Archive 2021/22 Official Bundesliga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked it on BT especially the Friday night matches. Good that it’s still on TV.

BT is becoming worse value every season. The only thing I will watch on it now is our European games and the odd PL game.
I can honestly say I wouldn't have it, if wasn't part of my cheap package.

Outside of the European competitions it is pointless 90% of the time.

I’m glad it’s still being televised, but a bit gutted their won’t be as many matches - some cnut get Serie A sorted now - ideally BT!.

Will probably play second fiddle to women's football sadly
A Rangers Europea League win is apparently less important than a Chelsea result in the women's champions league according to the BBC these days. I'm absolutely sick of it, they are trying to manufacture demand by pumping up the supply.

Last edited:
I can honestly say I wouldn't have it, if wasn't part of my cheap package.

Outside of the European competitions it is pointless 90% of the time.
I’m hoping BT go for Serie A at least, a bit gutted Bundesliga has changed to sky because there will be less games but just glad it’s on tele.

Has to be said mind if Lewandowski and Haaland did leave, you’d be surprised if they were both in Germany next season, then it’s popularity and market value tv wise will continue to drop. 9 titles in a row for Bayern if they win this one I think (10 even after checking).

Yeah, BT would definitely have had 4 on live the first weekend. To be fair a fair few games in Bundesliga clash with the blackout - why Bundesliga 2 is a good option, especially with so many big Clubs in it this season - the Saturday night matches that are fixed for the opening part of the season feature huge Clubs. Premier show all kinds of la liga stuff, from analysis to previews and a weekly highlights of Segunda. They did similar when they had NRL.

Yeah BT would have done that, will be interesting to see which game go online or Youtube based on the timeslot but read on the Bundesliga website the 5.30pm Saturday game will be on the linear channel each week

The blackout period has reintroduced for England only this season which is a shame

I just signed up for another year of Premier Sports because I thought they had Serie A again.
Ah well, it was probably worth it for Sutton/Hartson greeting after Midtjylland...
Yeah with them having both the domestic cups and some qualifiers + La Liga I'll be signing up for another year too.

A bit annoying they've lost Seria A though. Think it will be a very open title race this coming season.

Seriously think it's time to get rid of BT, French football and a handful of Premier League games aren't worth the monthlies now.

A Rangers Europea League win is apparently less important than a Chelsea result in the women's champions league according to BBC these days. I'm absolutely sick of it, they are trying to manufacture demand by pumping up the supply.
Women’s football is so far removed from football it’s a joke. I made a statement about 5 years ago that its worse than junior football it’s well below that level and got slaughtered, a few months later the USWNT World Cup holders got jumped 5 or 6 nil by an under 15s amateur male side. Forcing this shit onto people just turns them off. I’ve never watched a women’s game. I don’t intend too. As an experiment they should try and charge a separate subscription for it through sky or whatever.

I’d rather BT just fucked off now if I’m honest.

No interest in Ligue 1 so I’m paying for just the uefa competitions
From the article in post 158:

For the first time since 2013, the Bundesliga will be broadcast in the United Kingdom and ROI by someone other than BT Sport, who acquired the rights when it took over ESPN’s television business as part of its startup service.

However, less than 10 years later the BT Group is exploring ways to exit the sports television market. With less than two million subscribers BT has reportedly opened talks with streaming services such as Amazon, Disney, and DAZN to see if the market can be exited, and the Bundesliga serves as its first major rights loss since the company realigned its business strategy.

For Sky the situation couldn’t be more different, the company is Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand – boasting 23.4 million subscribers across the continent. It is this positioning in the marketplace which has allowed the company to strike a lucrative deal with Bundesliga International – said to be significantly higher than any previous Bundesliga-UK rights agreement.

Thought BT would have more than 2 million subscribers.

From the article in post 158:

For the first time since 2013, the Bundesliga will be broadcast in the United Kingdom and ROI by someone other than BT Sport, who acquired the rights when it took over ESPN’s television business as part of its startup service.

However, less than 10 years later the BT Group is exploring ways to exit the sports television market. With less than two million subscribers BT has reportedly opened talks with streaming services such as Amazon, Disney, and DAZN to see if the market can be exited, and the Bundesliga serves as its first major rights loss since the company realigned its business strategy.

For Sky the situation couldn’t be more different, the company is Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand – boasting 23.4 million subscribers across the continent. It is this positioning in the marketplace which has allowed the company to strike a lucrative deal with Bundesliga International – said to be significantly higher than any previous Bundesliga-UK rights agreement.

Thought BT would have more than 2 million subscribers.

Theyre paying crazy money for the champions league. Must have made a loss every year and no wonder they’re shedding their other competitions

UK football fans tend to watch EPL, EFL, SPFL and the major European competitions.

The other leagues aren't big subscriber drivers. People who subscribe to Sky Sports and BT Sport do so without the additional expense of the other major European leagues.

If BT do get Serie A, it will most likely be without studio coverage. Just commentary and Serie A's own produced preview and review shows.

UK football fans tend to watch EPL, EFL, SPFL and the major European competitions.

The other leagues aren't big subscriber drivers. People who subscribe to Sky Sports and BT Sport do so without the additional expense of the other major European leagues.

If BT do get Serie A, it will most likely be without studio coverage. Just commentary and Serie A's own produced preview and review shows.
Yeah, it's quite a niche all these other Leagues, many keen Football fans won't be bothered at all by them really.

Sky are already the pick of the bunch when it comes to Scottish football and the PL. Bundesliga will be a great addition as it’s mostly end to end high scoring games.

I’m not sure it’s that good to be honest. 2 matches first weekend - BT would have had 4. No mention of Bundesliga 2 but that was never likely to be that good with no Monday night matches and the new Saturday night match, best to hope for there would have been one match every week at Friday 530 uk time really.
They’ve only officially announced the games involving Bayern and BVB on the first weekend but I read somewhere on Twitter that they will show 4 games live every week, so assume they will also be showing the two Sunday afternoon matches and they will confirm in due course.

Seems unclear what they’re plans are for BL2 are at present though. I’m sure we will get more information in the coming days.

Hoping that they try to make a big deal of it and have presenter, pundits and round up show each week like they used to do with Revista La Liga.

Works for me. I watched the livi game on sky in the end last week. The £9.99 sky sports day pass also got me 5 months sky sports on mobile.

Will be dissapointed if they don’t. You would at least hope for a few top end games featuring the likes of Hamburg, Schalke or Bremen.

I’m glad it’s still being televised, but a bit gutted their won’t be as many matches - some cnut get Serie A sorted now - ideally BT!.
By the looks of it they will still show 4 games every week which with the Saturday afternoon blackout back in place is as many as they would be allowed to. Seems some uncertainty surrounding Bundesliga 2 coverage but if the rights would have stayed with BT they probably wouldn’t have covered many games themselves this season as the regular Monday night slot is no more.

By the looks of it they will still show 4 games every week which with the Saturday afternoon blackout back in place is as many as they would be allowed to. Seems some uncertainty surrounding Bundesliga 2 coverage but if the rights would have stayed with BT they probably wouldn’t have covered many games themselves this season as the regular Monday night slot is no more.
I’m not convinced they’ll be showing 4 mate but I guess this could mean that:

The premium fixture of each weekend will be shown live every Saturday at 5.30pm on Sky Sports Football, with further matches broadcast via Sky Sports' linear or digital channels including Sky Sports YouTube.

All rumours and guessing anyway. To be honest I’m not massively bothered by it really, I’m happy enough being able to watch every Rostock match on a betting site really. I would appreciate having a Bundesliga 2 match live at 530 Friday and 730 Saturday though. Just not that appealing Bundesliga this coming season really when put against the Premier League.

Theyre paying crazy money for the champions league. Must have made a loss every year and no wonder they’re shedding their other competitions

They only really moved into sports to stop people signing up to bundled Sky Broadband and TV deals.

Fair chance they will have enough of the market signed up when you take into account they also own Plusnet and EE. I doubt they ever made any money from BT Sports - it was probably a loss leader to maintain their dominance in other areas.

Wee bit of information on the deal

Hopefully a deal could be struck for Bundesliga 2
Solid confirmation there that all four matches outside of the Saturday afternoon blackout slot will be shown each week. I assume they will be on the Sky Sports Football channel, though there will be a clash with the Championship game on a Friday night so assume one of the games will switch to Sky Sport PL.

Hopefully they secure the rights for 2.Liga that would potentially allow them to show four more games from there (early eve Fri, Sat night and Sat & Sun lunchtime. That would be enough to have a standalone Sky Bundesliga channel.

The bottom line is few people will buy a sky to Watch German tv nor cancel a subscription if they don’t have. The same as Scottish football, both have little value to SKY

Starts tonight

Looks just the 2 games on Sky this weekend unless someone can find anything else

Next weekend 21/22 August
5.30pm Saturday Bayer Leverkusen v Borussia Monchengladbach
4.30pm Sunday Bayern Munich v Koln

That show up on the EPG

Starts tonight

Looks just the 2 games on Sky this weekend unless someone can find anything else

That show up on the EPG
they are also showing Dortmund V Bayern in their version of the Charity Shield on Tuesday night

Starts tonight

That show up on the EPG
Pretty disappointing from Sky so far as seems they are only interested in showing Bayern & BVB games.

Starts tonight

That show up on the EPG
Think they have the Super Cup next week too.

Still, looks like they're focussing entirely on Dortmund, Bayern and the 1.Bundesliga, already a steep step down from BT.

Solid confirmation there that all four matches outside of the Saturday afternoon blackout slot will be shown each week. I assume they will be on the Sky Sports Football channel, though there will be a clash with the Championship game on a Friday night so assume one of the games will switch to Sky Sport PL.
Sky sports Mix would be my guess mate

Sky sports Mix would be my guess mate
Looks like for the time being at least they aren’t going to show all available games. This weekend and next weekend they are only showing the games featuring BVB and Bayern.

If this is their plan for the whole season then it’s going to be desperately disappointing. I follow Köln and whereas I could see them play almost every week last season on BT I’ll be limited to seeing them just 4 times this season which is a joke.

Really missing a trick with no Bundesliga 2 this season.

No sign if a highlights show yet either?

Very poor from Sky

Really missing a trick with no Bundesliga 2 this season.

No sign if a highlights show yet either?

Very poor from Sky
I’ve just seen on ‘Live Football’ that the two games being played tomorrow will be made available through Sky Sports app.

Hopefully there will be a way to watch through Sky Q so I can watch on TV and that it won’t just be restricted to phone, tablet or Smart TV.

Re Liga 2. You would have thought it a no brainier as they could at least make the 5.30pm Friday evening game & 7.30pm Saturday night matches available as Sky don’t usually have any other football to show at these times.

I did read somewhere that it hasn’t yet been determined what will happen with Liga 2 this season as far as U.K. tv is concerned. So Sky might yet add some games to the schedule at some point or it might even be that another broadcaster picks them up.

I also certainly thought they would do what they did with Revista La Liga and have a 90 minute highlight’s show with a presenter guests and chat about the game in Germany but no sign of this in the schedule either at this stage.

Reactions: cav
I’ve just seen on ‘Live Football’ that the two games being played tomorrow will be made available through Sky Sports app.

Hopefully there will be a way to watch through Sky Q so I can watch on TV and that it won’t just be restricted to phone, tablet or Smart TV.

Re Liga 2. You would have thought it a no brainier as they could at least make the 5.30pm Friday evening game & 7.30pm Saturday night matches available as Sky don’t usually have any other football to show at these times.

I did read somewhere that it hasn’t yet been determined what will happen with Liga 2 this season as far as U.K. tv is concerned. So Sky might yet add some games to the schedule at some point or it might even be that another broadcaster picks them up.

I also certainly thought they would do what they did with Revista La Liga and have a 90 minute highlight’s show with a presenter guests and chat about the game in Germany but no sign of this in the schedule either at this stage.
Bundelsiga weekly is on sky sports football at 7pm on Monday.

Wondering if this Sky deal is behind why Skybet aren't showing the matches today live? Seems odd.

Wondering if this Sky deal is behind why Skybet aren't showing the matches today live? Seems odd.
Did they show them last season?

Certainly interesting since Sky no longer owed SkyBet, allow the name to be use

Last edited:
Did they show them last season?

Certainly interesting since Sky no longer owed SkyBet, allow the name to be use
Yeah, showed Bundesliga 2 first 2 weekends as well - aren't showing them this weekend.

They are showing Dortmund v Eintracht.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back