6.30 catering update

Anyone had problems with card payment?

That 3 games this season i have had to put the card in the reader with my pin as the contactless didn’t work

But the card works contactless anywhere else

I had the sausage roll. It was great but assume the black pudding is in the mixture as it wasn't obvious from the texture and taste! Lad in front of me purchased the burger. Asked how it was and he was disappointed but asked if I wanted the quarter that was left so in the interest of this thread I said sure. Definitely a massive improvement but for me the burger condiments and fillings are important to the burger so lack of that made it a 7/10.

I got my first ever pie from Ibrox on Tuesday night, It was ok but charging 3 quid for that is an utter joke.

Scotch pie was decent today

Still pisses me off though they’ve done away with full fat coke and normal crisps. Replaced with oven baked crisps and Coke Zero
One I had at main stand rear was horrible, ended up ditching it & sticking to baked crappy crisps and warm fanta.

Quality just seems to depend on what parts of the stadium you’re in.

Scotch pie was decent today

Still pisses me off though they’ve done away with full fat coke and normal crisps. Replaced with oven baked crisps and Coke Zero
Black Rooster has full fat Coke. Queued for ages yesterday pre match only to be told there were no chicken strips or wedges available until half time. Pointless.

I had the sausage roll. It was great but assume the black pudding is in the mixture as it wasn't obvious from the texture and taste! Lad in front of me purchased the burger. Asked how it was and he was disappointed but asked if I wanted the quarter that was left so in the interest of this thread I said sure. Definitely a massive improvement but for me the burger condiments and fillings are important to the burger so lack of that made it a 7/10.

I got asked if I wanted all the fillings on the Nacho dog I ordered. Aye well obviously I want everything on it or I wouldn't have asked for it!

Woman behind the till determined to get away with me paying £8.50 for a drink and a roll with just a sausage on it!

No wonder the vans dotted around Ibrox are coining it in, queues are lengthy, I get folk will be hungry, coming straight from work, but many would rather eat outside than inside, there is a reason for that.

Are the burgers just burger & cheese or have they got sh!t in them mate?Cant be arsed with having to throw the salad into the bin.

If you’d handed the guy £16.90 and told him to keep the change, you’d get my sympathy.

Appreciate we’ve changed caterers but personally I’d never buy any food/drink in any football stadium
This is the correct response.
With the added proviso, that if you do buy food in a football stadium, you have absolutely no right to complain about it.

Not sure if serious.

First of all you asked a stranger “ how is that burger?” And then to top it off he offers you a quarter of his burger that he left and you ate it? That burger was in his hands, his lips and teeth all over it, and you ate it?

Jesus.

Hoovering up other peoples left overs. Jesus christ.

This is the correct response.
With the added proviso, that if you do buy food in a football stadium, you have absolutely no right to complain about it.
Nope, don't be so judgmental. People for whatever reason may not have been able to grab a bite to eat beforehand. Just accepting that because you're at a football stadium then the food offering is going to be shite is quite an old fashioned attitude. You can get decent scran at other football stadiums so why not ours?

Are the burgers just burger & cheese or have they got sh!t in them mate?Cant be arsed with having to throw the salad into the bin.
When I was giving it there was a red and green salad leaf and something pickled. Wasn't a lot so easy to get rid of. Assume you could ask for it plain.

Not sure if serious.

First of all you asked a stranger “ how is that burger?” And then to top it off he offers you a quarter of his burger that he left and you ate it? That burger was in his hands, his lips and teeth all over it, and you ate it?
1.Not a stranger.
2. Part of my season ticket family.
3. I'll take the risk.

No cold drinks at a kiosk in the main stand on Saturday, on a baking-hot day. Decided to have a tea... no sugar for the tea!

When I was giving it there was a red and green salad leaf and something pickled. Wasn't a lot so easy to get rid of. Assume you could ask for it plain.
Pickled slabbers.

I doubt you could ask for it plain unless they have plain ones prepared, they aren’t cooked at the kiosks themselves.

Sitting with the posh guys when I mention that the catering for the other 48000 that count more than us how come it is so poor. All I get is some kind of excuse that it is the caterers that are at fault to which I reply ...who is it then that appoints the caterers.. the result is a a blank stare and the conversation changes.
For me if it is not good dont buy it and if enough did that then maybe they would sit up and take notice.
Our fans deserve decent facilities in the stadium and even if another tenner on to a season ticket to ensure good toilets and decent food at a fairer price might be worth paying.

Guy beside me got a half time pie and it smelled the same as usual. Rotten.
Also got myself a coke at half time. Warm,watery and barely drinkable. I suppose a few people say the same about other juices

Pie - lovely - £3.

Fanta - with lid and straw (improvement) -£3.20.

I’d expect the pie to cost more than the drink.

Win 4-0.

Would do again.

Actually surprised at the speed of service on Saturday, joined the queue at half time and had been served, ate my black pudding sausage roll and drunk my Fanta all before the 2nd half kicked off. Any other time in the past when I go at half time i'm still in the queue when the second half is kicking off.

Actually surprised at the speed of service on Saturday, joined the queue at half time and had been served, ate my black pudding sausage roll and drunk my Fanta all before the 2nd half kicked off. Any other time in the past when I go at half time i'm still in the queue when the second half is kicking off.

You probably ate it quicker as there was no black pudding in it.

Sell out game last night, never seen so many folk looking for tickets outside Ibrox for some time.

Go to kiosk in Club Deck before kick off, no burgers.

They know there is a sell out crowd coming and they don’t even have burgers before the match starts ! The hot dog roll also tasted like it had been lying out for a week.

oh and giving out coke in coffee cups !

Black Rooster chicken burger and a fanta was £8.50. It was decent enough but overpriced, as you expect I suppose. Lassie actually tried to overcharge me until I corrected her.

Sell out game last night, never seen so many folk looking for tickets outside Ibrox for some time.

Go to kiosk in Club Deck before kick off, no burgers.

They know there is a sell out crowd coming and they don’t even have burgers before the match starts ! The hot dog roll also tasted like it had been lying out for a week.

oh and giving out coke in coffee cups !
Boy next to me got a burger around half time, and it looked good tbf.

There was a temporary easing of the rules with regards taking plastic bottles of water into the stadium during hot weather and also as part of covid measures - did I dream that or did it happen?

Had a macaroni pie last night that actually tasted cheesey and not that stodgy. So that gets a pass.

What does NOT get a pass is the contactless card system. It is fucked. I'll wager more than a few people have been stung for double payments over the last couple weeks!!!!

Fair do's I don't think I'd be to keen in eating some random blokes left over burger.

I got the black pudding sausage roll and it was lovely black pudding in it aswell :D however the draught coke was utterly horrendous tasted nothiy like coke.

Back