1898/99 league winners medal (wee update)

earnger

A wee while back I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Rangers league winners medal from 1898/99.
I have now had a smaller copy made of the medal so thought I would share. The copy is deliberately smaller so it can be worn on a chain. I intend to get a full size copy done in the coming months.
63skn7.jpg

kb4pjl.jpg

rr3wyb.jpg

A wee while back I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Rangers league winners medal from 1898/99.
I have now had a smaller copy made of the medal so thought I would share. The copy is deliberately smaller so it can be worn on a chain. I intend to get a full size copy done in the coming months.
kb4pjl.jpg

rr3wyb.jpg
Why or have I missed something?

Stupid question but does the league still hand out medals like that. Or is just the ones with the sponsors logo on them.

Why or have I missed something?[/QU
That's class mate, what is the story behind it?
Someone posted on here a few months back that this medal won by Rangers player A Sharp was for sale . I followed the link and managed to do a deal with the seller on the understanding that if the club wanted to borrow it for display then I would lend it. It is significant as this was the season Rangers won all league games. There cant be many of these about. I have a collection of memorabilia in my Bear hut so wanted a copy to create a display with a bit info on the medal and the team of that year. That's the reason I had the smaller copy done. Sent pictures to a jeweller in Turkey and they made the copy from said pictures in 18ct gold. I was there on holiday last week and picked it up. Just thought id share .

Unique piece of world football history.
The men who were awarded those medals to this day are the only players to go through an entire top flight season in a major league and not drop a single point.

Brilliant thing to own.

And something the club museum, whenever it happens, should proudly be displaying to the world.

Someone posted on here a few months back that this medal won by Rangers player A Sharp was for sale . I followed the link and managed to do a deal with the seller on the understanding that if the club wanted to borrow it for display then I would lend it. It is significant as this was the season Rangers won all league games. There cant be many of these about. I have a collection of memorabilia in my Bear hut so wanted a copy to create a display with a bit info on the medal and the team of that year. That's the reason I had the smaller copy done. Sent pictures to a jeweller in Turkey and they made the copy from said pictures in 18ct gold. I was there on holiday last week and picked it up. Just thought id share .
Outstanding.
All pieces of our history be it physical, with your memorabilia, or whether pictures in the classic thread should be kept for future generations.

Would love to see your full catalogue of memorabia, You must have some collection.

Tremendous mate, cracking piece of history there.

OP....it belonged to my brother, big D.
It's a fantastic piece. I know he didn't want to part with it but needs must unfortunately.
He was just relieved it went to a proper Bear. He didn't want to sell to a "collector" and had made his mind up as soon as you'd contacted him. Hence removing it from Ebay.
Enjoy buddy. It really is a magnificent item.

Unique piece of world football history.
The men who were awarded those medals to this day are the only players to go through an entire top flight season in a major league and not drop a single point.

Brilliant thing to own.

And something the club museum, whenever it happens, should proudly be displaying to the world.
An achievement that is unlikely to ever be matched.

A fantastic item to have too.

Great story. It makes you wonder how many priceless pieces of Rangers history are lying in peoples lofts or cupboards. There’s bound to be older folk with stuff like that in their possession that don’t even know the significance, maybe have been down a couple of times and the story behind it lost. Makes you wonder.

Last edited:
OP....it belonged to my brother, big D.
It's a fantastic piece. I know he didn't want to part with it but needs must unfortunately.
He was just relieved it went to a proper Bear. He didn't want to sell to a "collector" and had made his mind up as soon as you'd contacted him. Hence removing it from Ebay.
Enjoy buddy. It really is a magnificent item.
Your brother was a gentleman and a true Bear. He could have possibly made more money but chose not to. Not enough people like him in the world these days. Please pass on my regards.

Back