguably he would have been worth giving more time, considering the merry go round they've been on since his departure.

Would he have got anywhere near that job had he not played for them? Not a chance. I'm interested in something else on all this, and it's about David Moyes: was Moyes given the time needed, and would he have succeeded eventually? I rate Moyes; he may not come with the glitz, but arguably he would have been worth giving more time, considering the merry go round they've been on since his departure.

Following Fergie was always going to be an impossible task. I think it was just bad timing for Moyes. He proved for years at Everton that he's a top manager and he's doing it again with West Ham.

I agree, mate!.

I agree, mate!.
United fans really hate him n’all. I think they were just so hard on him when he was there they outright refuse to believe he’s a good manager, in spite doing well with Everton over a long period of time and having now transformed West Ham. And in spite of the fact their most glamorous names spent fortunes upon fortunes and really didn’t improve the side a whole lot more than where Moyes had them.

Like everyone else on here I have no clue if he is a good manager, but credit to Man U if they give him season after getting 2nd last season.
Memory might be playing tricks but didn’t Liverpool sack Rodgers after getting second place or was that the following season? The change moved them forward
Following Fergie was always going to be an impossible task. I think it was just bad timing for Moyes. He proved for years at Everton that he's a top manager and he's doing it again with West Ham.
moyes wasn’t backed in the transfer market.

Its going to be difficult to keep going if this form continues but really hes been let down by horrendous, repeat mistakes by flop players - Pogba, WB, Maguire. Hes also got limited options to change them after years of hopeless transfers leaving reserves like Matic, Bailley, Fred etc as options.

OGS tactics are taking pelters but really when players go out and do stupid stuff on the pitch as so many Man Utd players have done and are doing Im not sure another manager would do much better. Theyre a 1000 miles away from Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City but will finish 4th come the end of the season. Given they cant do any better than that on the players they have what is the gain by sacking him and bringing in someone else to finish 4th?

We are talking 10+ years of hopeless wastage in the transfer market and 1/2 job rebuilds that reboot every 2/3 years, its a total mess. Theyre in very much the same place as Arsenal with the same problems being caused by the same mistakes.

Two giants of English Football who have taken terminal tumbles.

Am I not right in thinking they didn’t make their own signings? If you’re bringing in a guy like LvG or JM then you have to be sure you either have a top DoF who understands what the team needs and what the manager needs or you let the manager sign the players.
I seem to remember Jose not being desperate to sign Pogba and he was asking for a CB and a winger (definitely a CB 99% sure the other was a winger). He ended up getting a RB and after they sack him they signed a CB for £80m. Ironically only a couple of months earlier in that transfer window Man U considered £70m as over the top for Maguire.
In fairness to LvG and JM they both won silverware at Man U.
I wasn't being critical of those two managers as I think you are correct in saying that they weren't given the best of hands to play with by their board. That being the case whoever they bring in now, if they bother to change, will need to be given much more autonomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back