27 shots, 10 on target, 1 goal

I know he hasn’t been on too form but our front 3 always lacks goals without Kemar Roofe.

It’s getting too easy to sucker punch Rangers. Keep it to 1-0 then attack n the last 15 mins and we will give up chances. Let’s face it with our finishing that’s not difficult.

Its brutal, mate. We should not be hanging on for 1-0 victories when creating nearly 30 chances. The opposition will always get at least one decent chance to equalise.

There's our problem in a nutshell. Unbelievably poor return in front of goal is costing us points. It needs sorted, and quickly.
Does that include blocked shots?
I thought our shooting was better today and players were more committed to hitting the ball from further out.
I also thought Hearts rode their luck and were fortunate not to get a doing.

Front 3 has been our biggest problem all season. 15 goals on 9 games is an abysmal return. Need 2 goalscorers in the 11 every time imo.

I thought our shooting was better today and players were more committed to hitting the ball from further out.

Poor luck, poor finishing. It doesn't matter, mate, when we are dropping points in games that should have been done and dusted. Our League goal return this season has been rank rotten.

The two full backs assists seem to have gone and that's huge compared to the last few seasons.
Barasic has been steadily returning to form and he did put a few dangerous balls in today.
However, Tav's form continues to be average and he isn't giving us the same as he did last season.
That said, the team looked to be playing better and the first half was just like last season.
Probably we got the substitutions wrong.

Last edited:
Motherwell rode their luck at Ibrox, and 1 shot on target and score. Hearts similar with 2 shots on target and score. I personally thought Alfie, Tav and McGregor were to blame for todays dropped points.

Any poor result by us is jumped upon by the media. This one ever more so. The players are needlessly bring pressure onto themselves by not battering these teams. We could easily have been 2 or even 3 goals up by half-time.

It's more or less the same every week, and if a shot gets blocked, then that just means your shot was shit to start with.

We played more than good enough today to win that game by 3 or 4, but we don't score nearly enough for the chances we create. It was the exact same in the Motherwell game.

Every chance we miss just gives the other team belief that they can nick something, and they have on these 2 occasions.

Gordon is also probably the second best keeper in the league. So a hard one to beat, think on another day we score 4.

Their streak of pish keeper kept then in the game too.

On a different day we could easily have been 4-0 before that calamity at the end.

An embarrassing stat.

We should have been out of sight by half time today, the end product this side produces is absolutely abysmal.

Morelos shots to goal ratio must be awful.

Roofe looks more dangerous in the box than him all too often nowadays

Last three league home games vs Motherwell, Hibs and Hearts…

71 shots, 4 goals.

Hellish return - we can’t win the league if this continues.

That’s terrible goals change games we go 2-0 up games over. Our strikers are almost as bad as our full backs right now.

27 shots 10 on target & 1 goal to show for ut tells 1 story
What about the opposition that come to Ibrox
They don't need 27 shots to get 10 on target & get 1 goal
That says as much about our defending as anything else

Both of these aspects of our game needs to change before we see any improvement in results as whilst today i felt we played well the result is what matters & our gifting goals & missing chances has cost us again

There's our problem in a nutshell. Unbelievably poor return in front of goal is costing us points. It needs sorted, and quickly.
Completely agree. Only taking 1 from that many good chances is piss poor. They can’t even take credit for the 1 we did get, cap doffed to Lundstram for that finish.

Back