11 yellow cards tonight

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
5 for us and 6 for them, one of which was a second yellow. If not for the linesman Sands would have had the same fate.

Referee was as hopeless as any I've seen for a while, his lecture of Tavernier in the first half for pointing out their player was only 5 yards away from a free kick summed him up.

Have we anyone 1 booking away from a suspension already?

5 for us and 6 for them, one of which was a second yellow. If not for the linesman Sands would have had the same fate.

Referee was as hopeless as any I've seen for a while, his lecture of Tavernier in the first half for pointing out their player was only 5 yards away from a free kick summed him up.

The guy was an ego maniac........

Everyman and his dog saw it was never the correct distance away to the point even the ref surely realised he was wrong...But he didn't do a thing because he'd be seen to be weak.

Some truly baffling calls tonight and luckily we won otherwise there would be a few interesting talking points.

VAR would have saved Sands

saying that a Greek ref...check his balance!

Greek refs don't typically get big games in their domestic league and it showed.

He's actually been doing some games in Saudi Arabia recently.

One of the most bizarre moments I've seen in football. Not only giving a second booking to Sands for taking a ball perfectly cleanly but then reversing it making him look even more of an inept fool. How he's managed to earn the right to ref that game i will never know. Absolute incompetence, and could have be costly.

Sands and Lawrence got booked in both legs.

The guy last week, Clancy at the weekend and then this guy tonight. Some run of it. Shocking tonight with the one saving grace being that he listened to his assistant and changed his mind on Sands.

What would have happened if we’d lost with the guy who was booked twice still on the park (or even if he’d scored the winner).

Do we just think he was booked but actually wasn’t or had the ref forgot to write his name on his card?

I try and defend refs but this one really looked as if he was struggling. Maybe Scottish refs aren't the worst after all.

What was the Lawrence booking all about?

Their man Amani chops down Kent (I think) on the half way line in second half and the ref booked Lawrence instantly – I couldn’t work out if I missed something.

Lawrence was in his face demanding the USG player was booked (rightly it was foul after foul) so the ref booked him for his 'cheek'. He allowed the USG players to scream in his face tho with impunity.

He’d fit in well with the SFA’s officials. Genuinely thought we’d have a Vince McMahon or Scooby Doo moment where he pulled his mask off and it was Clancy.

it-was-me-austin.gif

Sands and Lawrence both booked twice. Yellow in the next game and they’ll miss Eindhoven leg. All bookings are dropped after the playoff rounds.

Seemed content letting them time waste from the 1st 10 minutes of the game till they realised they where humped then turned his attention to us pronto. Shite ref.

What was the Lawrence booking all about?

Their man Amani chops down Kent (I think) on the half way line in second half and the ref booked Lawrence instantly – I couldn’t work out if I missed something.
Was that a booking for Lawrence, I just took it as the ref wiping out the yellow card and holding it up although he did it right at Lawrence

As bad as he was tonight. Our old friends domestically in the home game vs Hibs and away OF win with Katics’ winner at the filth were worse, but that tonight was right up there with incompetency

Disgusting refereeing standard for a game of such magnitude

Back