14 years ago today

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Nacho Novo scored his first competitive goal for Rangers, an away goal in a Champions League qualifier in Moscow.

Over the next 6 years, he played and scored in every tournament we played in. He scored the goal that won the league. He scored the goal that won the Scottish Cup. He scored to take us into the Champions League groups. He scored the penalty to take us into a Euro final. He scored 6 times against Celtic.

He played as a striker. As a winger. As a first team regular. As a super sub.

He gave the club his every effort for every minute out there. He fell in love with Rangers, and Rangers fell in love with him.

14 years later, he has had a major health scare. He has been abused and threatened by the forces of evil. But nothing will stop him telling the world he loves our club, and always will.

Not the greatest player in those 14 years. But no heart has beaten more proudly at being called a Ranger.

14 years later, a wee tribute to a great wee guy.

I think Novo, as much as he's loved by us, is actually pretty under rated. Scored goals in a lot of big games for us and if not for him would we have got to the uefa cup final? Scored against red star at Ibrox, scored the equaliser at panathinaikos and obviously the winning penalty in the semi. Scored his share against the tims and a screamer in the cup final against falkirk. Wee man ran himself into the ground and clearly loved playing for the rangers. Legend in my book and a better player than a lot will give him credit for.

I love novo and it gives me every chance to post this pic of him in the district bar

2vxnhas.jpg

Nacho Novo scored his first competitive goal for Rangers, an away goal in a Champions League qualifier in Moscow.

Over the next 6 years, he played and scored in every tournament we played in. He scored the goal that won the league. He scored the goal that won the Scottish Cup. He scored to take us into the Champions League groups. He scored the penalty to take us into a Euro final. He scored 6 times against Celtic.

He played as a striker. As a winger. As a first team regular. As a super sub.

He gave the club his every effort for every minute out there. He fell in love with Rangers, and Rangers fell in love with him.

14 years later, he has had a major health scare. He has been abused and threatened by the forces of evil. But nothing will stop him telling the world he loves our club, and always will.

Not the greatest player in those 14 years. But no heart has beaten more proudly at being called a Ranger.

14 years later, a wee tribute to a great wee guy.
Thanks bud I've a wee tear reading that sentiments exactly not the greatest ever but oh he would bleed blue blood,lovely post mate thank you !mi. Mucho gusto nacho Novo

As posted above. Not the greatest ever but by f*ck you need guys like him in your team. Never less than 100%
So glad you said no Nacho.

Brilliant post, great words and no truer, the guy is and will forever be a legend and he bleeds red, white and blue

He's one of the few ex players you will see sitting with fans at games.Not many of those born and bred Rangers fans who played for us do that.

Great striker for getting you a big goal in a big game. The best illustration of his value was the cup final v Falkirk where he replaced that lazy, fat Cnut Boyd when Boyd had done absolutely nothing for 45 mins. Falkirk bossing the game until then, wee Nacho takes 35 seconds to think “fcuk this” and lets rip with THAT screamer. And of course who else could have scored the winner on Helicopter Sunday?

Love Novo one of his best goals was the volley at the piggery but gets overlooked because of the result.

Love Novo one of his best goals was the volley at the piggery but gets overlooked because of the result.

Same with his goal against Sevilla.

That goal at the Piggery though was probably the best celebration I've ever been part of. At least one of them. Place went fucking wild.

Not sure if I can explain the way I think of it, but in my mind he is a Rangers hero as opposed to a Rangers legend.

I know what you mean, some dont agree that he is a 'legend' and I get that when you consider the likes of Greig, Hubbard etc but to a lot of young(ish) fans he would be a hero.

I think he was instrumental enough in big matches to go down as a club legend.

Good player and a great Ranger, and a gent into the bargain. Great tribute OP.

As mentioned above, I actually thought he was really underrated, the very fact he scored some hugely important goals for us regularly says it all, you could rely on him to do the business in Europe, against the mhanks, cup finals etc, that’s very rare in a player.

Never met him, but I fùcking love that wee guy.
I met him when he first came over to Raith Rovers, I was in Kirkcaldy training my youth team and Nacho turned up with my pal (Stewartie) who was involved with Raith and was showing him around, introduced me to wee Nancho who knew very little english, little did i know that he would go onto to be a legend after he left Raith for Dundee then came to us, the wee man loves us.

Back