6.30 catering update

A lot of us have family that's emigrated and enjoy bringing them back to understand our obsession with The Rangers but, match day experience leaves a lot to be desired tbh.
We can handle it but, try telling a neice or nephew from the states etc that they can't get a dog at halftime.

CC it's a hike by camel for us to get any sustenance now.
Exactly!
I had a serious accident a few years ago and still have some mobility issues.
Getting to my seat in MFN is a challenge in itself but climbing to the rear of the stand, down the stairs to grab a pie and then up another few flights of stairs and down again to my seat just isn't worth the hassle!
Like you, it'll be sannies and a flask for me from now on!

I’m going to start sneaking a bottle of juice in when I’m not on the bevvy. £3.20 for a lukewarm watered down Fanta :D

It’s easy enough to do. I had a ruck suck with me today with a phone charger, can of Right Guard, clothes and some other stuff as I’d come straight to the match from staying away from home and was heading home after. No questions about the rucksack, no search of it.

I also noticed today that the food vans around the stadium have a much more attractive offering than they used to. A lot of variety. Street food type offerings. Between that and the ease with which you can take your own stuff in, if the club don’t get their act together and quickly then they’re going to start losing out on a lot of revenue.

It’s going to be very hard to change peoples behaviours and habits if they do start regularly doing this and swerving the in stadium offering because it’s so dreadful.

Went to Kiosk in the club deck early doors when hardly anyone was in ground. Only 1 kiosk 3 along from them had any burgers.

Burger was decent in fairness. I mean its overpriced nonsense but it was more enjoyable than the nonsense that used to be presented as a burger.

But the lack of food across all kiosks is an utter shambles for a club our size. The club simply don't care. Happy to take our hard earned though of course.

It’s easy enough to do. I had a ruck suck with me today with a phone charger, can of Right Guard, clothes and some other stuff as I’d come straight to the match from staying away from home and was heading home after. No questions about the rucksack, no search of it.

I also noticed today that the food vans around the stadium have a much more attractive offering than they used to. A lot of variety. Street food type offerings. Between that and the ease with which you can take your own stuff in, if the club don’t get their act together and quickly then they’re going to start losing out on a lot of revenue.

It’s going to be very hard to change peoples behaviours and habits if they do start regularly doing this and swerving the in stadium offering because it’s so dreadful.
I’ve plenty of practise sneaking bottles in but it’s not usually juice :))

I actually had a backpack today too, steward inside the turnstyle asked to see inside it, I’d barely opened the zip when he said it was fine.

Fries were a big improvement
5bae8b7e1f0000df0022f666.jpeg

The prices are a joke overall but particularly the soft drinks, watered down flat Coke Zero costs you more than £3

I got a black rooster outside the game, was tremendous

Boy next to me in GR went down before HT wanting a burger but they had none. Came back with a hot dog and a pie

Had to laugh that the macaroni pies are now the same price as the steak ones, a season or 2 ago they used to be the cheapest ones on the menu, surely can't blame COVID or Ukraine for this !

I thought the absence of a stall on the small concourse in MFN was possibly only due to the previous games were only friendlies but nothing again today so it looks like it's been scrapped.
How is it that we can somehow make poor catering actually WORSE than it was previously?
Mind blowing!
:(

There is a massive sign up that says food concourses at rear. To be honest I’m glad thats away, it looked utterly tragic and you couldn’t pay by card.

A lot of us have family that's emigrated and enjoy bringing them back to understand our obsession with The Rangers but, match day experience leaves a lot to be desired tbh.
We can handle it but, try telling a neice or nephew from the states etc that they can't get a dog at halftime.
Had relatives over from Denver Colorado last year. Hadn’t been to Ibrox in over 30 years.

The disappointment and shock on their faces as we walked past the barbed wire portakabins outside then onto the concourse in the govan front as we took my nephew to the stinking toilets isn’t easily forgotten. They were polite but it was written all over their faces.

Was going to ask about them, noticed them on the menu. However due to recent reports about the catering I stuffed my face outside the ground instead and was raging when I see that on the menu.
Black pudding if it’s Stornaway with a fried or poached egg placed on top can be delicious.

The thought of it on a soggy roll with a Loren sausage sounds vile.

Just want to say thanks to the young guy next to me in the queue at the kiosk who insisted on paying for my burger as I was unaware that it was card payment only. I'm an old school cash type of person and don't carry a card. So if you are on here pal, thanks a million. Truly proud of the Rangers Family.
Burger was 7/10 and very tasty.

It’s rare for me to queue at half-time for something to eat or drink. I once missed a Gazza goal against Hibs and that taught me a lesson. Tried to run up the stairs only to spill ma drink. Since then, I make do with buying something before the game. Compared to places like Amsterdam’s Ajax or the San Siro, we have still a lot of catching up to do with the concourses and number of outlets.

I’m going to start sneaking a bottle of juice in when I’m not on the bevvy. £3.20 for a lukewarm watered down Fanta :D
Actually amazed more people don't bring in their own food. Saves a fortune

How did we all get on then yesterday food wise?

I opted for a cheese n chilli dog from the van behind the Copland.

Chicken wings and peri peri chips from Black Rooster van outside, pretty damn good
I had a look for it yesterday and it wasn’t there so used a different van and headed to the Louden.I noticed it along from the Tillman heading thing on my way into the stadium so must have just missed it arriving.

How did we all get on then yesterday food wise?

I opted for a cheese n chilli dog from the van behind the Copland.

I had the Nacho Dog and drink meal deal from inside the stadium again and thought it was class. Just hoped we could have got chocolate or crisps as well for the price of £8.50!

The green and white cups have now also been replaced by brown cups. A small victory.

Back