6.30 catering update

the service aspect is so poor and dated. as you say, should be one person taking order, dealing with payment, while someone loads up the order.

I remember seeing it for the first time in austrlia years ago with pints, someone just pouring lager after lager, someone running them to the tills, and a few folk taking orders. Definitely more places here in that model (I've seen similar at Murrayfield for example)

Absolutely no reason that we just stick with the same past their sell-by-date processes, it's painful.

I had a mate over from Canada for a game a couple of years back. He was incredulous at how slow it was.

We just don't do it well at all. You feel like you're banging your head off a brick wall about it.

I don't understand why it's consistently so bad. Do they not make enough money off it to care?

Until people stop paying for this shite nothing will significantly change.

Been complaints about the quality and service for years, yet still loads of fans hand over their hard earned week in wee out for what is basically worthless crap, not to mention the time wasted queuing, missing parts of the match etc.

There should be a total boycott till it gets sorted. Otherwise you can just look forward to being ripped off for ever.
This was it supposed to be sorted.

The first night of the new catering company after their taste test that was posted all over social media. Pictures of tasty looking food to make us think things were going to be great.

Get there and it’s the usual crap service, limited crap food, limited flat warm drinks.

This is what we have at Yankee Stadium

DLP1MuCW4AE9MS_.jpg

Kings_Hawaiian_Menu.0.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg
Half of the experience of going to a ball park is watching baseball.

The other half is getting drunk and eating as much of that food as you can!

This is what we have at Yankee Stadium

DLP1MuCW4AE9MS_.jpg

Kings_Hawaiian_Menu.0.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

Scottish football as a whole is stuck in some kind of 80s time warp when it comes to the fan experience. Vertically zero has improved and moved with the times since then.

There’s been a bit of tinkering with edges with Rangers doing things like fan zones outside the stadium but (with the exception of the move to all seater stadiums - which was compulsory) very little has moved on in 30-40 years.

Nothing to encourage families to come to games, nothing to entertain kids, nothing to encourage fans to come to the stadium early, nothing to encourage supporters to spend money on the day.

No wonder a lot of kids would rather sit playing their gaming system. And given the cost of taking a family of 3-4 to a one off game vs the fairly dismal fan experience out with the game itself, I suspect many parents are happy enough to leave them to that.

No one is expecting the full MLB experience but FFS, surely the club can muster up a bit more imagination than a choice at the kiosk which is virtually identical to something you’d have seen in 1985?!

Bought a Nacho Dog Meal Deal about 19:10 in the Main Stand Front last night just to try it out. Only two left so was lucky. Granted I was absolutely ripped right off at the price of £8.50, but someone has to do it!

It looked absolutely nothing like what was shown on the screen above, but I thought it did actually taste quite nice. Chorizo sausage, jalapenos, nacho chips and mustard on it.

The Fanta was being served in a white paper cup, rather than the previous Coke cups. People paying £2.20 for a carton of water.

£5 for a programme was a disgrace as well.

It was Levy's debut at Ibrox and didn't impress, but I'm sure it will only get better from here with last night being their first game to work at. With more fans expected against Tottenham on Saturday there will definitely be more available to buy.
You're lucky. No nacho chips on the nacho dog in the Copland Rear! Salsa, jalapeño and the vegan dog.

And think how much money they make from the food and drink.

As I said in my post above, no one expecting the full MLB fan experience. Football is a very different game and fans won’t be getting getting up every 20 minutes for another beer or some nachos.

But a much more modern and varied food selection, better service and activities for kids and families pre-game would see a lot folk getting to the stadium earlier, enjoying the atmosphere, activities and food…… and spending far more money directly with the club.

What is the sauce distribution situation like that? Those clever Germans have invented some sort of pedal or accelerator for when your hands are full.

iNADPZG.png

Last night, no we couldn't.

I was at work, had to get home, changed, pick the wee fella up from his summer club, pick up a mate and head to the match.

It's really not unreasonable to ask that a stadium can provide a service for food even if it's fast food style level of "nutricious". It doesn't have to be Michelin starred. That sort of comment is just a nonsense.

You're not expecting a hot dog to be phonomenal. It's just convenience for the situation.

Just such an idiotic post when not everyone is in your particular situation.
Did you get dropped off at your turnstile? If not , I can guarentee you would’ve passed at least 5 catering vans of some sort you could’ve eaten at, for half the price.

Did you get dropped off at your turnstile? If not , I can guarentee you would’ve passed at least 5 catering vans of some sort you could’ve eaten at, for half the price.

From where we park and walk to the ground we pass two vans at the Broomloan Corner of the Main Stand.

Given we were tight for time last night, we figured we were as well getting in since there were turnstyle queues. We had 10 minutes inside before KO.

It's not about the price of the food (or even particularly the quality as mentioned before)

Last night, we figured we'd at least try the kiosks given the new caterers and it being the first game back. I've used the vans plenty in the past but if possible, I'd rather give the club the money.

It's about convenience though. If we could be served in time at HT, I'd quite happily hand over any reasonable sum of cash for a hotdog and a drink.

As it was, going home we got a hotdog and a can from one of those two vans. It certainly wasn't half the price of the ones in the ground all the same so that point is a nonsense too.

However, that's got nothing to do with the (lack of) service in Ibrox.

There's no need for it to be so hard to try and grab anything, whether it's food or just a drink at HT.

Last edited:
the service aspect is so poor and dated. as you say, should be one person taking order, dealing with payment, while someone loads up the order.

I remember seeing it for the first time in austrlia years ago with pints, someone just pouring lager after lager, someone running them to the tills, and a few folk taking orders. Definitely more places here in that model (I've seen similar at Murrayfield for example)

Absolutely no reason that we just stick with the same past their sell-by-date processes, it's painful.
Murrayfield don’t operate catering in cramped kiosks. They use their fan village to deliver the vast majority of the catering and I don’t see why we can’t do the same.

Kiosks inside the stadium are a last resort so just stick to delivering the basics.

They can’t get the basics right.
Ordered a white coffee.
Walk away from kiosks (cup is absolutely roasting as they don’t provide the thermal collar)
Remove lid and coffee is black.
Need to return to busy kiosk,wait and ask for milk.
They hunt about under the counter for the wee pods of UHT milk.
Not rocket science to put the milk out along with the stirrers ,sauces etc
£2.70 and the drinks are rank.
Whole thing is a shambles.

It's a fundamental part of going to the football, or out, to any event or sporting occasion.

The fucking food and drinks at least needs to have a few different options, be bloody hot and actual edible/drinkable

Club have failed in this area for well over a decade, but I'm including Dave Kings first spell here with Murray etc. The food was shite then too.

It's a staple of Ibrox by this point, come eat shite.

Not good enough the club should make them shape up or ship out I am sure there are plenty of others who would gladly supply a decent service with affordable prices

Why have a big grand gesture evening. "This is the great food we are going to be serving" then the first night half of it is not even available. As a business never mind for the poor Supporters that is a shambles and unacceptable. Everything should have been 8/10 night one.
Completely agree with this. If I was running the show I’d have had every kiosk open, plenty of staff, great service and high availability of a good selection of quality food. Even if I made a small loss on the first night, first impressions are everything. As it happens, all of those measures were worse than the previous lot. Maybe things will improve but I wouldn’t bet on it.

That’s just at the moment. Patience. They aren’t going to not offer regular coke.
They will not bring regular coke back. Why would they? The syrup is more expensive due to sugar tax and it will also be more expensive than other drinks on offer so why would the club pay more money for something than it has to. It will be sugar free and diet drinks only

They will not bring regular coke back. Why would they? The syrup is more expensive due to sugar tax and it will also be more expensive than other drinks on offer so why would the club pay more money for something than it has to. It will be sugar free and diet drinks only
So if someone has a hangover they won’t be allowed full fat coke or Fanta? That sounds like something from a well known 1984 book. Adults can choose to pay extra for sugar if they please.

Diet drinks are bad for you as well with the stuff they contain so they can’t take the Nora high ground on that.

I was at the Yankees game last Friday vs the Red Sox. It really is another world from the crap we get ‘served up’. So much choice, all cooked fresh and great customer service

So if someone has a hangover they won’t be allowed full fat coke or Fanta? That sounds like something from a well known 1984 book. Adults can choose to pay extra for sugar if they please.

Diet drinks are bad for you as well with the stuff they contain so they can’t take the Nora high ground on that.
Got to be honest, I don't remember anything in Orwell's classic novel that was remotely comparable to the kiosks at Ibrox not selling full fat coke.

Got to be honest, I don't remember anything in Orwell's classic novel that was remotely comparable to the kiosks at Ibrox not selling full fat coke.
That’s what he was screaming at in Room 101. I thought it was fairly clear it was insinuated what was in the room was a drinks dispenser with Diet Coke only.

The difference in cost between coke and diet coke syrup will be minimal, and they could easily put an extra 30p on for a cup of normal coke compared to diet. The money they make off of this type of drink is unreal.

Technically you are correct- but how much money being spent on these catering vans finds it’s way into the club to finance future investment and players deals - perhaps Rangers should look at getting their own catering vans outside Ibrox with the clear message all profits will go towards financially supporting Rangers future investments on and off the field.- we are currently indirectly financing privately owned catering businesses with absolutely no connections to Rangers other than making money for themselves from the Rangers family

Technically you are correct- but how much money being spent on these catering vans finds it’s way into the club to finance future investment and players deals - perhaps Rangers should look at getting their own catering vans outside Ibrox with the clear message all profits will go towards financially supporting Rangers future investments on and off the field.- we are currently indirectly financing privately owned catering businesses with absolutely no connections to Rangers other than making money for themselves from the Rangers family
It’s disappointing the fan village isn’t a permanent feature as we should be using the space outside the stadium to improve the catering options.

I’m not convinced Rangers want to go down the route of in house catering. Sell the space and let competition between vendors ensure quality and value for money.

It really is pathetic they still cant get the basics right,hot food should be hot and cold drinks cold ffs.

The kiosks aren’t there to provide hangover cures FFS… :))

They had normal Fanta. It was only the coke that was Zero or Diet. That was the 3 choices.

Or you could go for a nice cup of luke warm water.

From where we park and walk to the ground we pass two vans at the Broomloan Corner of the Main Stand.

Given we were tight for time last night, we figured we were as well getting in since there were turnstyle queues. We had 10 minutes inside before KO.

It's not about the price of the food (or even particularly the quality as mentioned before)

Last night, we figured we'd at least try the kiosks given the new caterers and it being the first game back. I've used the vans plenty in the past but if possible, I'd rather give the club the money.

It's about convenience though. If we could be served in time at HT, I'd quite happily hand over any reasonable sum of cash for a hotdog and a drink.

As it was, going home we got a hotdog and a can from one of those two vans. It certainly wasn't half the price of the ones in the ground all the same so that point is a nonsense too.

However, that's got nothing to do with the (lack of) service in Ibrox.

There's no need for it to be so hard to try and grab anything, whether it's food or just a drink at HT.
£5 for a cheeseburger from the van at corner of main and broomloan.scandalous.and it was lukewarm at best

If rangers could provide decent food i wouldnt bother with said burger vans.but they dont so i do bother with them.helluva lot faster to get served and the dont sell out o stuff

I get the principle of your point and I do actually agree with you, but you could have thought of a better example mate! It's someone that's rough not being able to buy a drink with sugar in it, not somebody withholding insulin from a diabetic :D

Back