Abel Hernandez

Giovanni Van Henry

Out of contract in the summer seen the mhanks were wanting him but are signing Eduard instead. Personally I'd love us to sign him was just wondering what everyone else thought ?

Very good player but you've got to think he's on a decent wage plus he won't be short of offers from down south.

See Newcastle are thinking about offering him a deal. Hull broke they're transfer record signing him for £10m 4 years ago hopefully having gerrard as manager it could help in trying to sign these kind of players

Hernandez is a striker isn’t he? Yet, bar one good season (2015-2016), at Hull City his goal-scoring record looks pretty poor to me.

22 goals in 45 appearances in that good season - which is impressive. However, a grand total of 17 in 66 appearances over the other 3 seasons. Averaging just 6 a season when that ‘purple patch’ is excluded. Doesn’t even look like he’s been a regular starter in a poor Hull City side over the last 18 months - partly due to an Achilles’ tendon injury that ruled him out for about 5 months this season and 3 months or so out the previous season, due to tendon injury.

Currently linked with Forest and Wolves and, supposedly, was the subject of a £20m bid from Villa last January but it didn’t happen because the players agents wanted a bigger cut!:eek: English football is mental.

Abel Hernandez is the sort of player I would look to avoid.

On his day, he's a good player but pretty inconsistent, on a big wage and had a couple of injuries that would concern me.

Hernandez is a striker isn’t he? Yet, bar one good season (2015-2016), at Hull City his goal-scoring record looks pretty poor to me.

22 goals in 45 appearances in that good season - which is impressive. However, a grand total of 17 in 66 appearances over the other 3 seasons. Averaging just 6 a season when that ‘purple patch’ is excluded. Doesn’t even look like he’s been a regular starter in a poor Hull City side over the last 18 months - partly due to an Achilles’ tendon injury that ruled him out for about 5 months this season and 3 months or so out the previous season, due to tendon injury.

Currently linked with Forest and Wolves and, supposedly, was the subject of a £20m bid from Villa last January but it didn’t happen because the players agents wanted a bigger cut!:eek: English football is mental.
I always had him down as an attacking midfielder playing behind the front 2.

No. just no. Penaesqu....in so much he has talent but not a grafter... I watched this guy burst onto the scene in Italy but he has flattered to decieve since then.
Big wages consistent injuries. If your in this ball park then Lafferty is a better option. But not my option.

He is out of contract and would be a steal for FREE. Someone tell shagger to sweet talk him to Glasgow. Let's Go Abel!

I always had him down as an attacking midfielder playing behind the front 2.

He’s the reason Hull’s season turned around to an extent. Out and out centre forward. When he fancies it he’s very good. I don’t think he fancies it enough.

Back