15 goals in 9 games?

The Goal Machine

I pointed this out before you can talk all you like about defensive mistakes but if you keep creating chances and fail to score the pressure on the defence and the team increases specially defending slim leads.

Last season we found it easy, fours, fives, eight even ,this season the polar opposite. It catches up with you.

I still think we need to stop making so many changes, I appreciate a lot out of our control in some cases, we need to settle down.

But solving our goal scoring problem is a must.

I'm forced to agree. We are not scoring the chances we create. We didn't play out the full 90 today and if we had we probably would have won. But with a two goal cushion you get away with such lapses and I'm sure we had lapses last seasons but it didn't matter as the game was already won. In the Scottish league it's probably easier to put the game to bed by 3 goals than it is to play at full pelt for 90 minutes.
The bottom line is we aren't scoring enough goals. Pretty fundamental

And 7 came in two games against Ross county and livi . Rangers should be averaging between 2-3 goals a game. Right now we need a clean sheet to win a game

18 in 15 if you include Europe. We are far too slow moving the ball forward and in the final third and this is now a serious problem.
There was a moment late on and we were going forward at pace.One sideways pass and the momentum was lost.
Anyone who went to the training day would have seen the quick passing and getting players in the box that we worked on.God knows where it was today

We are a really really boring team to watch this season . We seem to stagger to the end of games and haven’t put teams away

Hopefully changes soon.

Back