6.30 catering update

how hard can it be to supply ice for the fountain drinks? its the cheapest of the cheap way of serving soft drinks and the most profitable yet they cant serve it cold

this isnt just tonight, its been for decades on the concourses
It’ll be cheaper to just water the drinks down a bit than have the expense, space and time costs for ice machines

They will not bring regular coke back. Why would they? The syrup is more expensive due to sugar tax and it will also be more expensive than other drinks on offer so why would the club pay more money for something than it has to. It will be sugar free and diet drinks only
Why not give the consumer the option?

We’re not expecting the catering firm to cover the ‘tax’ - it would be an extra 20-30p per cup like it is at McDonalds.

They sell full sugar Fanta too

A burger van manages to provide a better selection, including chips, curry, burgers, hot dogs, wraps, pies and chicken from a smaller space than one of our kiosks.

I say we hand it over to the true professionals and let them into the stadium to run the show B-D

I get the principle of your point and I do actually agree with you, but you could have thought of a better example mate! It's someone that's rough not being able to buy a drink with sugar in it, not somebody withholding insulin from a diabetic :D
The diabetic example might have been better to use actually, if they need something to raise their blood sugar. All Fanta has sweetener and the diet drinks are no use there.

They will not bring regular coke back. Why would they? The syrup is more expensive due to sugar tax and it will also be more expensive than other drinks on offer so why would the club pay more money for something than it has to. It will be sugar free and diet drinks only
The club is just being healthy. Organic pies next.

They will not bring regular coke back. Why would they? The syrup is more expensive due to sugar tax and it will also be more expensive than other drinks on offer so why would the club pay more money for something than it has to. It will be sugar free and diet drinks only.
I bet most people who want the full fat coke wouldn't mind paying a bit extra. It's like that in most places where you can buy it, and not much of a difference.

A burger van manages to provide a better selection, including chips, curry, burgers, hot dogs, wraps, pies and chicken from a smaller space than one of our kiosks.

I say we hand it over to the true professionals and let them into the stadium to run the show B-D
A burger van will probably have 300 customers at most

Here we facking go. Will the service have improved from Tuesday night? Let's hope so. New Matchday Thread of the catering needed today! :))

Same as paying for Premier Sports. Why pay for food or anything that is not good. Just dont pay up and they will soon learn how to produce a decent pie or chips etc.
Taking the blue pound is too easy these days.

Love how people mention the vans outside like they are anything other than rancid themselves. Frozen burgers and chips about the only option going.

What we should have done is taken over the burgers spots ourselves outside the ground. So easy to do and we should have got local business to rent a stand inside the ground. So in somewhere like the govan rear you can have had one places doing pies, one doing sandwiches, one just selling soup and hot drinks and one maybe selling sweets and crisps. So easy to do but club couldn’t care as they just see the catering as a hassle

Nacho Dog, very decent - took a bit of time to be made TBF

Asking for water and getting dross tap water and being charged for it, bit grim

Govan Front is a joke.

Literally no food left at HT.. thats twice now in the space of a week.

Daft wee things like no full fat coke and no straws at all for drinks.

Just a really shit service we're getting.

Govan Front is a joke.

Literally no food left at HT.. thats twice now in the space of a week.

Daft wee things like no full fat coke and no straws at all for drinks.

Just a really shit service we're getting.
Not just Govan Front. The whole stadium is the same. I’m sure the board members get a nice meal though so fvck the fans.

SE2 and not a piece of food in sight.....my boys first game and they were hoping for a pie so I left before half time to get in the queue!

A lot of popular food trucks here in the 13 colonies actually have opened kiosks in MLS and MLB and other stadiums. Lots of them have been very successful.

Govan Rear no snack cart anymore.
Not impressed, soup junkie almost every home game, guess I’ve seen the end of that!!

I had a delightful succulent chicken tikka wrap with chilli sauce from a Kebab shop down PRW on route to the ground. :shh: :p

Same here although I didn’t really mind the old steak pies even if they were a bit dry

Aye these ones are similar but definitely less dry and you can tell the meat is better quality

It's a steak pie at the football at the end of the day not expecting too much!

Back