60’s Retro Scarf

Hey guys,

a kind poster on here has sent me these photos of his 60’s scarf and I’m planning on recreating this if everyone is interested :)

If anyone has other designs they would prefer open to suggestions. Trying to gauge interest on the best design
Nice design, what material will these ones be made off?

Don't think the 60s ones were silk.

A red '55' instead of the lion inside that shield design? It would obviously be year specific but a nice wee momento.
Also it would avoid any of the 'brand protection' stuff. Not that anyone can copyright the generic lion rampant, but you know what I mean.
Nice idea mate actually. I was planning on releasing a 55 scarf along with a number of other 55 merch whilst staying clear of the brand protection issues

Just my 2 cents but i'd be interested in the lion crest , not so much the 55.

If i'm buying a retro item i want it to be fully retro in detail - the 55 just seems a bit off.

I'm just one person's opinion though!

Bought one of your current ones - superb thanks.

Agree with above re new one.

I would still purchase one if you decided to go for the 55 scarf one but I would prefer the original red lion one you were planning to do.

Last edited:
Let us know when these are available. Seriously I want four. ( I have my original one given to me in the early mid sixties though dates from the fifties). To me anyway, this is the quintessential Rangers scarf.

I’m struggling to get the wool material and anyone who can do it is very expensive. Would people be happy with the silk material? Again let me know and I’ll go with the majority:)

Been many years since I had the original. Definitely wasn’t silk, not sure about being woollen, cotton maybe?
Anyone who currently has one should be able to advise.

Been many years since I had the original. Definitely wasn’t silk, not sure about being woollen, cotton maybe?
Anyone who currently has one should be able to advise.
I don’t know if it was wool or cotton but it wasn’t the type of thick wool that the retro tammies and some broad striped scarfs are made out of. Maybe cotton.(?) Is there a link to order them or just to leave details to be contacted when they’re available to order?

I’ve just had a look at mine, no label but I would say it is made from very fine wool. The scarf is double thickness, two long thin halves of material stitched together.

Cheers mate. When will it be available and any idea what the cost will be? ( presumably this will be different from the retro scarf displayed on the link at present - the one in silk with the tassels at £15 - which itself is currently unavailable? )
@Der Hammer1 is your man. Yes the one on the website is sold out. The one he's doing now is shown in post #2.

Cheers mate. When will it be available and any idea what the cost will be? ( presumably this will be different from the retro scarf displayed on the link at present - the one in silk with the tassels at £15 - which itself is currently unavailable? )
Still working on the material mate, trying to find a manufacturer who can make these with similar material and quality. As soon as I have them in production I’ll get a pre order started on here

Back